• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
And then Lamar just continues to hurt his own value if he goes that route. Ball is in his court on how he wants to proceed but it feels there are very few scenarios that gets him what he wants at the end of the day.
Yeah but like what is Lamar doing? Lamar must know he's lost millions compared to Allen. He knows he's not gonna make it up. It should be clear he's not gonna get the Watson deal from us or anyone else. So why is he not in damage control mode?

Instead we're launching cringe gym products, the tweeting... the trade request etc. It's all such a bad look

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Yeah but like what is Lamar doing? Lamar must know he's lost millions compared to Allen. He knows he's not gonna make it up. It should be clear he's not gonna get the Watson deal from us or anyone else. So why is he not in damage control mode?

Instead we're launching cringe gym products, the tweeting... the trade request etc. It's all such a bad look
I think it's called pride.

Simba

Staff Member

I mean he kinda is in damage control mode. The whole purpose of the tweet yesterday. He was trying to draw interest since none had come his way.

Him and his team are just kind of not smart enough to handle something this large. He'll realize it eventually... after he pays the price.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I mean he kinda is in damage control mode. The whole purpose of the tweet yesterday. He was trying to draw interest since none had come his way.

Him and his team are just kind of not smart enough to handle something this large. He'll realize it eventually... after he pays the price.
I'd call it doubling down in desperation mode rather than damage control. If he were smart he'd come back to the Ravens and sign a huge contract right now. Let the team get better. Get in the offseason early to learn the new offense. Play well and try win a superbowl and get ANOTHER huge contract to follow this one.

As long as you're nice about it, ask away right? LMAO

I know a certain LB who was visibly upset and would complain all the time that we did not bring in enough tackles to clog up the middle to help him. He then asked to be traded.

We drafted Ngata to help and paid him and all was well............................................................
Apples and oranges but yeah that happened. Ray actually tested the FA waters and had no takers. The Ravens could have lowered their offer but did not. Ray was smart enough to take the deal.

Teddy Bruschi has been saying for weeks now that Lamar is going to play disinterested this season if he's on the tag and will effectively milk out 32M. Won't play in games if he's even a little knocked up.

Idk I just hate this whole situation. For Lamar. For the Ravens. For us as fans. The situation and the media in particular are insufferable

Not finishing the season 2 yrs in a row plus sucking if he plays disinterested is surely going to earn him that contract he wants lol. It seemed like he played disinterested last year but I digress.

I don't know how someone disgruntled gives it their 100% effort. I hoped this is resolved asap so the Ravens can move on with their contingency plan if Lamar is out.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Being the competitor that i am, if im on a player on the bengals or top team in afc… id be tweeting shit like “ yea you never winning over here.. you better ask for that trade”

Reactions: cdp

Simba

Staff Member
I'd call it doubling down in desperation mode rather than damage control. If he were smart he'd come back to the Ravens and sign a huge contract right now. Let the team get better. Get in the offseason early to learn the new offense. Play well and try win a superbowl and get ANOTHER huge contract to follow this one.
Doubling down... damage control... same thing in this situation. He's still got in his head that he's going to get the deal he wants. Only once he drops that line of thinking is something likely to happen in the next 2 years. Or he goes out and puts up another MVP level season. Really his only options if he wants a long term deal in the next year or so.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Teddy Bruschi has been saying for weeks now that Lamar is going to play disinterested this season if he's on the tag and will effectively milk out 32M. Won't play in games if he's even a little knocked up.

Idk I just hate this whole situation. For Lamar. For the Ravens. For us as fans. The situation and the media in particular are insufferable
If teddy is wrong, it will mean nothing

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Not finishing the season 2 yrs in a row plus sucking if he plays disinterested is surely going to earn him that contract he wants lol. It seemed like he played disinterested last year but I digress.

I don't know how someone disgruntled gives it their 100% effort. I hoped this is resolved asap so the Ravens can move on with their contingency plan if Lamar is out.
Exactly. It works against him to do that. But that being said I agree with you. Someone who is disgruntled will not be at their best even if they're not "milking it"

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Doubling down... damage control... same thing in this situation. He's still got in his head that he's going to get the deal he wants. Only once he drops that line of thinking is something likely to happen in the next 2 years. Or he goes out and puts up another MVP level season. Really his only options if he wants a long term deal in the next year or so.
But that's the thing. Why does he think he's going to get it. I mean sure wait till the draft I guess. But he's not going to get it. What makes him think he is? There's just not a single piece of positive data for him.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

I dont feel bad for Lamar , he could have made probably 30 more million by now if he signed a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
But that's the thing. Why does he think he's going to get it. I mean sure wait till the draft I guess. But he's not going to get it. What makes him think he is? There's just not a single piece of positive data for him.
Because he has the NFLPA telling him that he should and has no one else on his side to challenge that line of thinking. He doesn't have the right people around him/advocating for him. But he's loyal to this inner circle. His own fault.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly! Just tuck his tail between his legs, walk back to the Ravens with his head down humbly, and say; "Where do I sign?" And after he signs the contract, then he should say; "Now, let's go get that Super Bowl that I promised y'all on my draft night!" I need my "L-Jack" Attack back man!

His biggest problem right now is he has people in his ear telling him he deserves a Watson deal. But none of those people actually sign paychecks, and they ignore that he has lost value over the past two seasons. I just hope, for his own good, that someone will give him some better advice. SOON!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Because he has the NFLPA telling him that he should and has no one else on his side to challenge that line of thinking. He doesn't have the right people around him/advocating for him. But he's loyal to this inner circle. His own fault.
But even if he doesn't have someone in his inner circle, he's never seen all the Allen comps going around? He's never once even compared himself to his to his other class mates? You'd have to be totally oblivious to not know and just stick your head down and keep charging down this path.

Like for real, what has the NFLPA said to him that has come true or been successful so far? In FA t it's all been wrong or unhelpful. So why keep listening?

I mean also it's so simple. Lamar is the only one doing things atraditionally and he's the only one without a contract...