• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Brooks is a stubborn jackass. Don't listen to DJ too much and find myself asking why Mayock isn't on NFLN anymore. Some hated him, but I thought he did thorough research and actually put the work before making some hot take for views. One of the other people I actually take seriously is Louis Riddick. Only time I'll actually listen to someone on ESPN.
Mayock is too technical for someone who gets their sports media from a major tv outlet, those watchers wanna be spoonfed cliches and hot takes, nothing more.

Mayock talking about “bubble butt flat back pile driver” linemen will make the average NFLN watcher change the channel immediately

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Brooks is a stubborn jackass. Don't listen to DJ too much and find myself asking why Mayock isn't on NFLN anymore. Some hated him, but I thought he did thorough research and actually put the work before making some hot take for views. One of the other people I actually take seriously is Louis Riddick. Only time I'll actually listen to someone on ESPN.
Who said Mayock wasn’t on NFL Network anymore.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Mayock talking about “bubble butt flat back pile driver” linemen will make the average NFLN watcher change the channel immediately

Makes me want to change the channel. First of all sounds perverted af, like something you do to a girl during make up sex, second of all how can anyone take that terminology seriously

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Makes me want to change the channel. First of all sounds perverted af, like something you do to a girl during make up sex, second of all how can anyone take that terminology seriously
Lmfao but somehow I know exactly what he’s talking about when he says it

Tank

Hall of Famer
I love his takes on draft talent but his voice and ad lib terminology suck. Would much rather just read what he has to say. lol

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yep not surprised, my two brother in law's think Lamar is a bust and believe we will be trash if we trade Flacco and have Lamar as our starter. They are convinced he is just another Vince Young. I hope I get to have the last laugh!
They hate Tomlin and actually like Harbaugh. They think Harbaugh is all business and Tomlin lacks in discipline. They would take Harbaugh over Tomlin any day of the week and think we should keep him.
Just offering some perspective from here in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yep not surprised, my two brother in law's think Lamar is a bust and believe we will be trash if we trade Flacco and have Lamar as our starter. They are convinced he is just another Vince Young. I hope I get to have the last laugh!
They hate Tomlin and actually like Harbaugh. They think Harbaugh is all business and Tomlin lacks in discipline. They would take Harbaugh over Tomlin any day of the week and think we should keep him.
Just offering some perspective from here in Pittsburgh.
Of course Steeler fans would think that regarding Lamar. I also understand why they like Harbaugh. Hey, 31 teams and media love Harbaugh. It’s understandable why the Steelers hate Tomlin, because I’m sure he would get a job someplace else pretty quickly also.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Of course Steeler fans would think that regarding Lamar. I also understand why they like Harbaugh. Hey, 31 teams and media love Harbaugh. It’s understandable why the Steelers hate Tomlin, because I’m sure he would get a job someplace else pretty quickly also.
Shit man, pretty much everybody, including Ravens fans, thinks the same, apart from a portion of fans on this board.

Tank

Hall of Famer
That’s the point, every teams fans would think he is a good coach except for the team he is coaching
I think most Ravens fans think he is a good coach as well, but has been dealt some shitty hands personnel wise the past few years, especially on offense. Untimely injuries, crap receivers, some crap O linemen, crap early draft picks, etc.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think most Ravens fans think he is a good coach as well, but has been dealt some shitty hands personnel wise the past few years, especially on offense. Untimely injuries, crap receivers, some crap O linemen, crap early draft picks, etc.
He definitely has a hand in draft choices we made.
Also, you forgot to mention, he's been dealt a shit QB play last 3 years.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I rolled the dice on Mark Andrews in my FF league championship game this week. Knew it was only a matter of time before those deep shots to Andrews started connecting. Paid off nicely tonight!

These goddamn fumbles need to stop. Aside from that, the leash was loosened a little bit tonight; not as much as I had hoped, but the game script dictated things go this way. Easily the best performance I've seen from Lamar to date. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a force in this league. Well done Lamar, RBs and of course, defense was out of their minds tonight.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Btw, in my other FF league championship game, well, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words:

lamar.PNG