• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
While I think some may be locked in on their hate for Marty and are going to blast every play that has a bad outcome, the 2 plays that made me fume were the Maxx run at the goal and the 3rd and 5 pitch play that nearly cost us the game.

If you are going to refuse to put the ball in the air inside the 10, it can only be for 2 reasons: You have been watching your RBs gash the opponent all the way down the field and are ready to just let them finish the deal and/or you are afraid to put the ball in the hand of your rookie to make a throw.

I certainly hope the reason is not the latter, but then why hand the ball to a TE on a trick? We haven't needed tricks to get to the 3, just pound it in then. But the 3rd and 5 smacks of being scared of your QB making a bad throw and turning it over. Well guess what, we damn near turned it over anyway and that play was dead from the jump.

If we want to get anywhere from here, that shit has to stop. Give the kid a little more rope for god sake. If it fails, so be it, but we have to stop playing 2nd half offense to not lose.

The pitch play was the dumbest call of the game and we're lucky that it only resulted in a loss of yards. Let Lamar throw the ball over the middle in that situation, as he's proved he can do it well, and we probably get a first down to ice the game. It's time to stop "babying" him and let him throw the rock in those crucial situations. Sure, he MIGHT fuck up, but he also might win us the damn game as he's already shown that the pressure isn't going to get to him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
While I think some may be locked in on their hate for Marty and are going to blast every play that has a bad outcome, the 2 plays that made me fume were the Maxx run at the goal and the 3rd and 5 pitch play that nearly cost us the game.

If you are going to refuse to put the ball in the air inside the 10, it can only be for 2 reasons: You have been watching your RBs gash the opponent all the way down the field and are ready to just let them finish the deal and/or you are afraid to put the ball in the hand of your rookie to make a throw.

I certainly hope the reason is not the latter, but then why hand the ball to a TE on a trick? We haven't needed tricks to get to the 3, just pound it in then. But the 3rd and 5 smacks of being scared of your QB making a bad throw and turning it over. Well guess what, we damn near turned it over anyway and that play was dead from the jump.

If we want to get anywhere from here, that shit has to stop. Give the kid a little more rope for god sake. If it fails, so be it, but we have to stop playing 2nd half offense to not lose.

We’re not gonna win with play calling like that so we might as well go and let him try and win the game through the air because that conservative playcalling will potentially lose us a game at some point

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If this ain't a dope picture of Lamar, I don't know what is.

DvtOhUZWkAAiUp_.jpg:large

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We’re not gonna win with play calling like that so we might as well go and let him try and win the game through the air because that conservative playcalling will potentially lose us a game at some point
We have to stop thinking that running the clock as low as possible will work, and start putting ourselves in a position to burn it all the way. One first down, and games over, 3 runs and no first down and we’ve burned just enough time to let the opponent run the clock and beat us. That’s the annoying part, it’s just too much time left for us to burn 3 snaps of play clock and punt.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have to stop thinking that running the clock as low as possible will work, and start putting ourselves in a position to burn it all the way. One first down, and games over, 3 runs and no first down and we’ve burned just enough time to let the opponent run the clock and beat us. That’s the annoying part, it’s just too much time left for us to burn 3 snaps of play clock and punt.

The offense is bad and the defense is amazing... gotta trust your strength to win you the game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The offense is bad and the defense is amazing... gotta trust your strength to win you the game
But this goes beyond that, one pass completion of 10 yards and game is over, run it and fall short: defense goes on the field and there’s too much time left so you’re making 4 stops regardless, pass it and it falls incomplete: same exact scenario.

I’m saying we act as if we’ve burned off enough time to decide a game, when in reality the defense was always gonna need 4 stops there. Keeping the clock running for one extra snap doesn’t decide the game, but converting will.

It’s just way too cautious and honestly not smart, if it was inside the 2 minute before we took that 3rd down snap then yeah force a timeout maybe.

Dude I can not wait to see how much he progresses in the offseason. If he develops as a passer and we address our top needs, we could be a force in both this division and the AFC overall.
He's been progressing game to game, so I can't wait to see how he progresses in the post-season!

Note to Marty: Deion was asked if he thought the Ravens could make a Super Bowl run. His response:

"Give him a few more plays in the passing game, because he can handle it. Because this kid has a command on this game. His teammates believe in him and these guys can go man, these guys can go."

Shannon didn't think we could make a Super Bowl run: "I haven't seen him be proficient enough in the passing game to put them over the top"

You haven't seen him, because we haven't let him. I understand we have to play to his strength and we don't want to air it out, but as Deion suggests - just open it up by giving him a few more plays.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lamar Jackson has his limitations.

He is slightly slower than a speeding bullet. He is unable to leap tall buildings at a single bound
. He fumbles too frequently, and his powerful throwing arm is imprecise by NFL standards.

But any assessment of the Baltimore Ravens rookie quarterback should begin with his 6-1 record as a starter and the division title his team won on Sunday. The last of five quarterbacks to be selected in the first round of the NFL draft last spring, Jackson is the only one of them who is advancing to the playoffs.

Sunday against the Los Angeles Chargers, Jackson, 21, will also become the youngest starting quarterback in the league’s postseason history.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...fl-rookie-season-baltimore-ravens/2448972002/

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The Chargers may have the experience of playing us once already, but that was at their house on weird field conditions after they had a long rest. However, they couldn’t beat us then, now they fly east to colder weather to face us at home on our better field at 1pm this Sunday with each team having the same amount of rest....so now try to beat us again! They are a good team, but if I was Chargers fan, given the above scenario, I would be nervous as hell.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The Chargers may have the experience of playing us once already, but that was at their house on weird field conditions after they had a long rest. However, they couldn’t beat us then, now they fly east to colder weather to face us at home on our better field at 1pm this Sunday with each team having the same amount of rest....so now try to beat us again! They are a good team, but if I was Chargers fan, given the above scenario, I would be nervous as hell.
ravens fans should be nervous too.. tbh i think chargers take this one. Especially if our offense look how it did last time we played them