• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar is possibly the best ball faker I've seen in the NFL. He is very very deceptive.

If he can learn to throw in the pocket well we have a Pro Bowl QB.

No, as you can see in the Flacco thread going off topic is what we do.
Not being anal about being off topic but I have a feeling the signing (or not) of Mosley will be one of the hotter topics of conversation from now into the offseason when we see whether they sign him or let him walk.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What do you mean "ball faker?"
Pay attention to his read option, he can hold that ball in the backs gut for a whole 2 steps before pulling back and tucking it, and he hides the ball very well. Defenders don’t know who has the ball even well after the decision. Half the time lamar is already hitting the edge by the time the defense realizes. They can’t play it by reading and reacting, they have to just make a guess at the snap and if they guess wrong they’re fucked, if they try to react then lamar reads it and keeps and it’s so well disguised that defenders react late and 99% of nfl defenders aren’t catching him without jumping the play. If you dedicate defenders at the edge for lamar then the middle is open and both lamar and the rb has a chance to find an easy hole

usmccharles

Practice Squad
How well he sells handoff to RB

Pay attention to his read option, he can hold that ball in the backs gut for a whole 2 steps before pulling back and tucking it, and he hides the ball very well. Defenders don’t know who has the ball even well after the decision. Half the time lamar is already hitting the edge by the time the defense realizes. They can’t play it by reading and reacting, they have to just make a guess at the snap and if they guess wrong they’re fucked, if they try to react then lamar reads it and keeps and it’s so well disguised that defenders react late and 99% of nfl defenders aren’t catching him without jumping the play. If you dedicate defenders at the edge for lamar then the middle is open and both lamar and the rb has a chance to find an easy hole

Ah yea, i completely agree, fakes me out sometimes. lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
From what I’ve seen he’s a good run stuffer and can actually cover unlike your boy.
Eh, dude hit the rookie wall hard. Look all I’m saying is we need to see more, a lot more before we all of sudden say he’s some great linebacker. As of right now injured CJ is still the better player.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lol, we were right, Flacco will take over again after getting hip sorted:

Lamar Jackson 'strong shot' to remain starter
13059.jpg

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Lamar Jackson has a "strong shot" to keep the starting job when Joe Flacco (hip) returns.

Jackson has another cupcake matchup with the Raiders after beating an injury-ravaged Bengals defense last week. He hasn't shown much as a passer, but it's going to be hard for the Ravens to turn back to Flacco if Jackson leads them to consecutive wins. Flacco is expected to return to practice next week, so the narrative lines up for Jackson to take over as the starter.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

13059.jpg

CBS Sports' J***n L* C*****a reports Lamar Jackson has a "strong shot" to keep the starting job when Joe Flacco (hip) returns.

Jackson has another cupcake matchup with the Raiders after beating an injury-ravaged Bengals defense last week. He hasn't shown much as a passer, but it's going to be hard for the Ravens to turn back to Flacco if Jackson leads them to consecutive wins. Flacco is expected to return to practice next week, so the narrative lines up for Jackson to take over as the starter.
FUCK! This only means one thing: Harbaugh is guaranteeing that Flacco will assume to be the starter upon his return.

jboy19

Pro Bowler

13059.jpg

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Lamar Jackson has a "strong shot" to keep the starting job when Joe Flacco (hip) returns.

I thought we had rules against posting La Canfora reports. Remember when Torrey Smith was "committed to signing with Baltimore" last year.