• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s with all these practice squad posts as of late?
I'm still convinced its sizzle with way to much free time

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
One way or the other, they need to get something done ASAP. We can't have another year of doubt and drama at the QB position. No doubt the situation affected performance, especially Lamar
Yes, just make a decision either way and we will roll with it. Just don't want this to drag another year.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
There’s rules against players gambling … but the GMs in the off-season?? I’d have my wife put a million down before making the trade if
I’m EDC

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If I was Lamar I wouldn’t even entertain re-opening talks with the Ravens unless they tell him Roman is gone and we’ll surround you with whatever you want, cost permitting. Otherwise why wouldn’t he want to go to the Jets or the Dolphins or another team that knows how to surround their QB with talent?
Because there's no guarantee those teams will have a HC, OC, or weapons when he gets there. Those teams have provided evidence they're willing to surround a QB with weapons when their QB doesn't get paid anything. What happens when the QB is making $50M?
In two years, there's no cap gymnastics possible where Lamar, Tyreek Hill, and Jaylen Waddle are on the same roster. One of those three guys won't be there.

End of day, when Lamar's getting paid market value, he's not going to get a bunch of high end weapons. If he gets 1 or 2, that's a ton, and one of them will certainly be on a rookie contract. He's going to have to elevate his players, not the other way around. That'll be true in Baltimore or any other franchise.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because there's no guarantee those teams will have a HC, OC, or weapons when he gets there. Those teams have provided evidence they're willing to surround a QB with weapons when their QB doesn't get paid anything. What happens when the QB is making $50M?
In two years, there's no cap gymnastics possible where Lamar, Tyreek Hill, and Jaylen Waddle are on the same roster. One of those three guys won't be there.

End of day, when Lamar's getting paid market value, he's not going to get a bunch of high end weapons. If he gets 1 or 2, that's a ton, and one of them will certainly be on a rookie contract. He's going to have to elevate his players, not the other way around. That'll be true in Baltimore or any other franchise.
I agree with the sentiment in your post. The reason I believe Lamar is perhaps among the few QBs' that can carry that $ figure reasonably well is that he has always been a force multiplier. He makes players around him better than they are otherwise. He needs to stay a Baltimore Raven.

I agree with the sentiment in your post. The reason I believe Lamar is perhaps among the few QBs' that can carry that $ figure reasonably well is that he has always been a force multiplier. He makes players around him better than they are otherwise. He needs to stay a Baltimore Raven.
So you’re sayin’ for $50 mil Lamar can make proche and duv better? Alrighty then, I’m in. :lol:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't discuss my son's life this early in the morning, fellas. I just woke up! Now, I get to worry over my morning cup of coffee. Such is a doting father's life...
Just trying to get my insider trader on

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So you’re sayin’ for $50 mil Lamar can make proche and duv better? Alrighty then, I’m in. :lol:
I believe he has made Duvernay better, but there is a limit. Proche rarely got any chances, but I agree we need to keep drafting wide receivers. We have hit on Bateman, but we have been unlucky with his injuries.

Simba

Staff Member
I know RG3 is a staunch Lamar support through anything, but he's seemingly been the most level headed guy out there regarding the whole situation. Listened to an interview clip on him basically saying that Lamar was hurt and wasn't going to be able to play. The two sides definitely aren't seeing eye to eye with everything, but it's not a completely broken relationship like some are portraying. Said both sides still want to get something done and there's going to be a push soon to see where each side stands.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he goes to the jets we better be getting sauce and years of firsts
No way Carolina Panther , at +850 we’re rich! I just got off the phone with Eric , it’s a lock