• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

"Also, the MJ comparison to anyone alive right now is not legitimate. Even Lamar. IMO.
Thank goodness you made it your opinion only. I beg to disagree. I am old enough now to have seen MJ's evolution as a BB player from the time he was in UNC to the Bulls to the Wizards and I've had the good fortune to see him live. Nobody in the sports world short of maybe Tiger Woods captured my imagination like MJ did. He was electric, charismatic but most importantly a winner and other worldly talent. Nobody could do what MJ could.

Fast forward past the Kobe and LeBron eras (no they couldn't touch MJ) to the Lamar Jackson era. I promise you this kid elicits the same kind of reaction and awe that MJ did at least for me. His talents were other worldly and beyond anything seen before. Check. He was a winner. Check. His charisma and watchability were off the charts. Check. The only check missing is multiple championships and I'm sure he'll check that box too soon enough. So my friend @SaltyDog I beg to differ with a vehemence rarely seen in mankind. LJ is the newest iteration of MJ.

I can agree with everything you said here. LJ IS the latest iteration of MJ. He is having an impact on his game like no one else has had since MJ. Both great athletes, both have great instincts, both great leaders, and both very likable personalities, But the difference is that MJ is a legend, a sports icon who played for 15 years and won 6 championships. LJ has the POTENTIAL to have that same kind of impact on the sports world, but his story is just beginning to be written. So I guess what I’m saying is that yes, they have very similar characteristics, but their bodies of work do not compare YET.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lamar's season:

upload_2019-12-31_6-0-35.png

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can agree with everything you said here. LJ IS the latest iteration of MJ. He is having an impact on his game like no one else has had since MJ. Both great athletes, both have great instincts, both great leaders, and both very likable personalities, But the difference is that MJ is a legend, a sports icon who played for 15 years and won 6 championships. LJ has the POTENTIAL to have that same kind of impact on the sports world, but his story is just beginning to be written. So I guess what I’m saying is that yes, they have very similar characteristics, but their bodies of work do not compare YET.
We're both sailing on the same merry boat to lala land @SaltyDog! Lamar will steer us to where MJ resides....

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mark Andrews joins Golic and Wingo

...game slowing down for LJ

Imagine him when the game has totally slowed down! Keep in mind that the most devastating QB that was adept at carving out defenses thew for 20 ints in his first year as starter and potentially close to a hundred in the next several years. Lamar will get to Peyton's stratosphere much sooner and with far less collateral damage imo. Also, he compares favorably to insane passing like Rodgers and Mahomes already. Give him a couple of years to transcend that as well. Finally, Barry Sanderesque running abilities will unfold to highlight reels after highlight reels over the next several years. His body of work will be a compiler's dream to put together. In short what I'm saying is Lamar Jackson has the potential to go down as the greatest football player of all time before he signs off and fades into folk lore.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Send this stat to Collinsworth and his team of statistical misfits at PFF please!!!!! Perhaps he'll get off the Lamar hate bandwagon and off the Wilson MVP bandwagon!

Also send an statistician with this data to Colin Blowhard because I doubt he understands just the data without the hate clouding it. So the statistician simply to explain how irrational and idiotic he really is.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Send this stat to Collinsworth and his team of statistical misfits at PFF please!!!!! Perhaps he'll get off the Lamar hate bandwagon and off the Wilson MVP bandwagon!

Also send an statistician with this data to Colin Blowhard because I doubt he understands just the data without the hate clouding it. So the statistician simply to explain how irrational and idiotic he really is.
You understand this is not possible before the subject is helped by a shrink?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Colin Cowturd is on the LJ bandwagon and admitted his mistake. I haven't heard him change his mind.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He is a punk ass [profanity deleted] who only thinks he's on a bandwagon.
Not allowed, can go fuck himself.
I agree with that and stopped clicking on his links up until this year because of how he was with Sean Taylor back in 2007 after the man had died. He hadn't done his research at all and it was obvious.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I agree with that and stopped clicking on his links up until this year because of how he was with Sean Taylor back in 2007 after the man had died. He hadn't done his research at all and it was obvious.
He is still bringing idiots like Gottlieb to say what he really thinks.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Colin Cowturd is on the LJ bandwagon and admitted his mistake. I haven't heard him change his mind.
And yet that Cowturd invites renowned Lamar haters on his show and gives them a TV audience and allowing them to continue the hate campaign without trying to stop them or correct them. I can't immediately recall that guy's name though...

I’m noticing a trend with Clemson fans stalking Lamar media. they seem butthurt over his success. Came across an ESPN interview of Mandrews this morning where they discuss Lamar and one of the five comments is asking why they aren’t talking about “Trevor Lawrence, the Michael Jordan of college football”. This is in an NFL segment where they’re discussing super bowl runs, contract extensions, player improvement and other big boy subjects. Certainly not the first time I’ve seen it either.
Probably pissed that Lamar got the Heisman over Watson and that Lamar is getting more love than Watson now in the NFL