• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

flynismo

Practice Squad
I think the first step, other than getting a C and a LG so lamar at least has a fighting chance, is not running an offense that is a total gimmick.

Ravens fans gave Brett Kollman a lot of crap, but he was right. I knew he was. And going against a great DC like Bradley was going to expose us.

Let's see if he can run a real offense. I do think Lamar is going to be fine moving forward though I can be wrong.

Come on Dave, all these years later and you still think our front office is going to do right by the guy they deem their franchise QB?
Lamar will be lucky to get Dez Bryant and a pat on the back this off season.

Even if we actually did get him a couple OL, a real #1 and a real OC, I'm still very skeptical of whether he'll ever be able to be an effective passer. He'll never be Flacco in his prime, that's for sure.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Come on Dave, all these years later and you still think our front office is going to do right by the guy they deem their franchise QB?

Even if we actually did get him a couple OL, a real #1 and a real OC, I'm still very skeptical of whether he'll ever be able to be an effective passer. He'll never be Flacco in his prime, that's for sure.
im gonna give him one more season.. if he is still throwing passes in the dirt next yr, its over... i hope the media tear his ass apart, it may work for motivation

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Yeah, Flacco in his prime was elite.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just want to know why we did not bring Flacco out to open the second half.

Just like a few years ago with the wildcat nonsense going on around the league, the jig is up on Lamar. Teams now know how to shut him down, so until (if) he ever learns how to play QB and throw the ball, he is nowhere near ready for the big time.
Supposedly the fans were calling for Flacco and Jimmy Smith walked up to them and said, he’s the reason we got to the playoffs, don’t be fairweather fans.

I’m glad we stuck with Lamar. Win or lose it was a fun season.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

As skeptical as I am of DeCosta I am going to give him at least a chance....

It should be a short leash. But a leash nonetheless.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Supposedly the fans were calling for Flacco and Jimmy Smith walked up to them and said, he’s the reason we got to the playoffs, don’t be fairweather fans.

I’m glad we stuck with Lamar. Win or lose it was a fun season.

I wonder if the guy who spent his year's savings to support this team would have been a fairweather fan if Flacco came in and won the game for us. If Jimmy really said that, he can kiss my ass.
This defense is why we got to the playoffs. But Lamar absolutely gets a lot of credit for helping the defense stay fresh so that they can play to their potential.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I almost wonder if we didn’t put Joe in the game because the OL was obviously shit and if we put him in there and he blows a knee or something then we have significant cap situation next year and lose our ability to trade him. Conspiracy theory perhaps, but I guarantee you that had to be a consideration. The likelihood of injury is there and nobody wants that neither Joe nor the team. The OL was bad today guys and I am surprised Jackson didn’t get hurt. I’m grateful we came away mostly clean and without injuries.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Thank god it’s not up to you
It should be a short leash. If it's more of the same why bother? It's not a debate to me. If DeCosta is Ozzie 2.0 or worse than what we've had since 2013 and he shows this after two years someone needs to go.

I don't think Ozzie has been the problem. Harbaugh keeps bums like Hurst and Skura around.

But as long as we continue to neglect the oline, and offense, especially now that we have a younger QB I am going to remain skeptical. We have done better since 2016 rebuilding but we've beaten a total of one good team since 2015. Things need to change. If anything we are idiots if we don't get rid of Harbaugh or Marty. I don't care if he's a good leader. He keeps liabilities around and does not know when to quit on players. The NFL is a business of winning and we haven't won a playoff game in four years. Something has got to give.

This team as a whole needs to stop being so lenient with mediocrity. That's what we have been since 2015. That's not an opinion, that is a fact.

If @flynismo is correct and we neglect Lamar like we did with Flacco, DeCosta needs to leave. Developing that QB has become this team's top priority so we can win games. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. The first step should be getting rid of Marty so we can get a real offense in, but we all know it won't happen.

Decosta is getting a short leash in my eyes. After 3 years if we don't improve the team for Lamar he needs to leave.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I almost wonder if we didn’t put Joe in the game because the OL was obviously shit and if we put him in there and he blows a knee or something then we have significant cap situation next year and lose our ability to trade him. Conspiracy theory perhaps, but I guarantee you that had to be a consideration. The likelihood of injury is there and nobody wants that neither Joe nor the team. The OL was bad today guys and I am surprised Jackson didn’t get hurt. I’m grateful we came away mostly clean and without injuries.
Good point, but if the coaches were more scared of that than winning the game, I really want them gone.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wonder if the guy who spent his year's savings to support this team would have been a fairweather fan if Flacco came in and won the game for us. If Jimmy really said that, he can kiss my ass.
This defense is why we got to the playoffs. But Lamar absolutely gets a lot of credit for helping the defense stay fresh so that they can play to their potential.
You can wonder all you want - Flacco would not have won us this game.
He also is the major reason why Lamar got a shot and saved our season to put us in wild card weekend. As a rookie he had to play 7 playoff games just to get us to this point, after Flacco/Harbaugh/Marty led us to the edge of a deep hole.

flynismo

Practice Squad
He also is the major reason why Lamar got a shot and saved our season to put us in wild card weekend. As a rookie he had to play 7 playoff games just to get us to this point, after Flacco/Harbaugh/Marty led us to the edge of a deep hole.

Way to miss the point and go on a completely irrelevant tangent.
But yeah, I know it is completely unthinkable that Flacco morphs into a shit kicking monster in the postseason and do the unthinkable. That would never happen.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It should be a short leash. If it's more of the same why bother? It's not a debate to me. If DeCosta is Ozzie 2.0 or worse than what we've had since 2013 and he shows this after two years someone needs to go.

I don't think Ozzie has been the problem. Harbaugh keeps bums like Hurst and Skura around.

But as long as we continue to neglect the oline, and offense, especially now that we have a younger QB I am going to remain skeptical. We have done better since 2016 rebuilding but we've beaten a total of one good team since 2015. Things need to change. If anything we are idiots if we don't get rid of Harbaugh or Marty. I don't care if he's a good leader. He keeps liabilities around and does not know when to quit on players. The NFL is a business of winning and we haven't won a playoff game in four years. Something has got to give.

This team as a whole needs to stop being so lenient with mediocrity. That's what we have been since 2015. That's not an opinion, that is a fact.

If @flynismo is correct and we neglect Lamar like we did with Flacco, DeCosta needs to leave. Developing that QB has become this team's top priority so we can win games. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. The first step should be getting rid of Marty so we can get a real offense in, but we all know it won't happen.

Decosta is getting a short leash in my eyes. After 3 years if we don't improve the team for Lamar he needs to leave.
You can’t do that with a GM. They need some time to do things their way. Look at the Colts and Ballard. That didn’t happen in his first year.

Good point, but if the coaches were more scared of that than winning the game, I really want them gone.
I’m not sure it was a coaching decision as much as it would be a front office decision. Joe would play if needed and that’s why he was backup, but I don’t think we wanted to play him unless absolutely necessary

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Way to miss the point and go on a completely irrelevant tangent.
But yeah, I know it is completely unthinkable that Flacco morphs into a shit kicking monster in the postseason and do the unthinkable. That would never happen.
5 years ago with Garry Kubiak offense, yep.
And how is "if Flacco won a game" relevant?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Absolutely, and if Marty would have not had us running up the middle 95 percent of the time, we could have possibly won with Lamar until we got down three scores in the fourth. Even I knew it was going to take a miracle then.