• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
O-Line has really performed well this year. I had my doubts, especially given the Chargers game last year but they have been good. Big test tomorrow against a formidable D-Line, should be fun

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
our line is absurd
it's a big reason why I don't want to use a 1st round pick on an offensive lineman, unless we were drafting a left tackle, but we obviously don't need to. Lamar Jackson and Roman's blocking schemes are a huge reason why our offensive line is as good as it is.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's a big reason why I don't want to use a 1st round pick on an offensive lineman, unless we were drafting a left tackle, but we obviously don't need to. Lamar Jackson and Roman's blocking schemes are a huge reason why our offensive line is as good as it is.
I kinda disagree. The biggest reason our line works is due to the scheme masking the weakness of some of the players. However, we still have a major weakness at LG, and Yanda can't keep going forever. If there's a guy at our pick that could be a dominate, mauling run blocker to slot into LG or C it would make perfect sense to grab them. Yanda retiring, or a single injury could destroy our interior line.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I kinda disagree. The biggest reason our line works is due to the scheme masking the weakness of some of the players. However, we still have a major weakness at LG, and Yanda can't keep going forever. If there's a guy at our pick that could be a dominate, mauling run blocker to slot into LG or C it would make perfect sense to grab them. Yanda retiring, or a single injury could destroy our interior line.

absolutely agree - an interior lineman would not only improve the OL but would also help maintain the high quality general play of the line for the next few years

we've seen what lamar can do when he's not under pressure even without great outside receiving talent so why not make sure he gets to keep that talent

if an IOL is available and best value when we pick in the first round then we take them and dont look back

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if there is someone that is dominant run blocker, he would be the right guard, in most cases. Bozeman has had major improvement over the season and if he wins the job next year, i'm comfortable with him starting. That being said, I'm hoping Powers has major improvement in year two and we draft a lineman this year in the 3rd/4th round. That being said, if he is bpa, I totally agree that we should draft him, but I doubt one will be bpa at that point in the draft.