• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

I think the focus next year will have to be on OL if guys don’t work out. We have Stanley, Yanda and Brown JR as very good options; however, there’s a lot of uncertainty elsewhere. Some guys could pan out and others may not. I expect a high pick to be invested in OL regardless next year.
It would certainly seem like OL and Edge are 2020 draft priorities already. I think we'd have made OL a little more of a priority this year, but by all accounts it was not a strong class in 2019.

Any thoughts on what the 2020 OL class looks like? Not top dog studs ... just the kind of guys you can expect to get and be happy to take in the 20s

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
It would certainly seem like OL and Edge are 2020 draft priorities already. I think we'd have made OL a little more of a priority this year, but by all accounts it was not a strong class in 2019.

Any thoughts on what the 2020 OL class looks like? Not top dog studs ... just the kind of guys you can expect to get and be happy to take in the 20s
Andrew Thomas and Solomon Kindley UGA, Walker Little Stanford, Trey Adams Washington, Trey Smith Tennessee: all have top 10 potential.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You know that Eluemenor must have sucked if we were willing to trade him to the Empire.

it's been put out there by beat writers that the ravens were tired with his inability to properly get himself conditioned and also lots of false starts etc.

with the way our offence worked (at least last year) we are aiming to at least at some points run long gruelling drives and that requires the OL to be able to handle that marathon of snaps

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's been put out there by beat writers that the ravens were tired with his inability to properly get himself conditioned and also lots of false starts etc.

with the way our offence worked (at least last year) we are aiming to at least at some points run long gruelling drives and that requires the OL to be able to handle that marathon of snaps

I'm ecstatic that we got a 4th rounder for this bum

rossihunter2

Staff Member
from a senior analyst at PFF...

Best Offensive Lines by Pressure Rate Over Expectation
1. Cowboys
2. 49ers
3. Chiefs
4. Giants
5. Ravens
31. Texans
32. Vikings

it's so odd how their individual grades and their team grades dont match up very well with each other and the general opinions of non-pff observers

i just find it incredibly odd that the ravens OL is that high