• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Running Game, The 4th Quarter and Everyone's Blood Pressure

I don't mean this to crap on Lamar as I stated is because of him we're winning.

BRISSETT
Attempts 22/27 Yards 258

Lamar 9/16 120

When you have Brissett, D Jones, M jones, All out playing Lamar there is something deeply wrong.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
They won the game. They finished.

But they did basically everything they could not to.

Again the 4th quarter was ugly. The defence regressed into the unit that got run over the first 2 drives. The offence became completely unable to put the game away either because of turnovers or not converting.

Lots of positives with the return of Bateman (although he really needs to get over these drops), Houston and Gus.

That penultimate offensive drive really looked like maybe we'd found some finish with that running game until Hill's fumble (on a great run before it). Offensive line was really leaning on that defence.

Pass rush looked much improved too.

A win is a win. Reinforcements maybe incoming for TNF.

I mean it was a great run but it would not have counted anyway because of the holding so either way it was a moot point.

Overall the defense was again okay but I am still VERY concerned about the offense.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This team is bad.

The run defense was garbage
Tackling was garbage
Oweh in particular is garbage
Stone came back down to earth after last weeks great game and played garbage

On defense Houston and Queen came to play and practically no one else did.

The offensive line either gives Lamar all day or precisely zero seconds.
No one WR or TE was open almost at all the entire game.
Lamar took sacks no other QB would because they wouldn't have no one open after 6 seconds of clean pocket.
Bateman with easy drops.
Hill with the worst timed fumble of all time
The line bright spot on offense being Gus being an absolute unit.

This team hasn't played good offense in 4 games. This team hasn't played good defense in any fourth quarter other than the Patriots game. The Browns are complete garbage and we played down to their level today. This team is not good.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don't mean this to crap on Lamar as I stated is because of him we're winning.

BRISSETT
Attempts 22/27 Yards 258

Lamar 9/16 120

When you have Brissett, D Jones, M jones, All out playing Lamar there is something deeply wrong.
Box score scouting isn't exactly the way to evaluate players.

I don't think Lamar was remotely a problem today.

Also, do you mean Mac Jones? In the game where Lamar threw four touchdowns and Mac Jones had three interceptions?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
This team is bad.

The run defense was garbage
Tackling was garbage
Oweh in particular is garbage
Stone came back down to earth after last weeks great game and played garbage

On defense Houston and Queen came to play and practically no one else did.

The offensive line either gives Lamar all day or precisely zero seconds.
No one WR or TE was open almost at all the entire game.
Lamar took sacks no other QB would because they wouldn't have no one open after 6 seconds of clean pocket.
Bateman with easy drops.
Hill with the worst timed fumble of all time
The line bright spot on offense being Gus being an absolute unit.

This team hasn't played good offense in 4 games. This team hasn't played good defense in any fourth quarter other than the Patriots game. The Browns are complete garbage and we played down to their level today. This team is not good.
We are not a good football team. Maybe we can adjust after the break but I dont see it. 8-9 or 9-8 team.

marklar

Pro Bowler
Gus & Tucker were great
The pass rush in the first half was good

The girl scout tackling in the 2nd half was disgraceful
The pass protection was bad and the passing offense did not exist. Andrews zero catches, and a total of 8 completions is as pathetic as it gets
The wobbler thrown to Oliver had INT written all over it, where did MVP Jackson go?

Box score scouting isn't exactly the way to evaluate players.

I don't think Lamar was remotely a problem today.
Oh yes he definitely was our whole pass game was an issue today though not just on him but he is the qb. But like my previous posts my main issue is with Gro and his playcalling that is holding Lamar back.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
We are fundamentally bad on defense.

Is it McDonald, I don't know but we can't stop any obvious plays. Defensive front cannot stop the rush, pass rush repeatedly misses by a step, corners leave WRs deep to safeties who never get there on time, it takes a gang to put the player down on every tackle....

Atrocious.
After last week, we stopped Barkley and did not seem to have that problem, maybe we can clean that up?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Well maybe that gets us into the playoffs but we will go nowhere.
The only way things change is of finally by years end when we can add back JK, Bowser, Ojabo, and Williams they get on a hot streak. But if nothing changes from today's general performance where the offense is so low octane and the defense capitulates every 4th quarter, you're a round 1 playoff exit.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Certainly his best game out of the last 4. He just wasn't particularly good either. At least a step in the right direction.
I don't think there was tons for him to do. He generally made the throws he needed to, but the line was bad and receivers just did not get open.

Of course, it was a 16 pass sample size. Hard to look great in that situation.