• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
As the other guy said “not in your DNA” is a commonly used phrase. I’ve never heard someone give it a racist connotation until this thread. I’m not ready to convict/condemn people over turn of phrase.
Okay I hear you and understand but my sense after watching the entirety of that show feels different and I'll stick with my feeling regarding that old dude.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like that we're going to be tested by the Titans. Not an easy game for sure but we'll prevail and be tough the rest of the way because of it! Let's go Ravens. Prepare, stay focused and locked in. Our time is about to begin!

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
Prepare for Russell Wilson MVP talk to flare again after he hung 17 on a depleted eagles team and the Seahawks escape with a win over a 40 year old scrub QB. Throwing jump balls to DK Metcalf all game and rushing for 40 yards makes him the all-pro.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Prepare for Russell Wilson MVP talk to flare again after he hung 17 on a depleted eagles team and the Seahawks escape with a win over a 40 year old scrub QB. Throwing jump balls to DK Metcalf all game and rushing for 40 yards makes him the all-pro.
He just gave old man Polian and long neck Silver Collinsworth a set of teeth! laugh out loud!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Explain to me then the statement that 'accuracy may not be in Lamar's DNA' please? There's no rationale to explain the DNA aspect of it unless you believe in the stupid and idiotic 'Bell curve theory' right? While he may have innocently made that remark you immediately know that's what he thinks of black QBs inherently. At least that's my view on it.
Accuracy wasn’t in fucking Kyle bollers DNA, is that racist?

come the fuck on with that, idek what we’re talking about but that is a phrase that is just used and it has a very apparent meaning to it and it’s not a racially charged phrase. Derek Barnett doesn’t have speed rush in his DNA. Jameis Winston doesn’t have poise or vision in his DNA. Tom Brady doesn’t have scrambling in his DNA. Steve Smith doesn’t have chill in his DNA. Joe Flacco doesn’t have urgency in his DNA.

is any of that a racially charged statement? Is the statement about jameis Winston racially charged simply because he’s a black qb and it opens up room for stereotypes? Or is it just a true statement about a qb who has no poise or vision?

It’s funny since we shut down Lamar after week 16 and because so many other teams have been playing in meaningful games the past 2 weeks and we have not it is as if people have forgotten what we are capable of. I don’t feel like we’ve been mentioned much in this span and as is always the case people don’t want to predict the favorite to win it all so everyone is on the lookout for that dark horse.

We need to come out on Saturday and remind everyone what this team has done over the past 12 games and that is take care of all comers - including playoff teams - in convincing fashion.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
It’s funny since we shut down Lamar after week 16 and because so many other teams have been playing in meaningful games the past 2 weeks and we have not it is as if people have forgotten what we are capable of. I don’t feel like we’ve been mentioned much in this span and as is always the case people don’t want to predict the favorite to win it all so everyone is on the lookout for that dark horse.

We need to come out on Saturday and remind everyone what this team has done over the past 12 games and that is take care of all comers - including playoff teams - in convincing fashion.
Everyone seems to think the chiefs are going to the SB. Time to put them in their place

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

I am hoping come Saturday night, Lamar will be back in the national conscience!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everyone seems to think the chiefs are going to the SB. Time to put them in their place
Do they realize that we lost to the damn Browns after we lost to the Chiefs and in a worse manner? What makes them think we can't beat them this time around? It actually amazes me they think our chance against the Chiefs is a lost cause. Quite the contrary if you ask me. That is assuming the Texans don't whip up on them first.

Tank

Hall of Famer

or not.

It’s a good thing we’ve been put on the back burner again for the last couple of weeks. Helps to keep the team focused on work and not on what is being said in the media. All that will come soon enough and will present it’s own problems, especially for the young inexperienced guys.

or not.

It’s a good thing we’ve been put on the back burner again for the last couple of weeks. Helps to keep the team focused on work and not on what is being said in the media. All that will come soon enough and will present it’s own problems, especially for the young inexperienced guys.
But that’s ok. We got guys like Yanda and BWill and others to keep the young ones on point. And for the young one named Lamar we have no worries. That guy is laser focused on the task at hand and has no illusions that things will go our way based on how we have played up to this point. All that matters is how we play going forward.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have no worries about Lamar going into this game aside from him possibly being too fired up at the beginning (you know he's itching to erase the Chargers playoff game from last year from everyone's memories). I expect that Lamar and this team will be ready to go on Saturday night.

Tank

Hall of Famer
But that’s ok. We got guys like Yanda and BWill and others to keep the young ones on point. And for the young one named Lamar we have no worries. That guy is laser focused on the task at hand and has no illusions that things will go our way based on how we have played up to this point. All that matters is how we play going forward.
And what do they gain from getting the media attention? nuthin’. lol

Give us the props when the tournament is over, then it will be cool and appreciated.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have no worries about Lamar going into this game aside from him possibly being too fired up at the beginning (you know he's itching to erase the Chargers playoff game from last year from everyone's memories). I expect that Lamar and this team will be ready to go on Saturday night.

i genuinely think if we score points on the first drive that might be game over - especially if the titans dont

And what do they gain from getting the media attention? nuthin’. lol

Give us the props when the tournament is over, then it will be cool and appreciated.
Oh I realize there is nothing to be gained by getting media attention Im just saying I’m not afraid of the team getting complacent when we get it. Gone are the days of fueling our motivation because of a lack of respect. We are in a place where greatness is going to be expected of us and we understand the focus required to meet those expectations.

Concerns are being raised as expected regarding rust for Lamar. If he misfires early and the Titans grind clock and score early we may start to press.

I am dying for this game to happen and to see that we pick up where we left off in the regular season. Saturday night cannot get here fast enough.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Only thing I'm worried about is the weather, but then again, the Niners gashed us by running the ball in the rain and we still came out as winners. The Titans don't have half the talent SF does. We'll see what happens, but I'm expecting a blowout in our favor.