• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The first thing I thought of with this tweet by Lamar right when Harbs was having his conference was imo this dude could have played
against Cincy and decided not to.

I have no idea why this is what popped into my head right then but it did.

It will all come out when hes traded.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
If it's the offer sheet, no... we get the two 1st round picks.

He can also agree to a deal with someone, not sign an offer sheet, get traded, and then sign the deal in which case the trade compensation is fully open.
The ravens would chomp at the but right now to get two 1st rounders.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
1. Actually, he didn't. Lamar tweeted this literally during his PC, so he didn't even see what Lamar said.
2. Again, as others have stated, requesting a trade and getting traded are two different things. We've seen players publicly request trades in the past, and then sign extensions with the teams they allegedly wanted to leave.

Much less profile, but Chuck Clark literally asked to be traded last year and played the whole season.
Did clark write a farewell letter? I dnt remember if he did or not

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
The first thing I thought of with this tweet by Lamar right when Harbs was having his conference was imo this dude could have played
against Cincy and decided not to.

I have no idea why this is what popped into my head right then but it did.

It will all come out when hes traded.
Players and eventually Harbaugh all said he couldn't have played, so I doubt it.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
If it's the offer sheet, no... we get the two 1st round picks.

He can also agree to a deal with someone, not sign an offer sheet, get traded, and then sign the deal in which case the trade compensation is fully open.
So the franchise tender and an offer sheet are different?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
They don't but thats what popped into my mind. i think Lamar is a childish fool so yeah I could see him not playing.

I could also see him telling the Ravens he wont play on the tag and actually not play.
But he’s your favorite player

redrum52

Hall of Famer
He's not sitting out the year. Missing camp is a possibility but no way in hell is he skipping on a year closer to FA if he isn't moved

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pretty much.
Though I think he's punted basically all remaining leverage he has by doing this. If he truly wants out, so be it. But now everybody knows what's what, and the Ravens can just sit back and wait for the max offer. Doesn't even have to be this year either. I think they'd like it to be sooner rather than later, but its not like they're going to trade him for a 3rd rounder.

AND, particularly worrisome for Lamar, is not only does he have to broker a trade, without an agent mind you, but it will have likely significant limitations put on it by the Ravens (i.e. who they'll talk to and who they won't) AND he's gotta broker a long term deal with that team first, because nobody is trading for him unless they can get him to sign long term.
I want him traded asap so we can finally move on and ideally get some draft capital this year