• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
43.7102° N, 7.2620° E
Nice-France.jpg

redrum52

Hall of Famer
https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/status/1191595824448495621

QB Hits Allowed Through Week 9:

OAK: 16
PIT: 23
BAL: 27
NO: 28
SF: 34
CLE, DET: 36
MIN: 37
DAL: 40
ARI, CHI: 41
LAR: 43
CAR, IND, JAX: 45
NE: 46
PHI: 47
DEN: 48
KC: 49
CIN, WAS: 50
GB, LAC: 51
BUF: 52
HOU: 55
ATL: 59
TB: 61
SEA, TEN: 62
NYJ: 69 (nice)
MIA, NYG: 73

RIP Russell next week vs Niners.

Remember when people said Russ was along for the ride now look at him. How can they surround him with that bullshit when they have so much damn money?

Anyway, real interested in how many of these hits are avoided due to Lamar being Lamar. Outside of that, they still seem to hold up well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/status/1191595824448495621

QB Hits Allowed Through Week 9:

OAK: 16
PIT: 23
BAL: 27
NO: 28
SF: 34
CLE, DET: 36
MIN: 37
DAL: 40
ARI, CHI: 41
LAR: 43
CAR, IND, JAX: 45
NE: 46
PHI: 47
DEN: 48
KC: 49
CIN, WAS: 50
GB, LAC: 51
BUF: 52
HOU: 55
ATL: 59
TB: 61
SEA, TEN: 62
NYJ: 69 (nice)
MIA, NYG: 73

RIP Russell next week vs Niners.

Raiders OL has let Derek Carr be in an armchair this year - he's played really well because of it

49ers defensive front is outrageous too - you're so right - russ will do well just to survive through this one

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Raiders OL has let Derek Carr be in an armchair this year - he's played really well because of it

49ers defensive front is outrageous too - you're so right - russ will do well just to survive through this one
You forgot to mention - it's more than obvious how Steelers O line is still allowed to hold all game every game :p

PTORaven

Practice Squad
hey all, first post here. i've been following Filmstudy's OL scoring all season (and for years past as well). at the start of the season I think we were all concerned about the OL, but it seems like Skura and Bozeman have been doing pretty well so far this season in terms of how they're grading out. Coming into the 2020 draft it looks like we'll be drafting somewhere between 25th and 32nd in the first round. by that point the top 3-4 pass rushers have already been taken, but you can still nab a top interior OLine C/G. i'm wondering if people still think this is a position of need up there with pass rush, or if the interior has improved to the point where pash rush is the clear primary need.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
hey all, first post here. i've been following Filmstudy's OL scoring all season (and for years past as well). at the start of the season I think we were all concerned about the OL, but it seems like Skura and Bozeman have been doing pretty well so far this season in terms of how they're grading out. Coming into the 2020 draft it looks like we'll be drafting somewhere between 25th and 32nd in the first round. by that point the top 3-4 pass rushers have already been taken, but you can still nab a top interior OLine C/G. i'm wondering if people still think this is a position of need up there with pass rush, or if the interior has improved to the point where pash rush is the clear primary need.
Welcome to the board PTO, glad to have you on board. Bozeman is very good at pulling, but he still is the weak link on the offensive line. That being said, it's his first year starting and I'm sure he can improve. That being said, I'd like to replace him if at all possible, but it's not our most important position of need. I'd rather have someone ready to replace Yanda when he decides to call it quits and Bozeman can't play right guard.

To answer your question, I'd rather have a linebacker in the 25-32 if an EDGE isn't available. An ILB or interior defender to replace Pierce, who will most likely be signing with another team in the offseason. This is also a tremendous WR draft class. Daniel Jeremiah feels it's the best draft class ever and I think it ranks up their with the 2014 draft class. Although I don't think they will take another WR in the first round, I'd like to come away with another WR to complement Hollywood and this isn't to say that I don't think Boykin can be a good receiver, because I do. We just need more pieces at WR, especially incase of injury.

If you want to talk about the NFL Draft, we have a separate forum for that also.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

welcome to the board...

i would still class them both as needs - obviously we've had some really encouraging line play but the weakest part of that line has been the LG and we have no idea how long marshal yanda will continue to play at right guard - on top of that matt skura is an unrestricted free agent after next season so all 3 of those pieces are unsecured - it would make sense to try and add a young(er) piece either through free agency (albeit i'm not a fan of shopping for OL in free agency) or through the draft with a day 1 or day 2 pick to try and add some young talent to the interior of the OL

that being said it's pretty clear that the position most in need of investment this offseason is an edge rusher (any pass rusher is a need but especially an EDGE) no matter what happens this offseason with regards to who we re-sign edge is going to be a huge need that we're going to need to attack in both free agency and the draft - we currently only have 2 edge defenders under contract for 2020: tyus bowser and jaylon ferguson and I'm not sure how likely it is we re-sign judon or mcphee

when we get to the draft however the biggest need won't make much difference to team strategy because need is only a tiny fraction of the way the draft board is put together by the ravens scouting department and front office - we will take the best player available wherever they may play (or we'll trade up or down to a spot where a player at a position of need is more likely to be the BPA)