• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m pounding the table and demanding that we use Likely more
Others as well. Not pumped about the Andrews injury, but it forced Lamar out of his comfort zone. He responded by spreading the ball out and taking what the defense gave him

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
How did you connect him not having an agent to him having a fan intereaction and signing a sign? Would the agent tackle him and prevent him from returning the sign?
No, but if he had an agent, he'd probably already have a long term deal that he'd be playing under. So there wouldn't be a sign to begin with.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Becuase of the reaction today from people who have no context of the situation. It just one more thing for the Skip Bayless of the world to stir the pot before Lamar ultimately sits down with EDC again.

This stuff becomes less of an issue/ass pain when there’s an intermediate at the table for Lamar.
I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about Lamar holding up a "pay me" sign. I thought it was funny.
That being said, I also do find it ironic that the party which is refusing to presently negotiate an extension (that party being Lamar) is doing public displays like this, indicating he wants to be paid. OK, if you want to be paid, start negotiating again. Guaranteed the Ravens would be more than interested in striking a deal today. They have more incentive to do so than Lamar does.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think that there was such a huge gap between our WRs and the Bucs' secondary whatsoever. Our offense has been playing this way for a few weeks now regardless of who is on the other side of the ball.

Except the film shows otherwise. You can see the receivers dominating their matchup against the Buccs which makes sense because practice squad players are inferior to even low end NFL starters. The fact that Lamar was slow at reading the field or would tunnel vision Andrews, even when others were open, is a problem. Once Andrews went out suddenly Lamar actually had to look at the field and lo and behold there were the open receivers.

Yes I suppose if you did what the Eagles and got him nothing but number WRs at every position then he could also look good but he also makes 19m more now (or the cost of a number 1) and will soon make 49m more than Hurts makes (the cost of 2 number 1 WRs with a side of interior OL).

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Except the film shows otherwise. You can see the receivers dominating their matchup against the Buccs which makes sense because practice squad players are inferior to even low end NFL starters. The fact that Lamar was slow at reading the field or would tunnel vision Andrews, even when others were open, is a problem. Once Andrews went out suddenly Lamar actually had to look at the field and lo and behold there were the open receivers.

Yes I suppose if you did what the Eagles and got him nothing but number WRs at every position then he could also look good but he also makes 19m more now (or the cost of a number 1) and will soon make 49m more than Hurts makes (the cost of 2 number 1 WRs with a side of interior OL).
The rhetorical question to that statement I have is, "Why?" Why does Lamar have tunnel vision and prefer to target his TE before a WR?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about Lamar holding up a "pay me" sign. I thought it was funny.
That being said, I also do find it ironic that the party which is refusing to presently negotiate an extension (that party being Lamar) is doing public displays like this, indicating he wants to be paid. OK, if you want to be paid, start negotiating again. Guaranteed the Ravens would be more than interested in striking a deal today. They have more incentive to do so than Lamar does.
No one should! I find it ridiculous that people are actually spending so much time talking about this. And the sign didn't say "pay me". Lamar didn't create the sign himself. It said, "Pay him". Of course, Lamar liked it and so did I. As far as his starting the negotiating again, no one knows what is going on behind the scenes between him and the FO at the moment. As far as we all know, they could be talking again. We'll have to wait and see how it all plays out.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
It makes me angry people want to criticize Lamar when he has no weapons at all, now Bateman got hurt. We never even had our weapons fully healthy, when they were almost all there Lamar was playing at MVP level