• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

I predicted 2 weeks ago Seattle over KC in the SB. But didn't see Titans playoff push til they beat Brady up and took his lunch money. Still figured Ravens would lose to KC in the AFC championship since KC beat you guys earlier in the year (plus KC has the AFC's lowest avg loss margin). But when i saw the Titans opening drive tonight I knew they'd win. And when Jackson threw the INT in his opening drive I was phoning friends for bets on a Titans victory. Though Baltimore was crazy good this year. But whenever teams have video game dominance they often stumble in the final act - like the undefeated '07 Pats.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I disagree that Lamar had a bad game. Maybe I’m biased—and I agree he certainly pressed at times and got jittery at others—but I really don’t think the team around Lamar played well and he [Jackson] felt like he had to do more and was pressured more to do more to win. Too many dropped critical passes in this game for me to feel otherwise. We need another WR and perhaps an interior OL. We definitely need an interior DL and an edge pass rusher. I also don’t think Humphrey had his best game either, and I agree with @Sami84 as much as it saddens me that Humphrey isn’t as perfect as we make him out to be. I don’t know if he has ADD or what but I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. Way too many mental lapses from him.

Oh well, on to the Draft and Free Agency! I’d love to sign Henry away from TEN. Fat chance that happens though.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I disagree that Lamar had a bad game. Maybe I’m biased—and I agree he certainly pressed at times and got jittery at others—but I really don’t think the team around Lamar played well and he [Jackson] felt like he had to do more and was pressured more to do more to win. Too many dropped critical passes in this game for me to feel otherwise. We need another WR and perhaps an interior OL. We definitely need an interior DL and an edge pass rusher. I also don’t think Humphrey had his best game either, and I agree with @Sami84 as much as it saddens me that Humphrey isn’t as perfect as we make him out to be. I don’t know if he has ADD or what but I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. Way too many mental lapses from him.

Oh well, on to the Draft and Free Agency! I’d love to sign Henry away from TEN. Fat chance that happens though.
When he throws passes like the one to Hurst and he just lets it bounce off his chest, I can’t blame Jackson for shit

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
When he throws passes like the one to Hurst and he just lets it bounce off his chest, I can’t blame Jackson for shit
Yeah, I mean don’t get me wrong—Jackson had some bad throws there tonight. With that said, there was more bad from others than him Imho. Titans got very lucky too on that ridiculous first INT. I still wish we got Byard

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

finally, some honesty. Humphrey is a solid above-average corner with great physicality but he is not a fluid lockdown corner. He's not someone that cannot be replaced if he needed to be in an offseason

He lacks ball skills and gets beat far too many times. He'll def benefit from an upgrade in the trenches next year though so he doesnt have to cover for as long. Today, however, he got beat with no caveat for the titans TD and its happened more than a few times this year

he wasn't deserving of all pro IMO

Reactions: cdp

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I mean don’t get me wrong—Jackson had some bad throws there tonight. With that said, there was more bad from others than him Imho. Titans got very lucky too on that ridiculous first INT. I still wish we got Byard
I seriously think if that doesn’t happen this is different... not that it matters but damn we were driving Mark has had a lot of those balls this year

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
finally, some honesty. Humphrey is a solid above-average corner with great physicality but he is not a fluid lockdown corner. He's not someone that cannot be replaced if he needed to be in an offseason

He lacks ball skills and gets beat far too many times. He'll def benefit from an upgrade in the trenches next year though so he doesnt have to cover for as long. Today, however, he got beat with no caveat for the titans TD and its happened more than a few times this year

he wasn't deserving of all pro IMO

here we go one bad game and everyone sucks welcome back the real Sami it’s been nice without you for a few months

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
here we go one bad game and everyone sucks welcome back the real Sami it’s been nice without you for a few months

actually i've been saying consistently during our winning stretch that Humphrey is being overrated here. peters is far better

D1City55

Pro Bowler
That route on Humphrey was a seriously amazing route. That was one of the best route I've seen all year long and I can't be mad at Humph for bitting on that, most Pro Bowl-caliber CBs would too. I'm disappointed he gave that up, and I definitely think he can improve, but I think he's scratching the surface honestly. He's improved every year now and I'm confident he'll get better.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
That route on Humphrey was a seriously amazing route. That was one of the best route I've seen all year long and I can't be mad at Humph for bitting on that, most Pro Bowl-caliber CBs would too.
Also fantastic timing to do it without Earl Thomas roaming back there. Humphrey is who he always was: a physically dominant CB who will get burnt deep. If he has safety help over the top, he's incredibly hard to beat

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Also fantastic timing to do it without Earl Thomas roaming back there. Humphrey is who he always was: a physically dominant CB who will get burnt deep. If he has safety help over the top, he's incredibly hard to beat
That's kind of the issue, he's had his problem with turning his head around for the ball and giving up some big plays. He's asked a lot to cover 1v1 and we don't have the type of defense where you can four-man rush and drop the rest in coverage like the rest of the top CBs in the game. It's sad but we've been forced to send the house tons of times because we have to. We don't' have a single four-man rush that can get to the QB. That honestly killed us today.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
That's kind of the issue, he's had his problem with turning his head around for the ball and giving up some big plays. He's asked a lot to cover 1v1 and we don't have the type of defense where you can four-man rush and drop the rest in coverage like the rest of the top CBs in the game. It's sad but we've been forced to send the house tons of times because we have to. We don't' have a single four-man rush that can get to the QB. That honestly killed us today.
OLB as a whole concept is the problem.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
We need a four man rush. That's so important, and I'm dying for a 3 tech here. Bringing pressure of the middle would be so great.

Damn it all, I wish we have more cap room for Gerald McCoy.
Gerald McCoy wasn't a money problem unfortunately, he just wanted to play against the Bucs. Would've been nice to have him. Shoot, would have been nice to have McPhee

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Humphrey isn't as good playing slot than he is as a boundary corner, but his ability to learn the position when Young was out was invaluable. His ability to play all three positions and cover is also helpful. No he's not perfect, but he's very good.

I also agree Lamar was pressing at times, because he felt he had to overcompensate and it was extremely noticeable on the fumble, when he should have thrown the ball away. Many players around him let him down and I believe there were 6 or 7 drops and the one to Hurst would have been a touchdown. Seth Roberts had one in the first half that would have been a huge gain and he possibly could have scored on it.

Last edited:

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Humphrey isn't as good playing slot than he is as a boundary corner, but his ability to play all three positions and cover is invaluable. I also agree Lamar was pressing at times, because he felt he had to overcompensate and it was extremely noticeable on the fumble, when he should have thrown the ball away. Many players around him let him down and I believe there were 6 or 7 drops and the one to Hurst would have been a touchdown. Seth Roberts had one in the first half that would have been a huge gain and he possibly could have scored on it.
He needs to have some weight off his shoulders next playoff game. Playing at Louisville, he has gotten way to used to having to be the savior. He's pressing. Hand off 30 times and get the monkey off your back.