• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I think it had to do with the forum mock lol looks like multiple bans
How... know what...

Fans mad at Lamar for not having a deal. If Lamar took said deals offered and complained later all we'd hear is how he signed and needs to honor it. Players will never win this games with fans and need to realize that. You all are saying he's tying up the cap... Ravens don't have to tag him. Let him go.

What If the Ravens and Lamar are close in contact negotiations and Lamar plans to announce the deal on his interview he's supposed to release?

Also it'd be interesting to see if Lamar would sign if we were able to land D Hop or OBJ.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
What If the Ravens and Lamar are close in contact negotiations and Lamar plans to announce the deal on his interview he's supposed to release?

Also it'd be interesting to see if Lamar would sign if we were able to land D Hop or OBJ.
This would all be a dream come true

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think we brought this up before this past season started, but let's say Lamar plays on the tag which is very likely. Say Lamar has a MVP-caliber season and plays the entire season. Do y'all think Lamar would have more leverage then?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we brought this up before this past season started, but let's say Lamar plays on the tag which is very likely. Say Lamar has a MVP-caliber season and plays the entire season. Do y'all think Lamar would have more leverage then?

One would think. an MVP caliber season probably wins him another MVP award this early

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Nope. If the owners are against a fully guaranteed contract then unless LJ performs like no human or player has ever seen on Earth then they are not going to succumb to his demands regardless. It's alsoa major risk or even foolish decision by Lamar to even decide to play on the tag with the belief that if he can return to his 2019 form or better then he will get the contract he wants. I highly doubt Lamar Jackson can play on a prove it deal because he basically couldn't do that last year. The guy legit has shown he allows the outside noise to get to him too much at times and he probably be liability to the team while playing on the tag.

Of course he would, but just like last year when he chose to shut down negotiations until after the season it will be a risk vs. reward gamble for him. Also there’s other potential big deals coming after this season that will play into his deal. But the longer he waits to get his deal the more risks involved and the more money he’s losing.