• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Running Game, The 4th Quarter and Everyone's Blood Pressure

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don't think there was tons for him to do. He generally made the throws he needed to, but the line was bad and receivers just did not get open.

Of course, it was a 16 pass sample size. Hard to look great in that situation.
You're exactly right. I was complaining all day in the game thread that even when Lamar had time to throw, there was no one open. Lamar did absolutely nothing to cost us the game today. He tried his absolute best but he was working with pretty much nothing.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Oh yes he definitely was our whole pass game was an issue today though not just on him but he is the qb. But like my previous posts my main issue is with Gro and his playcalling that is holding Lamar back.
I take far bigger issue with the offensive line and receivers than Lamar today.

Games like last week and you wanna blame Lamar? Sure. But Lamar was last in the list of concerns I had with the pass game today.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
You're exactly right. I was complaining all day in the game thread that even when Lamar had time to throw, there was no one open. Lamar did absolutely nothing to cost us the game today. He tried his absolute best but he was working with pretty much nothing.
Lamar wasn't the problem today. The pass protection was so bad today even Lamar couldn't wiggle out of the pocket. How many times was he sacked?

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
People are underestimating the division rival component too. It’s a good win, let’s win on Thursday, Bucs don’t look good at all

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I think this team is shaping up to be a 9-8 or 8-9 team. Brady will light this defense up .It will be embarrasing

Lamar will have to bring his A game to beat the Bucs .
I think 8-9 is more like it.
The only way things change is of finally by years end when we can add back JK, Bowser, Ojabo, and Williams they get on a hot streak. But if nothing changes from today's general performance where the offense is so low octane and the defense capitulates every 4th quarter, you're a round 1 playoff exit.
JK may return but I wouldn't expect him to be the JK of old at least not this year, if ever. I really hope we draft a RB in 2nd or 3rd round next year. It's a necessity for a running offense.