• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

RG3 was rushed back onto the field long before he should have been by an incompetent team and an incompetent medical staff. That is what screwed up his career.

You could argue the same thing about Luck being mismanaged, the point is if you dont look after your QB all the potential in the world wont keep him in one piece. Lamar is no use to us on IR

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i guess my question to the floor at this point is...

who's our left guard?
2 out of the 3 games eluemunor started at LG for us and the only one he didnt was when he was unavailable and bozeman did it but there's no real indication that bozeman has won this job...

is it hurst? quietly having played most of the RG snaps in practices etc... are we just gonna move him back in and play the same OL as last year?

im literally floored

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Powers @rossihunter2 so we can complete the transformation to the Baltimore Sooners.

ive seen no indication that powers is ready given that the ravens havent let him face better competition - he's looked ok but he's faced hardly any decent level of competition (it sounds like including during joint practices etc.)

im flummoxed - the guy who's taken the most 1st team reps and the most high-level competition reps at the position is gone with only 2 weeks before the season - seems odd

redrum52

Hall of Famer
ive seen no indication that powers is ready given that the ravens havent let him face better competition - he's looked ok but he's faced hardly any decent level of competition (it sounds like including during joint practices etc.)

The team has been secretive as hell this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he's gotten reps in closed practices against our DL. One of the telling moves to me is that I've barely seen Willis, but would bet he makes the team.

Random thought... Saw a clip of I think the 4th preseason game from a few years back on reddit. In it was a clip of Pierce, Judon, Peanut and maybe someone else all playing deep in the game. Crazy how much late talent we've found on that side of the ball.

Any confirmation on what we get in return?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The team has been secretive as hell this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he's gotten reps in closed practices against our DL. One of the telling moves to me is that I've barely seen Willis, but would bet he makes the team.

Random thought... Saw a clip of I think the 4th preseason game from a few years back on reddit. In it was a clip of Pierce, Judon, Peanut and maybe someone else all playing deep in the game. Crazy how much late talent we've found on that side of the ball.

Any confirmation on what we get in return?

no confirmation yet - looks the cardinals got the pats 2020 6th rounder (what i thought we might have gotten - ive gotta think its more than a 7th given that i was expecting eluemunor to at least take lots of reps in the 4th preseason game but then again maybe EDC and co were just done with him and wanted basically anything in return to ship him off)

looks and sounds like Bozeman has taken all the post-Eluemunor being carted off snaps and then started week 3 and played most of the way through the game - if he starts tomorrow i think bozeman probably has won the job - im just not sure powers has seen enough competition

willis has been injured but also has been unimpressive - feels to me like a classic practice squad/cut candidate

it is cool how well we develop guys - that year tbf though (with judon, peanut and pierce) is expected tbh given that they would all have been late round/udfa rookies that offseason and so preseason 4 will have been a big opportunity for them to win snaps or win a roster spot - but yeah its cool that they're all now starters on the defence (and will have been for 2 years now)

miles boykin said something interesting in that regard in a presser this week: per Jamison Hensley on twitter...
During last preseason game, four Ravens rookies — Trace McSorley, Hollywood Brown, Justice Hill and Miles Boykin — looked at each other in the huddle. Boykin said, "Hopefully, five or six years from now, we’ll say this was the first game that we all played together."

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
no confirmation yet - looks the cardinals got the pats 2020 6th rounder (what i thought we might have gotten - ive gotta think its more than a 7th given that i was expecting eluemunor to at least take lots of reps in the 4th preseason game but then again maybe EDC and co were just done with him and wanted basically anything in return to ship him off)

looks and sounds like Bozeman has taken all the post-Eluemunor being carted off snaps and then started week 3 and played most of the way through the game - if he starts tomorrow i think bozeman probably has won the job - im just not sure powers has seen enough competition

willis has been injured but also has been unimpressive - feels to me like a classic practice squad/cut candidate

it is cool how well we develop guys - that year tbf though (with judon, peanut and pierce) is expected tbh given that they would all have been late round/udfa rookies that offseason and so preseason 4 will have been a big opportunity for them to win snaps or win a roster spot - but yeah its cool that they're all now starters on the defence (and will have been for 2 years now)

miles boykin said something interesting in that regard in a presser this week: per Jamison Hensley on twitter...
During last preseason game, four Ravens rookies — Trace McSorley, Hollywood Brown, Justice Hill and Miles Boykin — looked at each other in the huddle. Boykin said, "Hopefully, five or six years from now, we’ll say this was the first game that we all played together."
confirmed boykin wants mcsorley to start over lamar

Was shocked by the trade at first but thinking more, it actually makes sense. We all know no-one had grabbed the LG spot with both hands, so tricky cuts were coming. Might as well get some return if you can. Powers, Hurst and Bozeman were all still in the mix.

Eluemunor in year 3 isn't better than Hurst (as much as many don't like him), so the floor is no lower, we're just looking to Powers and Bozeman to offer a higher ceiling.