• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
By all accounts they already did show Lamar the money and are doing all they are willing to do to keep him, seems he just doesn't think it's enough. But I seriously doubt they move much on what they've already offered, especially considering he just spent another season where he was out the last third or so of the games.
Is it that Lamar doesn't think that it is enough or that it isn't "fair" in comparison to the QB market and those who have not accomplished what he has in his 5-year tenure in the NFL and with the Ravens but they have been paid more?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is it that Lamar doesn't think that it is enough or that it isn't "fair" in comparison to the QB market and those who have not accomplished what he has in his 5-year tenure in the NFL and with the Ravens but they have been paid more?
When comparing the market gotta remember the Browns are an ass orginization.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
LMAO! They are trying!

If I am reading that article you posted correctly, then it says that it was a 6 year 133million guaranteed.

If that's the case then no, I don't think they are trying when Murray got a 5 year 160 guaranteed contract.

Again IF

redrum52

Hall of Famer
If I am reading that article you posted correctly, then it says that it was a 6 year 133million guaranteed.

If that's the case then no, I don't think they are trying when Murray got a 5 year 160 guaranteed contract.

Again IF
Heard he turned down 160-180 guaranteed and that they offered him 133 guaranteed. I choose not to believe the leaks, but if the 133 number is right the FO deserves every bit of what they're getting now in negotiations. That offer is flat out disrespectful as hell if true.

Tank

Hall of Famer

Again IF
I don’t think that article captured the exact figure of the total guaranteed money which is reported to be closer to $170 mil. minimum.
This article may help to clarify a bit.

RavenBR

Practice Squad

Again IF
It was more than Murray and Wilson "that would have paid him $133 million fully-guaranteed at signing. That’s more than Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray ($103.3 million) and Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson ($124 million)".

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Heard he turned down 160-180 guaranteed and that they offered him 133 guaranteed. I choose not to believe the leaks, but if the 133 number is right the FO deserves every bit of what they're getting now in negotiations. That offer is flat out disrespectful as hell if true.
unless the NFLPA released this information, than they really don't know, because even EDC said in the presser that he was really happy that none of the information that he and Lamar have been talking about has been released. He did say that the only information that got out came from the NFLPA.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
unless the NFLPA released this information, than they really don't know, because even EDC said in the presser that he was really happy that none of the information that he and Lamar have been talking about has been released. He did say that the only information that got out came from the NFLPA.
That's why i mostly ignore it. None of us know what the actual numbers are.

And the NFLPA is terrible. Has to be the worst of all the major sports.

Tank

Hall of Famer
And if I remember correctly the info from the NFLPA pointed to Lamar wanting a fully guaranteed contract. Is that right?

Simba

Staff Member
That’s where the leak came from. He was directly referencing those numbers.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You tell me, but I think it’s the first thing.
Um, well, I think that it is the latter.

Per text: Jackson, who serves as his own agent, was reportedly advised by the NFLPA that he was justified to demand a contract with 100% of compensation guaranteed at signing like Watson’s.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator