• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Way-Too-Early Prospect Watch: 2019

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
holy shit boiz, its our 2nd annual thread on our new home, we made it through a full offseason, season, and draft season(round of applause) and now we're back with the way too early prospect watch for year 2.

while im still picking my jaw up off the floor after drafting lamar jackson and managing to get hayden hurst AND mark andrews AND a likely starter at RT, i still have some guys in mind that were gonna declare for 2018 but backed out late, the first one that comes to mind is Bryce Love.

if lamar jackson is our future, bryce love is the perfect complement. a RPO style offense works best with blazing speed and elusiveness from the RB, and bryce has both in spades. bryce love and lamar jackson is a level of explosiveness that is simply unfair to expect any NFL defense to defend, that kinda speed would actually make jacksonville pause. but alex collins was a simply spectacular runner on the edges, so i wonder if this would be worth it. all of this is very far away to worry about, but one cant help but to think of it...

others coming soon, @allblackraven convinced me to get an early start

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
holy shit boiz, its our 2nd annual thread on our new home, we made it through a full offseason, season, and draft season(round of applause) and now we're back with the way too early prospect watch for year 2.

while im still picking my jaw up off the floor after drafting lamar jackson and managing to get hayden hurst AND mark andrews AND a likely starter at RT, i still have some guys in mind that were gonna declare for 2018 but backed out late, the first one that comes to mind is Bryce Love.

if lamar jackson is our future, bryce love is the perfect complement. a RPO style offense works best with blazing speed and elusiveness from the RB, and bryce has both in spades. bryce love and lamar jackson is a level of explosiveness that is simply unfair to expect any NFL defense to defend, that kinda speed would actually make jacksonville pause. but alex collins was a simply spectacular runner on the edges, so i wonder if this would be worth it. all of this is very far away to worry about, but one cant help but to think of it...

others coming soon, @allblackraven convinced me to get an early start

You are certainly correct, Bryce Love would be a great addition for the Ravens. He impressed me last season with how well he runs between the tackles. Last year Stanford didn’t throw to him often, but I would like to see more of him as a receiver.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Guys I loved last year:

Ed Oliver, DL, Houston - we'd have to really suck to be in top3-5 range for him
Lester Cotton, OG, Alabama - Yanda's successor?
AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss - yeah, I know - we'd trade down even if he dropped to us at #16

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd love to see Jackson throwing to Deebo Samual. He could be a very good WR in the NFL. Great speed (long end speed and short bursts), great vision, and solid hands.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Guys I loved last year:

AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss - yeah, I know - we'd trade down even if he dropped to us at #16
I wouid love to have Nick Bosa, but we will have to be historically bad for this to happen.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'd love to see Jackson throwing to Deebo Samual. He could be a very good WR in the NFL. Great speed (long end speed and short bursts), great vision, and solid hands.
Deebo is my favorite wr so far and I was crushed when he backed out of declaring
Guys I loved last year:

Oliver is my #1 player

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jesse Burkett, C Stanford looks like a dream fit for Romans scheme, he is a natural pass protector, excellent feet, understands shielding concepts to combo block and can mirror well and pick up late rushes/blitzes with quick feet and vision. no quenton nelson or KO with mauling but more than adequate, will be plenty strong in the pros, but shines with amazing feet and positioning and hand placement. overall good center who appears to have the IQ but really shines in a scheme that gets him mobile on pulls, 2nd level blocks, and his quickness and great anchor make him really hold up well in pass pro. will be watching more of this guy

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
shaquille quarterman, LB, Miami. only watched highlights because i dont feel like watching film anymore, but from what ive seen, holy shit. not a cover guy but goddamn his burst and instincts to improvise plays in the backfield is incredible, reminiscent of ray lewis' stop on darren sproles. seems like every play he is rocketing into the backfield with a perfectly timed impromptu blitz.