• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

There is nothing about Ridder/Huntley that I would want to experience lol
There’s plenty I like about Ridder just not sure he’s ready for prime time. But if Lamar is gone the Ravens are in offense rebuild mode any way. He played pretty decent filling in for Mariota this year. Bring in a vet QB like Jimmy G. or Taylor Heineke and give Ridder a chance to compete right away. We’d have 3 years to evaluate him on his rookie deal.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Could X team Tag & Trade X Player.... you can pretty much say that about any team and player. Such a generic headline, obviously if a offer that blew us away came along then we would have to consider it. The problem is... who replaces Lamar? Like we need a firm plan in place if we trade Lamar and who will be the starter.

I don't want to see us trade Lamar as I think we sign him long term anyway but man, who replaces him would be the big question.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar's Dad will need to confirm, but rumor has it Lamar was watching the Breakfast Club before he posted that Mario Cart bit...

Unfortunately, as the decision on his future draws closer and his millions draw nearer, the farther from me he is kept, shielded by his evil and possessive mommy. All this despite my signing a prenuptial agreement right before he was born confirming that I would take care of them if they remained poor, but the minute he hit the jackpot of sports stardom, I'd be fine with being discarded like stinky linen. That stink overwhelms me every day, my friend... Sigh.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Trying to spin the narrative that we can’t spend on WRs since Lamar gonna make too much is dirty business. Like we had 4 years of cheap Lamar, still didn’t spend. Oh.. but we somehow found 20mil to pay for a LB we took in for half a season.

We got two first round WRs for him, one of the best receiving TEs, and good receiving RBs.

Also, if we're being honest WRs refused to come here with Roman calling plays.

We got two first round WRs for him, one of the best receiving TEs, and good receiving RBs.

Also, if we're being honest WRs refused to come here with Roman calling plays.
And a 4th round gem TE who is also a pretty good receiver. It’s not at all like they have ignored the need for ball catchers, they just have not gotten a splash top tier WR, and as you say, Roman is to WR’s what Raid is to bugs.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
And a 4th round gem TE who is also a pretty good receiver. It’s not at all like they have ignored the need for ball catchers, they just have not gotten a splash top tier WR, and as you say, Roman is to WR’s what Raid is to bugs.
So we want that top tier receiver, right... or do we want a receiving core like KCs, cheap but decent.

So we want that top tier receiver, right... or do we want a receiving core like KCs, cheap but decent.
What’s wrong with wanting both. It’s ok to dream right? Lol

Seriously though it would be nice to have that top tier WR and a good #2 who can play wide or in the slot. One who can get the YAC’s and the tough yards over the middle. Can Bateman be that #1 WR? I’m saying maybe he can if he can stay healthy and with the right coaching in place.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s wrong with wanting both. It’s ok to dream right? Lol

Seriously though it would be nice to have that top tier WR and a good #2 who can play wide or in the slot. One who can get the YAC’s and the tough yards over the middle. Can Bateman be that #1 WR? I’m saying maybe he can if he can stay healthy and with the right coaching in place.
If he improves his catching, he definitely can be. CAN