• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
How much does this offense put you I in the mind of what you witnessed with Griffin/Alfred Morris in their first year?
Griffin was a much more accurate passer, didn’t have the short area quickness and cutting ability of Lamar, but he was damn fast in straight line speed. This is a better offense and from memory Lamar gets hit a lot less than RG3 did back in 2012. Alfred Morris and RG3 strung together 7 straight before losing to the Seahawks. It should be noted thst RG3 missed the game after the Raven game, so he only played in 6 od the, due to the LCL sprain.

The similarities in the offense are definitely there, but RG3 didn’t go through his reads like LJ does. Not even close.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I've never wanted to see a game more where lamar shuts up jason whitlock.
Whitlock is lamars biggest hater, he even changed cowturds tune, but Whitlock keeps on with the same bullshit, saying things that are just flat out false, that he’s afraid to hang around in the pocket and make throws, that he needs to stop taking so many hits, etc.

.... my dude you’re obviously not watching, it’s so clear to anyone who’s seen lamar play. He stick in the pocket and wants to throw even after scrambling, and the dude has taken very few big hits, he’s exposed himself to hits, but as far as taking a big blow that can injure him, not many at all, his only injuries came as a kick in the face from a teammate, a sack in the pocket, and he felt a little sore when he gave himself up after a run and a defender jumped on him while he was on the ground. Lol he hasn’t gotten hurt except when he does these things that the analysts are begging him to do. Whitlock flat out doesn’t want lamar to do well and he hopes he gets hurt so he can say I told ya so

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know. Lamar does infuriate me at times with the fumbles and i do feel he is an accident waiting to happen but to see his energy compared to that zombie, Joe, is so refreshing.

If we dedicate substantial resources to our LG and C position next year..LOOK out

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I said he seems dumb as bricks, because well, he seems dumb as bricks. Think of it like the dumb rednecks who can tear down and rebuild a motor in a day. Just because a Spaghetti-O eating twat like Cleetus shows an inclination towards working on a complex system like an engine, it doesn't mean he has an IQ above room temperature. Much like some of the Lamar fellaters I know who get their feelings hurt if someone says anything remotely disparaging about him. So you'll have to excuse me if I really don't give a shit if you like it or not. This isn't an echo chamber or group think where we must all conform and have the same lame opinions.

lol if you say so.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar has a challenge ahead of him that is for sure. Hopefully, he and the Ravens can overcome it and get that "W". Per text:

Jackson has played a handful of the worst defenses in the NFL, a near-perfect initiation for the No. 32 overall pick. That fortuitous streak ends Saturday night, when Jackson faces the Los Angeles Chargers and his first top-10 defense.

"I feel like that's going to be the fastest team we face all season," Jackson said. "All 11 to the ball at all times. They're flying around, making plays [and] making turnovers. They're a good defense."

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-...WMMyRpw-v582oOd-_Xzbh3hPMf4jeYSDio7sC7SGnRnL4

It is going to be interesting to watch. If he plays like he did against the Chiefs it is going to be fun.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm hoping michael pierce can have his best game of the season. If pierce can sack rivers say 2 times ( i know it's not easy) and put that weight on top of him i doubt he'll be right for the rest of the game.

1st round tender on pierce btw? I think so.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm hoping michael pierce can have his best game of the season. If pierce can sack rivers say 2 times ( i know it's not easy) and put that weight on top of him i doubt he'll be right for the rest of the game.

Pierce has been a beast this season. He deserves the money that B-Will got...

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
It is going to be interesting to watch. If he plays like he did against the Chiefs it is going to be fun.

I want Lamar to play well and look good while doing it.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

Pressure up the middle will be key this game. Wish we had Henry and Pierce. LAC is weak in the middle of the OL so if there’s one area we can get him it should be there. If we can flush him out of the pocket from there into the arms of Smith or Suggs or Judon then great. It all starts in the middle though.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is why tim williams issues are a real shame. Okung does well against guys like suggs/judon/smith. He struggles with the tim williams type

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Do you know what I like about Lamar? He seems calm, cool and collected, even when things go wrong. I've always loved that about Joe even though so many held that very trait against him, repeatedly. I don't want a hot head who gets upset when things don't go his way. Yeah some call it "passion" well you can have inner passion and still remain calm. I absolutely love that I'm seeing that in Lamar already.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've never wanted to see a game more where lamar shuts up jason whitlock.
you can also add Charley Casserly. I've never thought a former GM could be that stupid. I kind of understand why the media wants to see players fail or bust, but a former executive predicting a players downfall is disgusting.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Do you know what I like about @OriolesMagicPlease ? She seems calm, cool and collected, even when things go wrong. I've always loved that about Joe even though so many held that very trait against him, repeatedly. I don't want a hot head who gets upset when things don't go his way. Yeah some call it "passion" well you can have inner passion and still remain calm. I absolutely love that I'm seeing that in @OriolesMagicPlease already.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
you can also add Charley Casserly. I've never thought a former GM could be that stupid. I kind of understand why the media wants to see players fail or bust, but a former executive predicting a players downfall is disgusting.

casserly is well respected but there's a reason he's not a GM or in front offices or even in attached to any NFL teams anymore

in the same way that bucky isnt a scout (and doesnt get offers to be a scout) and unlike DJ who gets offers to be a front office exec still

i think its also just stubbornness - he came out in the pre-draft process and said Vick was a better pocket passer than lamar coming out and that's disputed by most including Vick himself - i think he's just defending the position he held pre-draft

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
casserly is well respected but there's a reason he's not a GM or in front offices or even in attached to any NFL teams anymore

in the same way that bucky isnt a scout (and doesnt get offers to be a scout) and unlike DJ who gets offers to be a front office exec still

i think its also just stubbornness - he came out in the pre-draft process and said Vick was a better pocket passer than lamar coming out and that's disputed by most including Vick himself - i think he's just defending the position he held pre-draft
Casserly was an absolutely terrible GM with early round pics. Think Michael Westbrook, Heath Shuler and and other early picks that never had a down for the skins in the nfl. He was ok with mid round picks and plan b free agency (before actual free agency began)

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Brooks is a stubborn jackass. Don't listen to DJ too much and find myself asking why Mayock isn't on NFLN anymore. Some hated him, but I thought he did thorough research and actually put the work before making some hot take for views. One of the other people I actually take seriously is Louis Riddick. Only time I'll actually listen to someone on ESPN.