• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Being a half game out of the division makes this decsion so much more important it's stupid

giphy.gif

redrum52

Hall of Famer
You don’t need to be sold on him yet, but enjoy the ride

That's what I don't think people get. NONE OF US are sold him, but I think if you look objectively, benching him does no good. He's a rookie. Watch and hope you see development throughout.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I’m not enjoying it. Even if Joe needs to leave, I don’t like this style of offense or Lamar’s play style. Looks ok and flashy with things like lots of running yards and TOP... we’ve beat three bottom feeder teams. I’d like to see a few drives and games where Lamar relies on his arm and mobility to throw more so than running to get things done.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not enjoying it. Even if Joe needs to leave, I don’t like this style of offense or Lamar’s play style. Looks ok and flashy with things like lots of running yards and TOP... we’ve beat three bottom feeder teams. I’d like to see a few drives and games where Lamar relies on his arm and mobility to throw more so than running to get things done.

I'm confused......I thought that was what we were supposed to do to the so-called, "bottom-feeders?"

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m officially done with apologists lol. Your boy won’t be here next season. Get use to Lamar or find a new team. He’s only going to get better. Flacco is boring, predictable, and doesn’t open up the offense like Lamar does. All this shit about “January Joe”.. I have news for you; Average Joe needs to get to the damn playoffs before he can make another magical run like he did SIX years ago. He’s done. Stick a fork in him, and if Harbaugh starts him against the Chiefs, he can leave as well.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I’m officially done with apologists lol. Your boy won’t be here next season. Get use to Lamar or find a new team. He’s only going to get better. Flacco is boring, predictable, and doesn’t open up the offense like Lamar does. All this shit about “January Joe”.. I have news for you; Average Joe needs to get to the damn playoffs before he can make another magical run like he did SIX years ago. He’s done. Stick a fork in him, and if Harbaugh starts him against the Chiefs, he can leave as well.

He might get better.
He might not.
He might get injured running around the way he does.

That third one is more likely than the first two.

Listen this is hardly about Flacco anymore. If it’s time to move on from Flacco, fine. I don’t have to brown nose the next quarterback playing after Joe.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does like no one remember the 2014 season. It seems like everyone says Flacco has been shit since 2012 and completely ignore the one year we had a real offensive coordinator.

Not excusing his play since then, but he did give us two separate two score leads against the Pats, and we probably would have gotten another SB trip had we not been using random guys off the street as our secondary.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Does like no one remember the 2014 season. It seems like everyone says Flacco has been shit since 2012 and completely ignore the one year we had a real offensive coordinator.

Not excusing his play since then, but he did give us two separate two score leads against the Pats, and we probably would have gotten another SB trip had we not been using random guys off the street as our secondary.
In 2014 he threw a bad pass to torrey that got int.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I dont like this style neither but my guess is that since it is working and lamar is a rookie, we gotta do whats comfortable for him. He missed some easy ass throws so i think its safe to not let him air it out right now till we see some improvment from whatever is causing these accuracy problems

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm assuming at some point we'll have to reign in the running and focus him more on being a pocket passer. Cam Newton still scrambles but not at the rate we are doing with Lamar. Hopefully we can get him used to being more of a pocket passer through the offseason.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This man started 3 games and peoples patience is wearing thin. Flacco has sucked for the better part of 5 years and others didn't get the frustration and are now trying to equate it. The hypocrisy is super real. God forbid fans have hope for their rookie QB and want him to stay in and grow. And holy shit, the bastard has the nerve to win games while doing it. Na put in the other guy who gave our team absolutely no identity on offense cause of nostalgia.

Besides the fact he doesn't seem to improve our offense that much, have you realized that if the ravens want to trade Flacco, playing him might only hurt his trade value?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
This man started 3 games and peoples patience is wearing thin. Flacco has sucked for the better part of 5 years and others didn't get the frustration and are now trying to equate it. The hypocrisy is super real. God forbid fans have hope for their rookie QB and want him to stay in and grow. And holy shit, the bastard has the nerve to win games while doing it. Na put in the other guy who gave our team absolutely no identity on offense cause of nostalgia.

Besides the fact he doesn't seem to improve our offense that much, have you realized that if the ravens want to trade Flacco, playing him might only hurt his trade value?
I'm really not seeing nearly as many haters as much as people complaining about haters.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm really not seeing nearly as many haters as much as people complaining about haters.

It's not that. It's the fact the judgment switched up. All I heard about was wins prior. People tried to dust stats under the rug when talking about Joe. Now stats are being brought up and people dont like the way we are winning even though the last two wins we've basically been in control from the 3rd.

Then when called out on blatant bias the original point is changed. Shits been happening for years. The Qb topic is divisive because people cant admit their subjectivity.