• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
They're basically just reporting what fans are saying. Like yeah, it does seem like Lamar isn't his old self, but I doubt they have any type of source.
Then when he signs with Baltimore in the offseason they will say how obvious it was that he wanted to remain in Baltimore.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Then when he signs with Baltimore in the offseason they will say how obvious it was that he wanted to remain in Baltimore.
Knew it the whole time lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We're hard on Lamar and rightfully so, but God damn are most of the QBs in football just absolute utter garbage

defences have adjusted well to the stylistic demands of good QBs - points are down generally

we're disappointed with the offensive output of our team despite missing key personnel on a weekly basis and obviously byes make this more complicated but the ravens offence is amongst the best in the league in so many statistical categories

defensive philosophies are forcing teams to be perfect moving downfield and it's emphasising the importance of execution in key spots - ravens have been unfortunate in the last 3-4 weeks to have some key plays not work out because of minor execution issues... and yet that's typical of the rest of the league

with all our issues we've had with execution and personnel (and in some cases some situational play-calling) - we're still in almost every way that counts, a top 10 offence at worst

the reason we're all disappointed is because we know how much better it can be - not that it's bad

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
defences have adjusted well to the stylistic demands of good QBs - points are down generally

we're disappointed with the offensive output of our team despite missing key personnel on a weekly basis and obviously byes make this more complicated but the ravens offence is amongst the best in the league in so many statistical categories

defensive philosophies are forcing teams to be perfect moving downfield and it's emphasising the importance of execution in key spots - ravens have been unfortunate in the last 3-4 weeks to have some key plays not work out because of minor execution issues... and yet that's typical of the rest of the league

with all our issues we've had with execution and personnel (and in some cases some situational play-calling) - we're still in almost every way that counts, a top 10 offence at worst

the reason we're all disappointed is because we know how much better it can be - not that it's bad
Yeah I largely agree with this. I would just add that the WR corps is not conducive to calling 11 personnel plays and that's also not helping. It's hard to pass consistently well out of 22 personnel. If we can just get healthier, and execute better, that would make a world of difference. If we could also add one more receiver on top of that, watch out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I largely agree with this. I would just add that the WR corps is not conducive to calling 11 personnel plays and that's also not helping. It's hard to pass consistently well out of 22 personnel. If we can just get healthier, and execute better, that would make a world of difference. If we could also add one more receiver on top of that, watch out.

idk that it's hard to consistently pass out of 12 or 21 personnel though
if we can find a way to successfully run the ball with 2 WRs on the field or with Likely as one of our 2 TEs then suddenly that causes defences a massive problem

id love to add a WR and make a dangerous 11 personnel package a realistic idea but 12 personnel with Bateman, Duvernay, Andrews and Likely with Gus/JK is absolutely fine to pass with as long as we can run the ball

the bigger problem is that Andrews, Bateman, Gus and JK are all injured in various different ways and we've got no depth behind Bateman other than Duv

if we add a starting WR to this group then this offence is absolutely fine, better than fine even...

Tank

Hall of Famer

I’m disappointed because the beginning of the season, just like the beginning of last season, held so much promise for Lamar. It really seemed as if he had turned the corner, only to regress into poor mechanics and poor decision making. I continue to hope to see him become consistent in those areas regardless of the overall output of the offense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m disappointed because the beginning of the season, just like the beginning of last season, held so much promise for Lamar. It really seemed as if he had turned the corner, only to regress into poor mechanics and poor decision making. I continue to hope to see him become consistent in those areas regardless of the overall output of the offense.

id agree there's been some inconsistency
and id love to see him refocus on his deep ball throwing

but i must disagree about poor mechanics and poor decision making generally

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
idk that it's hard to consistently pass out of 12 or 21 personnel though
if we can find a way to successfully run the ball with 2 WRs on the field or with Likely as one of our 2 TEs then suddenly that causes defences a massive problem

id love to add a WR and make a dangerous 11 personnel package a realistic idea but 12 personnel with Bateman, Duvernay, Andrews and Likely with Gus/JK is absolutely fine to pass with as long as we can run the ball

the bigger problem is that Andrews, Bateman, Gus and JK are all injured in various different ways and we've got no depth behind Bateman other than Duv

if we add a starting WR to this group then this offence is absolutely fine, better than fine even...
Agree with everything here

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You should expect when playing against a practice squad secondary that a 50m QB can hit throws more than 10 yards down the field especially when there were receivers open. The fact that the game plan had to become "do not make a throw longer than 10 yards in a straight line" is not a mark in favor of the QB because it showed they were completely reliant on the WRs to make something out of the screen play versus having the QB able to make the throw. The past month has not been good especially when compared to the first month where Lamar was generally hitting those throws. Yes he had some bad misses but he was making the throw more often than not and now he just is not making the throw.

There is probably not going to be another game this year where the gap in skill between WRs and secondary is this large even with Bateman back at full strength. I do not know what triggered this slump; for all we know losing to Buffalo maybe has made him doubt himself, but either way since it started he went from looking like an MVP to looking like a low end starter. The first 3 games Lamar Jackson deserves that extension but the last 4 is more like Goff and Wentz than MVP Lamar Jackson.
I don't think that there was such a huge gap between our WRs and the Bucs' secondary whatsoever. Our offense has been playing this way for a few weeks now regardless of who is on the other side of the ball.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
As much as none of us what to say it, the fact is….he isnt playing like he is worth the amount of money he wants and it really is no debating that.. has nothing to do with roman, this shit is on lamar. Like you said, bucs had trash in at secondary and our 50mil qb couldnt take advantage of that. That says alot. Idk how people blame roman so much when lamar flaws are clear as day.. roman had to call a perfect game with almost all the first and only reads being open for us to have that 2nd half that we did. We are putting way too much pressure on roman whenever our qb fk up
The Ravens don't have any receivers that put fear in any secondary, healthy, or trashed. Lol!