• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The DL, The Lamar and Another Blown Lead

JAAM

Hall of Famer
LOOK AT ROBINSON'S ROUTE!!! I don't think Likely was really that open like the tweet says but God damn DRobs route is hot garbage.

Hahahahahaah poor Lamar

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hahahahahaah poor Lamar
The overthrows and fumble plays aside, it makes you wonder how much of Lamar's forcing of stuff is necessitated by truly garbage WR play. Without beating a dead horse Lamar may play hero ball because even with occasional bad plays, every else is so bad it gives us the best chance to win.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The overthrows and fumble plays aside, it makes you wonder how much of Lamar's forcing of stuff is necessitated by truly garbage WR play. Without beating a dead horse Lamar may play hero ball because even with occasional bad plays, every else is so bad it gives us the best chance to win.
More important question is - why are we passing 3 times from the 5y line when, up to that point, we were rushing at 9y a pop?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
OK, but that blitz looks dreadful if Lamar hands the ball off. That would be a typical Wink gamble that backfires in a big way if you simply hand the ball off. Leaves you no backside protection and the RB is in the second level before the Corners even turn around.
Sure, it would have but it didn't backfire! That's the thing. It was confusing enough to cause a misread by Lamar not to hand the ball off but got a loss of yards in the process. Sometimes, a gamble can pay off in a major way. That one did for Wink.

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sure, it would have but it didn't backfire! That's the thing. It was confusing enough to cause a misread by Lamar not to hand the ball off but got a loss of yards in the process. Sometimes, a gamble can pay off in a major way. That one did for Wink.
I'm not convinced it was "confusing" more than it was Lamar just trying to be a hero in a crucial spot. It's a "dream" look for him if he recognizes the defense correctly. Gets exactly what he wants.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ronnie retweeted Marlon lmao. We've got a mutiny going on! I kid, but clearly the guys are frustrated.
Last time we had a mutiny things turned out well, maybe it’s our good luck charm. Although we don’t have anywhere near the player leadership of 2012

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
But what's the problem? ZDS was a bitch, he agreed to the offered deal, then bailed out. Are you saying we should have upped the offer? Not in a million years.
Congrats, for our pride we have one of the weakest Pass rushes in the league. I’d say more money was appropriate for ZDS and now that “bitch” is doing quite well, while we are not.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
LOOK AT ROBINSON'S ROUTE!!! I don't think Likely was really that open like the tweet says but God damn DRobs route is hot garbage.

that is awful - not even sure what route he's trying to run here

and likely is open instantly if lamar IDs that he has Likely 1v1 vs a safety in off-man albeit it's not the most simple pre-snap read there with the DE muddling things - not a guaranteed TD but would have to be a perfect stick by the defender for likely not to have a high chance to score

but when lamar's humming, he makes that read and that throw and no one thinks anything of it because that's just lamar carving apart a defence

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
that is awful - not even sure what route he's trying to run here

and likely is open instantly if lamar IDs that he has Likely 1v1 vs a safety in off-man albeit it's not the most simple pre-snap read there with the DE muddling things - not a guaranteed TD but would have to be a perfect stick by the defender for likely not to have a high chance to score

but when lamar's humming, he makes that read and that throw and no one thinks anything of it because that's just lamar carving apart a defence
We are one Lamar slump away from becoming the 2018 first half of season Ravens all over again. Hope everybody knows that.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm of this opinion. Blame coaches all you want but they aren't the ones out there failing to execute. My bigger issue coaching wise is what you alluded to - they just don't have that resilience that you've seen even when we were at our lowest. The fight isn't there, and that's on the coaching to bring those spirits back up, Harbaugh especially. You're going to win games and you're going to lose games, but the trend we're seeing of blowing late leads and the cracks in the locker room starting to appear is very concerning right now. It's not at meltdown level from an optics perspective but they have to change that culture fast if they want to prevent it, especially going into a short week here very soon.
A little late in my reply, but yeah. Even with our win yesterday, it is weird but the team got lucky we won in spite of the Browns being bad. They could have won that game. I have to wonder if it's with McDonald or something else because this team wasn't like this last year even when we were missing most of our guys. This year, we have some guys back but the team seems...distinterested at times. It's just super strange from a John Harbaugh team because I'll say his greatest strength has been getting guys to continue playing when you'd think they would stop.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
A little late in my reply, but yeah. Even with our win yesterday, it is weird but the team got lucky we won in spite of the Browns being bad. They could have won that game. I have to wonder if it's with McDonald or something else because this team wasn't like this last year even when we were missing most of our guys. This year, we have some guys back but the team seems...distinterested at times. It's just super strange from a John Harbaugh team because I'll say his greatest strength has been getting guys to continue playing when you'd think they would stop.

I agree with your assesment.

This wreaks of poor coaching - or the players not buying in. Maybe the coaching is fabulous, but if it doesn't resonate with the players that a team expends such draft capital on, then the message needs to change. Where does the message come from? The coaches.

We have a car we want to be a performance vehicle that is firing on all 5 of it's 8 cylinders. Coaches are easier to replace than players. EDIT, especially when the mechanics have had chances to fix it over several derivations of the same problems with the same or similar players and circumstances.

Players looking lost is a reflection of non-stellar coaching.

Last edited: