• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
https://amp.www.complex.com/sports/...nion-letter-shaming-lamar-jackson-rolex-gifts

Some woman wrote an editorial in the Sun whining about how Lamar should have donated money to charity on behalf of the linemen for whom he bought Rolex watches as gifts.

The natives have the torches and pitchforks out. Heaven help her if anyone finds out where she lives or they may donate her home to the Baltimore City Fire Department lol.

Why the fuck does she need to worry about what other people do with their own money? Did she check how much has Lamar donated already?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
https://amp.www.complex.com/sports/...nion-letter-shaming-lamar-jackson-rolex-gifts

Some woman wrote an editorial in the Sun whining about how Lamar should have donated money to charity on behalf of the linemen for whom he bought Rolex watches as gifts.

The natives have the torches and pitchforks out. Heaven help her if anyone finds out where she lives or they may donate her home to the Baltimore City Fire Department lol.
Ask her to go find some other benefactor! Leave Lamar the fuck alone.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone see the columns about Jalen Hurts suggesting the ravens draft him and have two guys in the backfield with similar skill sets? All that tells me is that people still do not understand what Lamar Jackson is. There’s this narrative thread that seems to suggest any “athletic” QB can do what Lamar does and that nefarious forces have been the only thing preventing them from doing so in the past. It’s rather insane. The article I read called Jalen Hurts senior year stats “similar” to Lamar’s heisman season. I looked up the statistics and Hurts rushed for 20% fewer yards than Jackson did as a sophomore and 25% less than Jackson did as a junior at Louisville. Hurts had his senior season at Oklahoma with Oklahoma’s offensive line playing in front of him. These elements are never taken into consideration by people observing the college game. Johnny Manziel benefitted from this phenomenon when he was drafted by the browns. No one considered he was a wildass in college that was consistently bailed out by one of the best receiving corps assembled in the college game over the last 25 years. Conversely, despite Lamar going absolutely crazy on the field in college, the talent level around him was never taken into account. Instead of the team elevating him, he was elevating the entire team.
These Lamar comparisons will soon die out soon enough. Once the fandom and non-researching punditry continues to see his other worldly exploits and improvement year on year, they'll soon come to realize that we are looking at an outlier of Biblical proportions. If Lamar wins the SB (hopefully he does this year), then I truly believe Roman for all his deft marketing himself like he's the sole reason for our success will remain with the Ravens. Why? Because teams will realize that Lamar is the reason Roman's offense works so well and not vice versa. I cannot see Roman doing what the Ravens did with Lamar and replicating even half the success elsewhere with some other mobile QB. Because there is only one Lamar that comes along once every lifetime.

Despite my articulate reasoning of why I believe Lamar is so transcendental people still consider me a Lamar fan. The real question should be why aren't all of you all in on Lamar Jackson the same 'fatal attraction' way??

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Guys, her name is Karen... this was predictable...

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

Guys, her name is Karen... this was predictable...
Lmao I was just about to share that.

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad

What a sanctimonious asswipe. And shame on the Sun for tacitly giving credence to the malformed opinion of such an indignant loon.

And it’s ironic that the meme is getting twisted now people are asking for the manager to complain about Karen...
When I first heard this the statement was “there was an article in the Sun ...” so I’m thinking - wow would Preston actually write that? Then I saw it was an editorial.

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
These Lamar comparisons will soon die out soon enough. Once the fandom and non-researching punditry continues to see his other worldly exploits and improvement year on year, they'll soon come to realize that we are looking at an outlier of Biblical proportions. If Lamar wins the SB (hopefully he does this year), then I truly believe Roman for all his deft marketing himself like he's the sole reason for our success will remain with the Ravens. Why? Because teams will realize that Lamar is the reason Roman's offense works so well and not vice versa. I cannot see Roman doing what the Ravens did with Lamar and replicating even half the success elsewhere with some other mobile QB. Because there is only one Lamar that comes along once every lifetime.

Despite my articulate reasoning of why I believe Lamar is so transcendental people still consider me a Lamar fan. The real question should be why aren't all of you all in on Lamar Jackson the same 'fatal attraction' way??

What gets me is how anyone can watch a ravens game, or better yet, any one of the dozens of Lamar highlight videos on YouTube, and come away thinking, “wow, that Greg Roman is the ultimate genius and engine of Ravens success” after witnessing Lamar repeatedly pull a rabbit out of his ass with unparalleled talent and ability on big play after big play.

What a sanctimonious asswipe. And shame on the Sun for tacitly giving credence to the malformed opinion of such an indignant loon.
“Sanctimonious” ... perfect choice of words Her comments define that perfectly. Yeah the Sun was a once proud publication but like all forms of media these days have veered in the direction of sensational. There are some editorials posted that do nothing but stir shit and shouldn’t be published.

What gets me is how anyone can watch a ravens game, or better yet, any one of the dozens of Lamar highlight videos on YouTube, and come away thinking, “wow, that Greg Roman is the ultimate genius and engine of Ravens success” after witnessing Lamar repeatedly pull a rabbit out of his ass with unparalleled talent and ability on big play after big play.
Yeah this could be well placed in the coordinator thread discussing potential departures of Wink and/or Roman. Anyway that is something I think some organizations will take into account if their team doesn’t lend itself to his style. Beside I feel like the trend is for teams to look for young bright minds to run their teams (with an emphasis on “young”) and in that regard neither Wink nor Roman qualify.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Ohhhhhhh don't tell me this is true. Say it ain't so.......

EM09c5MXsAE-vJB

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sooooooooooo hilarious her name is Karen. You couldn't make this up. GO FUCK YOURSELF, KAREN. NO ONE CARES. (work harder)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I just came across that stupid article.... unbelievable. The Sun should be ashamed for allowing that to be published.