• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I swear, if Lamar balls out today or at least plays a pivotal role in a W and we start Flacco next week, F U C K H A R B A U G H

Tank

Hall of Famer
Lol, we were right, Flacco will take over again after getting hip sorted:

Lamar Jackson 'strong shot' to remain starter
13059.jpg

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Lamar Jackson has a "strong shot" to keep the starting job when Joe Flacco (hip) returns.

Jackson has another cupcake matchup with the Raiders after beating an injury-ravaged Bengals defense last week. He hasn't shown much as a passer, but it's going to be hard for the Ravens to turn back to Flacco if Jackson leads them to consecutive wins. Flacco is expected to return to practice next week, so the narrative lines up for Jackson to take over as the starter.
He could be right! He also is the only guy in the country to pick the Raiders to win today. Will he be right about that too? lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I still think our season is over so I'm only looking forward to see the progress of Lamar going forward. A couple of unlucky picks for sure, but I thought he played relatively well. I swear this coaching staff needs to stop being so damn incompetent.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I loved what he did today as a whole performance - training wheels came off the bike
He's not making boneheaded decisions. He definitely was overthinking in the first half thanks to Marty and Co. I can not emphasize enough how much these wins along with his performance should go a long way in his progress.

I'm really looking forward to see him start in his first road game. ATL doesn't have some amazing home advantage (kinda wish they did), but how will he fare is the question...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lamar needs OC who will trust him, he's that type of player. Can't tie him up with backward thinking play calls. If we ever had a ball player on offense, it's Jackson.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Some nice throws like the one to brown that came back..some v.poor throws and reads. To be expected.

Showed enough for me to cut or trade flacco in the offseason and roll with him, but i still think this year our best chance at a shot for a superbowl is flacco.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Some nice throws like the one to brown that came back..some v.poor throws and reads. To be expected.

Showed enough for me to cut or trade flacco in the offseason and roll with him, but i still think this year our best chance at a shot for a superbowl is flacco.

Thinking about the shot at a SB is just too funny.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler

I agree with this statement 100% if we want to have a chance to make a run Joe has to be the starter