• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Way-Too-Early Prospect Watch: 2019

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Why is dexter Lawrence so highly touted? I don’t see it. He’s just a big fucking meat mountain. He controls the line against the run, he absolutely dominates there, the line bends to his will, but he disappears in the pass rush, no penetration because he can’t get skinny in the gap, and his shedding leaves a lot to be desired in that regard.
Going back to a dead post.... He's frustrating on tape. Against the run he's absolutely dominant, but as a pass rusher he's... Inconsistent. There are games where he displays the athleticism and technique and games where he doesn't. His teammate would be better. I think Lawrence is going to be a dominant run defender at the next level, and he has enormous potential, but the right team is going to have to draft him. Given that plus the drug thing... He could damn well be there in the late second round.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Going back to a dead post.... He's frustrating on tape. Against the run he's absolutely dominant, but as a pass rusher he's... Inconsistent. There are games where he displays the athleticism and technique and games where he doesn't. His teammate would be better. I think Lawrence is going to be a dominant run defender at the next level, and he has enormous potential, but the right team is going to have to draft him. Given that plus the drug thing... He could damn well be there in the late second round.
Drug thing?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Drug thing?
He tested positive for some drug I'm pretty sure.

He's got loads of potential. But he's got lots of work to do as a pass rusher. A team that needs a run stuffing NT should take him early, and hope that they can coach up the pass rushing moves.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Was thinking about making a thread with my quick general thoughts on prospects, like they do on Twitter. Is that cool or is that spamming?