• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Turns down the second highest guaranteed contract in history. He must be an idiot to not realise the Watson deal is a total outlier that no team will come close to matching.

The Ravens could even be considering coming back in with a reduced offer now after another injury ending season.
wow, Arnie. Haven't seen you around here in a very long time. You should visit more often.

I don't think they will reduce Lamar's offer. If anything I think they could increase the offer if another team comes out with an offer for Lamar.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sucks stroud is gonna 1 overall
I think the panthers have convinced themselves Richardson is the guy. Higher ceiling. They are wrong, he is not good, and I’m still annoyed Vs how he played Vs Kentucky. But that’s my guess where they go

Andy Dalton is the bridge until week 6 then it’s all Richardson in a desperate attempt to reinvent Newton 2.0

If this is still unresolved by the draft, it could be telling to see how the Raven's draft, especially if they stick with only 5 picks
Definitely will. If Lamar has to play on the tag then I could see them going after Richardson or Levi’s if either one falls closer to their 22 pick. I really don’t see either of those two being ready to start day one.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Are we gonna fucking at least hear any reports today about Lamar? Like for fucks sake. I'm just trying to know if anything in any way is even maybe going to happen.

Reactions: cdp

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Definitely will. If Lamar has to play on the tag then I could see them going after Richardson or Levi’s if either one falls closer to their 22 pick. I really don’t see either of those two being ready to start day one.
I think both of those guys are going in the top 10-12, barring some injury. I think the four "main" first round QBs are going to go and go early.

I don't think it'll change draft strategy too much. I think there's an outside chance they'd look at a QB on day 3 as a developmental guy, especially if Huntley ends up with an offer sheet we don't match.

The only way I see our draft strategy changing significantly is if Lamar gets an offer we don't match before the draft.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Are we gonna fucking at least hear any reports today about Lamar? Like for fucks sake. I'm just trying to know if anything in any way is even maybe going to happen.
Think the next relevant report you'll hear is if somebody actually submits an offer sheet. These reports of "well I think X team is thinking about it" is useless.

And unfortunately, the window for submitting offer sheets will last for the next 4 months.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Think the next relevant report you'll hear is if somebody actually submits an offer sheet. These reports of "well I think X team is thinking about it" is useless.

And unfortunately, the window for submitting offer sheets will last for the next 4 months.
Agreed but if we're being realistic, offer sheets if they're coming would be in the next few days right?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
oogway-saying-oogway.gif

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Feels more likely Lamar plays out the tag. Only way he is getting his number is if he balls out this year and forces the Ravens hand or tempts more offer sheets next year

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agreed but if we're being realistic, offer sheets if they're coming would be in the next few days right?
Maybe. Just depends.
Theoretically post-draft would be an option if a team or two strike out in the draft or don't get the players they thought they were going to.

But the matter cap space dwindles for teams, the less likely it becomes.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Well I guess LJ definitely letting it be known he wants a fully guaranteed contract after sharing that video on his twitter page.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
maybe McKee in the 3rd if he's there

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I don't think we draft a qb. If we do, we signal Lamar ain't gonna last with us. Then all offers dry up and everyone waits out the inevitable drop. I think by the draft Lamar is resolved. Either he's with another team or a team misses their qb pick and the hotline lights up on draft night.