• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Nick foles is going to take the wind out of the sails of a Flacco trade. He’s been better recently and younger.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't say that with any amount of confidence. Far more polished rookie passers were never able to make the transition.
Bad choice of word - I will be worried until it comes but I actually am confident it will. These 8 games have been the best school Lamar could ever hope for, knows exactly what to expect now. Hopefully we get OC who can open the game for him, too.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don’t see how you bring Flacco in when the entire offense is catered around Lamar. You live and die with him. It’s a growing pain. What makes anyone think that shit-head Marty is going to call a better game for Flacco when he hasn’t played in what, 8 or 9 games? If we had McVay or Sean Payton, then sure, put in Flacco because those two and others can adjust.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't say that with any amount of confidence. Far more polished rookie passers were never able to make the transition.
I’d feel a lot better about him improving if he didn’t have such an odd grip and throwing motion.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lamar can't even carry the ball to a RB without fumbling, much less carrying this team on his back to a SB like Flacco did, not to mention countless other occasions. Cry about 'apologists' all you want, Lamar was trash today and LAC exposed him. Unless he learns how to play QB, those Tebow comparisons are going to becoming scarily accurate very quickly.
That isn't what any of us here wants, but that is the very real reality that we are facing. Warm wishes and hopes and dreams aren't going to change that reality.
I think the Tebow comparisons are a bit harsh and overly harsh at that. He had a couple of money throws until the fourth quarter. But yeah, he played like crap. He needs to develop more, and that is to be forseen.

But none of that is going to matter with Harbaugh and Marty here. That is for damn certain.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lamar can't even carry the ball to a RB without fumbling, much less carrying this team on his back to a SB like Flacco did, not to mention countless other occasions. Cry about 'apologists' all you want, Lamar was trash today and LAC exposed him. Unless he learns how to play QB, those Tebow comparisons are going to becoming scarily accurate very quickly.
That isn't what any of us here wants, but that is the very real reality that we are facing. Warm wishes and hopes and dreams aren't going to change that reality.
I have faith in him. He’s young, hungry, confident and has a lot of potential. Not only that, but he was a huge reason why we even made to the tournament.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don't think it would be too difficult to dial up a few passing plays for a QB who has led this offense for nearly 12 years.
Not with Marty calling the plays. Dude is a fucking idiot

flynismo

Practice Squad
I think the Tebow comparisons are a bit harsh and overly harsh at that. He had a couple of money throws until the fourth quarter. But yeah, he played like crap. He needs to develop more, and that is to be forseen.

But none of that is going to matter with Harbaugh and Marty here. That is for damn certain.

He's obviously more physically gifted than Tebow. But the Tebow comparisons are just a way of saying Lamar is a successful college QB who'll never make it in the NFL, a la Tebow.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Market is not that big either. I don't see why would Giants trade - it's questionable whether Joe would be improvement over Eli.
I mean, I haven’t liked Joe since 2015, but he HAS to be better than Eli lol

flynismo

Practice Squad
Not with Marty calling the plays. Dude is a fucking idiot
Well, I can't argue with that. Come to think of it, the passes he would have dialed up would have been 3 yard check downs to Dixon. Goddamn I forgot how stupid he is.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well, I can't argue with that. Come to think of it, the passes he would have dialed up would have been 3 yard check downs to Dixon. Goddamn I forgot how stupid he is.
See, we can agree on something. I knew we had it in us

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He's obviously more physically gifted than Tebow. But the Tebow comparisons are just a way of saying Lamar is a successful college QB who'll never make it in the NFL, a la Tebow.
I think the first step, other than getting a C and a LG so lamar at least has a fighting chance, is not running an offense that is a total gimmick.

Ravens fans gave Brett Kollman a lot of crap, but he was right. I knew he was. And going against a great DC like Bradley was going to expose us.

Let's see if he can run a real offense. I do think Lamar is going to be fine moving forward though I can be wrong.