• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer
There’s rules against players gambling … but the GMs in the off-season?? I’d have my wife put a million down before making the trade if
I’m EDC

Is this Vegas odds? I'm surprised Houston is listed in the field. Also surprised the Ravens are not the favorites.

Edit; never mind, I now see this is bookies.com and not vegas.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t like that Lamar seems to get hurt when he is evading a sack. This isn’t something that will go away without Roman, it just sucks. Could just be bad luck. But damn

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t like that Lamar seems to get hurt when he is evading a sack. This isn’t something that will go away without Roman, it just sucks. Could just be bad luck. But damn
Probably a lot to do with poor wr play and only 3 routes to work with and a 8 man front rushing tf out of him

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Probably a lot to do with poor wr play and only 3 routes to work with and a 8 man front rushing tf out of him
Lol yea that might have a little something to do with it. I’m curious how EDC plans to fix the WR issue, not like we’re one guy away. And We’re right back in the same situation is Bateman or Andrews goes down again.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know that contributes but even in a great offense he’s going to get sacked on occasion. He feels he needs to be close to 100% in order to play effectively and that could be a problem going forward. Hopefully not but it’s painful to have our super bowl runs gone before they even start

Simba

Staff Member
Ari Meirov confirming what we all know - the Ravens nor Lamar's side leak info so everything is speculation right now. He did say that one of his sources (assuming the NFLPA since that's the only known info leak we have) said Lamar is more concerned with the total guarantees and wants closer to what Watson got. Basically said you can fluff the base salaries and other numbers however the team wants, but if the guarantees are good, he's in.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ari Meirov confirming what we all know - the Ravens nor Lamar's side leak info so everything is speculation right now. He did say that one of his sources (assuming the NFLPA since that's the only known info leak we have) said Lamar is more concerned with the total guarantees and wants closer to what Watson got. Basically said you can fluff the base salaries and other numbers however the team wants, but if the guarantees are good, he's in.

this is the kind of thing that makes me think it's inevitable it happens
and if not the ravens had no excuses

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
1674066219505.png

Ok everyone can panic now

Simba

Staff Member
this is the kind of thing that makes me think it's inevitable it happens
and if not the ravens had no excuses
Don't see how you don't just suck it up and do it at this point. I know the team prides themselves on being in the hunt every year but if somehow this falters, you're probably only looking at the last 2 years of an assumed 5 year deal being "rebuild" in one of the worst case scenarios. Take the risk.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Don't see how you don't just suck it up and do it at this point. I know the team prides themselves on being in the hunt every year but if somehow this falters, you're probably only looking at the last 2 years of an assumed 5 year deal being "rebuild" in one of the worst case scenarios. Take the risk.
I reckon the actual risk is the other, unimaginable option. All they need to look at really is the winning percentages with and without Lamar on the field. Even with severely short-handed offense. Lamar gets it done. Sign him, give him legit weapons and take that damn Lombardi.

Simba

Staff Member
I reckon the actual risk is the other, unimaginable option. All they need to look at really is the winning percentages with and without Lamar on the field. Even with severely short-handed offense. Lamar gets it done. Sign him, give him legit weapons and take that damn Lombardi.
And fully agreed here. Draft picks are great but we already have a sure thing in house. He's not perfect but he gives us a chance every time he's out on the field. A lot of teams would love to have someone like that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

you're guaranteed to be competitive with Lamar - the cheat code to team building if you're looking to be in the hunt every year is an elite QB

would feel insane to me that you choose the principle (i really dont think it's going to be the whole deal they'll have to guarantee) over the elite franchise QB

feels like it's way riskier to not have Lamar

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And fully agreed here. Draft picks are great but we already have a sure thing in house. He's not perfect but he gives us a chance every time he's out on the field. A lot of teams would love to have someone like that.

which is why he costs so much
we really shouldnt be trying to "bargain shop" for a QB who's not from the bargain bin
you're allowed to pay market price for that high quality

Simba

Staff Member
which is why he costs so much
we really shouldnt be trying to "bargain shop" for a QB who's not from the bargain bin
you're allowed to pay market price for that high quality
Even if you have to pay a little more, that seems worth it to me over going through the Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright, and Steve McNair era again. Hell, I love Joe Flacco but even that was a darkish time outside of early in his career. Finding another Lamar or a Mahomes or a Josh Allen is not an easy task.

Simba

Staff Member
One thing to remember with Jeff is that he still has to tow the company line to some extent. Media access is treated as a benefit from the Ravens nowadays. Not saying 50/50 isn't reasonable but it's also a guy that isn't going to come out and give it a 20% chance if that's what he's hearing unless the team starts acting like that's the case.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's not perfect but he gives us a chance every time he's out on the field. A lot of teams would love to have someone like that.
Problem is he hasn't been on the field in crunch time for two years. From Steve's perspective that's tough to justify Watson numbers.

Simba

Staff Member
Problem is he hasn't been on the field in crunch time for two years. From Steve's perspective that's tough to justify Watson numbers.
What are the other alternatives though? I get the pause from that angle, but not like you can just go out there and get another guy without some trials and tribulations first. Few teams in history have been that fortunate