• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

While he claimed to have inside info I don’t recall Winchester ever making any racially inflammatory or vulgar comments.
Yeah - again, I had no reason to believe the guy I'm talking about was Winchester and as far as I could tell he was a blip on the boards - but I just never had a guy really butt heads with me like he did. He wasn't saying anything really racially inflammatory - just claimed that the Ravens locker room had a rift along racial lines, which of course made no sense. I just told him to cut the shit unless he could come up with a reputable outlet that had something that could remotely support his claim. He went on about some anonymous inside source he had and I told him that was great and all, but that doesn't cut it. He spewed profanity at me and put him on notice and didn't have to worry about suspension cause I never saw him again. Absolutely no recollection of his handle.

Only brought it up because it was the closest I got to banning someone from that board.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
that sounds a lot like Winchester, if you ask me. He did have another name prior to Winchester as well. If it's not him, it sounds to be very similar to him.
he was pirate88, purplehorseman, then Winchester. And yeah he could be a real pain in the ass but he wasn’t the worst, for all the lies and nerd virgin bullshit he could at least be cool and civil at times and did try to get along with folks, he just always resorted to the same antics every time someone disagreed with him beyond a mild level lol. the absolute worst I ever saw on the boards was Danny D. My god, his Shakespeare quotes and Latin and artesian coffee obsession was the most unbearable shit I’ve ever seen.

Come to think about it... we’ve had some damn characters on our tiny little forum

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he was pirate88, purplehorseman, then Winchester. And yeah he could be a real pain in the ass but he wasn’t the worst, for all the lies and nerd virgin bullshit he could at least be cool and civil at times and did try to get along with folks, he just always resorted to the same antics every time someone disagreed with him beyond a mild level lol. the absolute worst I ever saw on the boards was Danny D. My god, his Shakespeare quotes and Latin and artesian coffee obsession was the most unbearable shit I’ve ever seen.

Come to think about it... we’ve had some damn characters on our tiny little forum
I remember as far back as purplehorseman. That's about as far back as I go. I ended up finding the boards in November of 2014.

D1City55

Pro Bowler

I remember a guy named Wizard who I still believe is an under cover Steelers fan. He seemed to cheer for our downfall.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I remember as far back as purplehorseman. That's about as far back as I go. I ended up finding the boards in November of 2014.
Funny because I feel like I recall pirate88 being his name in 2016. If I’m not mistaken that’s the name he had when he was bitching about Stanley not being the alpha male that tunsil is, thus birthing the alpha male memes that last to this day(the quick twitch muscle meme was a result of Winchester too lmao)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Funny because I feel like I recall pirate88 being his name in 2016. If I’m not mistaken that’s the name he had when he was bitching about Stanley not being the alpha male that tunsil is, thus birthing the alpha male memes that last to this day(the quick twitch muscle meme was a result of Winchester too lmao)
you remember well
Later we figured it's winchester when he started using 'alfa male' term

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
hmmm, maybe I just don't remember the name.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
While I was truly heartbroken to see the Ravens boards demise, despite all the myriad pleas by forum members, I am stoked that you young people gave birth to this baby! This baby is one wise infant.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
there were other teams he used as sledgehammer he used as winchester as well and I'm sure the same as pirate88 and purplehorseman
I think purplehorseman was the last version on the old board, because he was around when I officially joined in 2017.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think purplehorseman was the last version on the old board, because he was around when I officially joined in 2017.
you must have joined right before the boards shut down (after the draft) in 2017

Correction:
It was Winchester in 2016 and 17.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
you must have joined right before the boards shut down (after the draft) in 2017
I did. I started reading the comments on the news stories around 2013 or 2014, before discovering the forum part. I got hooked on reading the discussions, but was hesitant to join. I finally decided to make an account after they announced they were shutting it down.

Whoa - you know pirate88 rings a bell. That may be the one I have been referring to.

Tank

Hall of Famer
All of this talk of the old boards made me recall a crossbow.......some things you just can’t unsee. uggghhhh.