• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

James Hurst is great insurance because it gives us a plug and play player along the whole line. If our center were to get hurt we can just move Bozeman over and put Hurst in at LG.

The problem I have with Hurst being on the team is there are a lot of average players on the free agent heap who are better and can cover multiple positions. Hurst isnt even a backup quality player, hes the worst player PFF has ever graded at LT and isnt much better at any other position which is why he couldnt hold down any spot. He also had the distinction of being lightest and slowest lineman in his draft class, his pro day was as bad as Terrence Codys and Cody was 60 lb heavier.

Ok I know Im ranting but its more a reflection of Harbaugh having a soft spot for players who work hard but are clearly not talented enough for this level.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We were mentioning Stanley. I still have that image of him running downfield with Lamar to run-block. That's almost equivalent to a soldier running full speed and side-by-side with the general in war.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
The problem I have with Hurst being on the team is there are a lot of average players on the free agent heap who are better and can cover multiple positions. Hurst isnt even a backup quality player, hes the worst player PFF has ever graded at LT and isnt much better at any other position which is why he couldnt hold down any spot. He also had the distinction of being lightest and slowest lineman in his draft class, his pro day was as bad as Terrence Codys and Cody was 60 lb heavier.

Ok I know Im ranting but its more a reflection of Harbaugh having a soft spot for players who work hard but are clearly not talented enough for this level.

Picking a player up off the street won't work because of our complex scheme. Familiarity with the playbook needs to be taken into account

Picking a player up off the street won't work because of our complex scheme. Familiarity with the playbook needs to be taken into account

I agree its too late now but hes been on the team for years, after the draft is when we should have brought in some free agents to compete at camp.

We were mentioning Stanley. I still have that image of him running downfield with Lamar to run-block. That's almost equivalent to a soldier running full speed and side-by-side with the general in war.

Ogden used to do that, sometimes you'd see him in the open field going stride for stride with Jamal Lewis

Charm City

Pro Bowler
That's what makes him a perfect LT for our system. He's big enough to handle the bull rush and fast enough to get into the second level and lead block

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't want to experience life without Yanda on this O line for a few more years. I see NO reason why he can't have a career as long as bruce matthews.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's also clawing his way back to his throne as best guard ( per PFF ) if he has 2 more games like the one he had yesterday he will rocket from 4 to 1.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't want to experience life without Yanda on this O line for a few more years. I see NO reason why he can't have a career as long as bruce matthews.
unfortunately I don't see him playing more than one more season, but having LJ on the team definitely help.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have him in our top 4. I simply feel Yanda has been more dominant in his position than suggs in his.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I think having Lamar show so much passion has energized him. There is something motivating about blocking for a player who cares so much about the team. That alone might delay his retirement

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We should start a Mt Rushmore thread and keep it at 4. Players only. Boy that would be tough.
Yep, because you have to include Flacco for that run in 2012/13 and a SB. Can the case be made for just HoF inductees?

Ogden, Lewis, Reed, Ozzie sounds pretty impressive.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yep, because you have to include Flacco for that run in 2012/13 and a SB. Can the case be made for just HoF inductees?

last night at the Ed Reed ceremony the speech made prior to Ed Reeds mentioned we had 5 of the bronze statues in the HOF. Who are the other two, not sure Ozzie's would be with the ravens considering he played with the browns.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

As much as I appreciate Flacco he ain't going nowhere close to my Mt Rushmore.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
last night at the Ed Reed HOF Ring Ceremony the speech made prior to Ed Reeds mentioned we had 5 of the bronze statues in the HOF. Who are the other two, not sure Ozzie's would be with the ravens considering he played with the browns.

Was Ozzie inducted twice? Can he be?