• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Well someone mentioned Kyler got 80 % guaranteed. If Lamar wants more there’s not much space between that and 100 % , it would be damn close to 100 % .
What’s he want , 90 percent ? After not being able to finish two straight seasons.
Those guys getting contracts could either hurt or help. Personally, I think they hurt our chances of signing Lamar. Both are SB QBs now. Theres no guarantee each of them don't bet on themselves as Lamar did either. But if they get deals and guaranteed money, that is for sure what Lamar will expect.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Those guys getting contracts could either hurt or help. Personally, I think they hurt our chances of signing Lamar. Both are SB QBs now. Theres no guarantee each of them don't bet on themselves as Lamar did either. But if they get deals and guaranteed money, that is for sure what Lamar will expect.
Yeah. It could definitely backfire, but I doubt that the eagles will give Hurts that kind of deal. They're a smart organization.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is all still under assumption that Lamar is asking for a fully guaranteed contract. He isn't but I'm sure he wants significantly more than what Kyler got and he'd be worth every penny.
I mean Kyler's practical guarantees are $190M.
Significantly more than that is about as close to a fully gtd contract as it gets.

If we're talking strictly gtd $ at signing, Kyler got $103M, which Lamar will and should get more than that. But he's allegedly already been offered about 30% more than that and turned it down.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230210_175911_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230210_175911_Facebook.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 74

JAAM

Hall of Famer

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Ridder doesn't have a ton of value to me. If the numbers dictate the Ravens need to take him, so be it.

If you trade Lamar, you're rebuilding. A QB tandem of Huntley/Ridder would have the Ravens picking early. Couple nice QB prospects next year in Drake Maye and Caleb Williams.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh please, he would have absolutely demanded big deals too. I'll never be against a player trying to get every dime he can out of a league run by billionaires.
Me neither! I'm always for these players getting their money as well. It's a "business" right? At least that is what the front office loves to say when they have to cut, release, trade, or waive these players.

Last edited:
Ridder doesn't have a ton of value to me. If the numbers dictate the Ravens need to take him, so be it.

If you trade Lamar, you're rebuilding. A QB tandem of Huntley/Ridder would have the Ravens picking early. Couple nice QB prospects next year in Drake Maye and Caleb Williams.
I would do that deal but I agree, Ridder/Huntley won’t work. Haven said that I think we need a better #2 even if Lamar stays.