• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 College Football Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Tua's passes are unbelievably beautiful.

The funny thing about this Bama team is that nearly all really, really good players are sophomores, on both offense and defense. How good are they going to be next year?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't watch the Vols a lot, but Chryst should be their qb for the rest of the season.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Tua's passes are unbelievably beautiful.

The funny thing about this Bama team is that nearly all really, really good players are sophomores, on both offense and defense. How good are they going to be next year?
OP may be an understatement. If this team is on All-Madden Mode, next year's team might be on God Mode.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
@allblackraven Did bama make a change at the guard position? Because Cotton is playing with the 2nd unit?
I'm not watching at the moment, work got in a way. Injury maybe?

Just watched Saban's presser post game - Lester had an ankle injury the previous game, so it was a little bit of a rest and a little bit of an opportunity for Brown, who apparently looked good in practice, to compete.

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Man, Purdue completely dismantled OSU.
Also Devin White will have to sit first half vs Alabama for targeting MSST QB Fitzgerald.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't watch the Vols a lot, but Chryst should be their qb for the rest of the season.
JG played decent the past few games and he’s a tough mf and I respect him but it’s not a coincidence that Chryst led the only touchdown drives of the game. He’s just a better QB and absolutely should be the starter.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
he has heaps of time but he throws absolute dimes and throws people open - his deep balls are awesome - and the lefty spin makes it all look even better
He has heaps of time to throw

That’s all that needs to be said. He looks like a pretty good QB but I’m sorry he’s being way overhyped right now. Until he plays a game that he actually gets pressured like any normal QB I take everything that he does with a grain of salt. Give me 8 seconds to throw and I promise you I’ll hit an open receiver. I was at the game today and all I hear are Bama fans praising him and I’m tired of it. He hasn’t even been challenged. It’s a whole different story when a QB is being pressured

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He has heaps of time to throw

That’s all that needs to be said. He looks like a pretty good QB but I’m sorry he’s being way overhyped right now. Until he plays a game that he actually gets pressured like any normal QB I take everything that he does with a grain of salt. Give me 8 seconds to throw and I promise you I’ll hit an open receiver. I was at the game today and all I hear are Bama fans praising him and I’m tired of it. He hasn’t even been challenged. It’s a whole different story when a QB is being pressured
You mean, we need to see what he's capable of if thrown into the game as a freshman in the 2nd half when Bama is trailing in a championship game?

And his receivers are often open once he throws them open.

Last edited:

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zach Moss over 200yards rushing. I Have to check his tape again. Lacks high end speed, but can squeeze through all holes and he reminds me of Gore. I'd take in the lower rounds.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Georgia getting stopped 7 times in a row on 1st and goal at the 1 is the most embarrassing thing ever