• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel a lot better about the OL going forward than the rest of the offense. Stanley-Lewis/Siragusa-Jensen-Yanda-Howard is frankly about as good of a line as you can ask for considering the salary cap and lack of a quality talent coming up from college. Im sure that there is going to be a lineman or two added next season, but as far as starters go, any upgrade would obviously be welcome, but the skill positions are a much more significant long-term problem.

Well that depends on whether we resign Jensen or not. We always up against the cap. Out of our ufa's he's the one I most want back. I'm very willing to let Hurst and Wallace walk.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Well that depends on whether we resign Jensen or not. We always up against the cap. Out of our ufa's he's the one I most want back. I'm very willing to let Hurst and Wallace walk.

I'm not worried about resigning Jensen- if the FO really wants to keep him (which I would assume they do), they will. The team lives at the edge of the salary cap, but that hasn't stopped them from giving big contracts before (Jefferson/BWill).

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

Hurst and Wallace can walk. I wasn't in favor of bringing Wallace back. One trick pony on wrong side of 30. Jensen could cost as much as $40 mil to bring back. Especially if he continues to adjust at center and impose his aggressive move you off the line style. Not many centers can move tackles off the ball alone. And Jensen is not athletic deficient. He can handle the penetrators as much as the big bods. But he is gonna cost. And front office has treated the offense like stepchildren. Without a return on the investment on the defensive players yet

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jensen is a nice piece in terms of versatility but no way do I advocate handing him a significant pay day. He has been beaten badly in several games this year and I see him as serviceable or average generally.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Jensen is a nice piece in terms of versatility but no way do I advocate handing him a significant pay day. He has been beaten badly in several games this year and I see him as serviceable or average generally.

How many games at center or starting. Only gonna get better

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hurst and Wallace can walk. I wasn't in favor of bringing Wallace back. One trick pony on wrong side of 30. Jensen could cost as much as $40 mil to bring back. Especially if he continues to adjust at center and impose his aggressive move you off the line style. Not many centers can move tackles off the ball alone. And Jensen is not athletic deficient. He can handle the penetrators as much as the big bods. But he is gonna cost. And front office has treated the offense like stepchildren. Without a return on the investment on the defensive players yet

I can definitely agree that he's gonna cost money since there's gonna be other teams fighting for his services and are willing to overpay and since we'll be tight against the cap we have to limit our choices and he would be my #1 target if not my only one. The longer he plays there the better he is gonna get and also Joe needs to be familiar with his center. His only liability which can be improved on is getting into pass protect against interior blitzes imo other than that he's a horse.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

If we want to stabilize this line it's not a good idea to let him walk but with him only starting one year and not yet playing at a Probowl level we might get lucky with affordability. I believe he's gonna get better with experience but a lot of GM's will be thinking that too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

How many games at center or starting. Only gonna get better

I agree with both of you. He has been beaten, but it doesn't help having two inconsistent guards next to you. Jensen will only get better from here on out, but we shouldn't break the bank to keep him here either.

Ravenbran

Practice Squad
I sure wished that he played against the Bears Sunday. Oh yea I remember he was in Flacco’s lap all afternoon that’s where I saw him.

Jensen had a down game, it could be due to the two bums lining up next to him but hes still a work in progress. You have to think he'd be doing better next to Lewis and Yanda. Im curious to see how this affects his market value.

I watched the game again and it basically confirmed everyones thoughts on the oline, Jensen was a bit better than I thought but still hit and miss, Hurst is absolute trash just slow and weak, Eluemenor had some issues but continues to show some real pop in his hands and leg drive.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I watched the game again and it basically confirmed everyones thoughts on the oline, Jensen was a bit better than I thought but still hit and miss, Hurst is absolute trash just slow and weak, Eluemenor had some issues but continues to show some real pop in his hands and leg drive.

eluemunor had a lot of mental errors that were costly though im afraid - he has promise but he's showing why no one expected / wanted him to play this year

eluemunor had a lot of mental errors that were costly though im afraid - he has promise but he's showing why no one expected / wanted him to play this year

I hope we continue to play him, he's got rare power and ability and the experience will only help him in his development. He gets comparisons to KO but I think he's more like Jason Brown.

Ravenbran

Practice Squad
I watched the game again and I saw what other people saw. Jensen was in Joes lap all day due to being bull rushed. Stanley held his own with a little help. Hurst did ok not great but ok. Eluemore didn’ t have a clue what was happening and had a whole lot of issues was manhandled. Howard had a good day. Got beat on the edges a little but otherwise a good day.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I watched the game again and I saw what other people saw. Jensen was in Joes lap all day due to being bull rushed. Stanley held his own with a little help. Hurst did ok not great but ok. Eluemore didn’ t have a clue what was happening and had a whole lot of issues was manhandled. Wallace had a good day. Got beat on the edges a little but otherwise a good day.
I’m sure you mean Howard