• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Way-Too-Early Prospect Watch: 2019

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'm sure DTs aren't high on the list for most on here, but Derrick Brown looks like a monster that lives in the backfield, and has good instincts. Not one of those guys that just gets back there and gets lost. Him, Pierce, and Henry could be an amazing line that destroys offenses.
I honestly wouldn't mind a dominant DL. I think we've been good but our DL never takes over games either

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I never watched him, just heard that he used to be a QB
He’s looking pretty good honestly. He’s a QB converted to S and now converted to MLB. He’s playing very well. After seeing his stats I looked up his ranking and found some positive articles about him like from PFF if that means anything stating how well he has done transitioning. He played well at S too so it’s not like he is a guy looking for a position. I will definitely keep an eye on him during the draft process. He smells like a guy we would pick

Terps

Practice Squad
Haven't talked to most of you since the old BaltimoreRavens.com forums were a thing. How is everyone?

This place doesn't look too lively.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Haven't talked to most of you since the old BaltimoreRavens.com forums were a thing. How is everyone?

Nice to have you back, but given our record, do you blame us for not being too lively?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Just watched Derrick Brown vs Georgia (2017). Monster game. Finally a DL that wins consistently at the point of attack and that bullies people. Loved it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Hey Terps, this place isn’t as lively as br was but we are working on that. Look around, we have some articles from members on the boards as well.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tune in 5pm PT today y’all to see our future QB in action! Starting the tank4tua chant early

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Benny snell looks like a workhorse. Good patience(just watch his wildcat snaps), strong and balanced runner, keeps balance well after contact, lowers the shoulder in the hole and gets good push.

Unless Raekwon Davis or Devin White falls to our first, in really beginning to like trading back, multiple trade backs looking for multiple round 2 picks, aim for an elgton jenkins or Michael Jordan, and then aim for a Damien Harris or Benny snell, an elite interior OL(both of whom play center already) and an elite between the tackles workhorse type rb. Probably the best route to go for the future with lamar.

Benny snell looks like a workhorse. Good patience(just watch his wildcat snaps), strong and balanced runner, keeps balance well after contact, lowers the shoulder in the hole and gets good push.

Unless Raekwon Davis or Devin White falls to our first, in really beginning to like trading back, multiple trade backs looking for multiple round 2 picks, aim for an elgton jenkins or Michael Jordan, and then aim for a Damien Harris or Benny snell, an elite interior OL(both of whom play center already) and an elite between the tackles workhorse type rb. Probably the best route to go for the future with lamar.
I like him but he’s #3 RB for me behind David Montgomery and Damien Harris. Can’t really name an elite interior lineman other than Tyler Biadasz at center. I think he’s much more athletic than Travis Fredrick was. Would love to go Dre’Mont Jones or Jerry Tillery in the first. Brian Burns or Jacholi Polite as well. It’s a really loaded d-line class that we should take advantage of. Devin White is still raw but the speed he has can’t be understated.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I like him but he’s #3 RB for me behind David Montgomery and Damien Harris. Can’t really name an elite interior lineman other than Tyler Biadasz at center. I think he’s much more athletic than Travis Fredrick was. Would love to go Dre’Mont Jones or Jerry Tillery in the first. Brian Burns or Jacholi Polite as well. It’s a really loaded d-line class that we should take advantage of. Devin White is still raw but the speed he has can’t be understated.
I haven’t watched David Montgomery, Harris is hands down by #1. Have you seen elgton jenkins yet? He looks like an elite C to me, and Michael Jordan is a superb athlete at G and is playing C this year. I like Dre’mont Jones and I want us to add a gamewrecker DT but it feels to me like you just aren’t gonna find those guys outside of the top 10, and I’m just not sure Jones is the sure fire gamewrecker that Raekwon or Oliver is, same with Tillery who I think is a tier below Jones.

Devin white isn’t exactly raw, at least not from what I’ve seen. He’s got it between the ears, and he doesn’t lack in physicality for a speed LB.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
This WV Texas game is fire. Will Grier is nice

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
David sills
pros: sneaky fast, more physical than you’d expect from a jack skellington lookin ass boi. really good hands catcher, locates the ball well, makes difficult bail out catches. maybe a creative route runner if given the chance? (I saw him adjust a go route vs Tennessee after a nickel blitz, he spotted the blitz and worked inside forcing the off corner to cheat up and in, and sills broke over the top with ease, if not for that blitz then he probably just runs a fade, this is encouraging creativity), feisty, very active catcher and never passively lets the ball fall to him.

Cons: quit skipping leg day. elementary route tree consisting of go routes, shallow outs, and posts, and the pro style routes I do see are slow developing with weak cuts. Can locate and catch a tough ball and is a consistent attacker but will frustratingly locate a catchable ball just a hair too late on occasion. Tenacious and active catcher but his idea of winning the positioning battle is getting open over the top and that’s it. Does not box out and highpoint in coverage.

Overall, I would take him in the fourth. That’s not to say I don’t like him, but at his size and with his skill set, he simply needs to be making contested catches in tight coverage and I haven’t seen him do it consistently enough. If he thickens up those ankles and learns to cut his routes hard, he can become something solid, he’s got the catch radius to catch a poorly thrown ball, but he’s gotta get separation in the nfl. If he had the route tree down well, he’s a third, as of now I’d call him a 4th at best.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Elgton Jenkins has some craey core strength but his technic is a mess. He doesn't have a punch and let guys into his chest consistently. It's quite crazy that people can't move him even with the leverage they get on him, but that won't work in the NFL.
I'd rather have one of the Wisconsin guys tbh.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Elgton Jenkins has some craey core strength but his technic is a mess. He doesn't have a punch and let guys into his chest consistently. It's quite crazy that people can't move him even with the leverage they get on him, but that won't work in the NFL.
I'd rather have one of the Wisconsin guys tbh.
Same. I’d rather have Biadasz or Gaillard from Georgia but he just got hurt.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
After watching some David Montgomery film, he’s my new #1 draft crush. Too bad we don’t have a 2nd round pick. Is he middle to late first round worthy?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I love his elusiveness though. Might not have that home run, but can turn a no gain into 5-10
He's good no doubt, I'd love him here (although I'd rather have some real IOL to fix the run game). He's just not 1st round good.