• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The video won’t play for me but just curious how does this confirm that?
Because Orlando is essentially saying that Lamar deserves a fully gtd contract. Lamar isn't quote tweeting that video JUST to say congrats. I don't know what tf "set and done" means but I'm sure he meant by "said and done."

So a team like the Colts wait until after the draft and use their 2024 and 2025 1st round picks?

This would make most sense for the Colts if they were truly thinking about it. And this would suck majorly for us

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jesus Christ someone just trade for Lamar already so we can all move on with our lives. I’m sick of this shit and our inactivity in FA

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
ESPN was talking about the fact that Lamar is likely to not show up to offseason activities if he doesn't have a contact. Then multiple people suggested that his head might not be fully in the game and he might play for self preservation. Then went on to imply that is exactly what he did at the end of last year.

Simba

Staff Member
ESPN was talking about the fact that Lamar is likely to not show up to offseason activities if he doesn't have a contact. Then multiple people suggested that his head might not be fully in the game and he might play for self preservation. Then went on to imply that is exactly what he did at the end of last year.
Which would be counterintuitive because skipping out on workouts and doing all of that is the exact way you DON'T get the deal you're looking for. Just don't see how it's reasonable for Lamar in that case.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Which would be counterintuitive because skipping out on workouts and doing all of that is the exact way you DON'T get the deal you're looking for. Just don't see how it's reasonable for Lamar in that case.
I see that. Their point is by skipping, you protect your health which you need to get the next contract

Simba

Staff Member
I see that. Their point is by skipping, you protect your health which you need to get the next contract
I get it. Just feel like there isn't much thought in that, which isn't super surprising. Just feels like to me, if you want that big guaranteed deal, you kinda have to go out and play and do well. Sitting out or getting nicked up and slow playing the return is just going to damage the value at this point.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I get it. Just feel like there isn't much thought in that, which isn't super surprising. Just feels like to me, if you want that big guaranteed deal, you kinda have to go out and play and do well. Sitting out or getting nicked up and slow playing the return is just going to damage the value at this point.
I'd totally agree with you. That being said, I think theres an overwhelming possibility the people like the NFLPA in Lamar's "camp" probably are saying what the ESPN guys are.

It's the same thing that @rmcjacket23 is saying. By listening to their advice he's actually cost himself so much money. I think he may be in over his head and make lots of bad decisions

Last edited:
I think both of those guys are going in the top 10-12, barring some injury. I think the four "main" first round QBs are going to go and go early.

I don't think it'll change draft strategy too much. I think there's an outside chance they'd look at a QB on day 3 as a developmental guy, especially if Huntley ends up with an offer sheet we don't match.

The only way I see our draft strategy changing significantly is if Lamar gets an offer we don't match before the draft.
Richardson could go 10-12 but I doubt Levi does.

As for the Ravens draft strategy I was assuming that the Ravens and Lamar have not come to terms by draft time, and that they may never get there. If Lamar doesn’t get an offer sheet before the draft and he has to play on the tag I would be looking for his replacement in the draft, if the right QB is available. But either way everything depends on Lamar right now as far as strategy goes.

I don't think we draft a qb. If we do, we signal Lamar ain't gonna last with us. Then all offers dry up and everyone waits out the inevitable drop. I think by the draft Lamar is resolved. Either he's with another team or a team misses their qb pick and the hotline lights up on draft night.
I hope it gets resolved but if you assume it doesn’t then the strategy changes. Everything hinges on Lamar and whether he still wants to be here.