• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Are the Jets really all in on Rodgers? Are they crazy?

Simba

Staff Member
And this little nugget from Jeff... the public trade offer seems unlikely to move anything else forward immediately, so buckle up for the long haul on this one. Leverage still remains with the Ravens

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
And this little nugget from Jeff... the public trade offer seems unlikely to move anything else forward immediately, so buckle up for the long haul on this one. Leverage still remains with the Ravens

We all know Fredo got a cap in his ass !

I don't want to see receivers running together and stopping next to each other on one side of the field so Lamar can try to take off to the other side.

Now that I said that out loud, I would ask for 400 million with 340 guaranteed lol
Don’t hurt to ask? Lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t hurt to ask? Lol

As long as you're nice about it, ask away right? LMAO

I know a certain LB who was visibly upset and would complain all the time that we did not bring in enough tackles to clog up the middle to help him. He then asked to be traded.

We drafted Ngata to help and paid him and all was well............................................................

Simba

Staff Member
Actually somewhat refreshing to see a good chunk of the media be realistic on this one for once. So many of them saying the Ravens are smart by just treating this as status quo because as of now, nothing has changed. No one is coming after Lamar and until they do, there's no reason for the Ravens to budge.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Actually somewhat refreshing to see a good chunk of the media be realistic on this one for once. So many of them saying the Ravens are smart by just treating this as status quo because as of now, nothing has changed. No one is coming after Lamar and until they do, there's no reason for the Ravens to budge.
Yea the Ravens smear campaign was getting frustrating. It’s a complicated situation and the Ravens aren’t without fault, but the disrespect narrative was bullshit

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also refreshing to see the local beat writers all just generally agree that this shit is painful to watch, everybody is getting frustrated with it, and most don't even care what the resolution is anymore. Just that there is one.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think it ends soon. The bigger issue is the media coverage/social media coverage more than anything else honestly
In terms of "milestones":
1. I think that 1-2 week period right around (before and after) the draft could lead to something. If the Ravens are serious about moving him or he's serious about being traded, before the draft is when he'll have max suitors and when the Ravens would be the most motivated.
2. The FT deadline, which is mid-July. Deadlines force hands. It's probably less impactful for the Ravens, because they obviously should be plenty comfortable with him playing for $32M this year. But as we get closer to that, both sides motivation to get a deal done, or a trade, should be at an all-time high.

So I would think basically nothing happens for about 3 weeks, maybe some chatter or a resolution in late April-early May, and then probably nothing happens after that until mid-July.

If its status quo after the FT date, I would be shocked to see him traded this year. He'll either play on it or he won't. His trade request basically goes in the trash can at that point, because nobody can extend him.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
They should put some incentives in his contract.. he has to win at 4 playoff games in 3yrs or make the afc ship
lol the guy didn't even like an "injury guarantee" after one season. Any sort of "prove it" incentives would offend him to the end of the earth.

It's a great idea to put escalators or bonuses in there for stuff like that, but not as a punishment tool.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Teddy Bruschi has been saying for weeks now that Lamar is going to play disinterested this season if he's on the tag and will effectively milk out 32M. Won't play in games if he's even a little knocked up.

Idk I just hate this whole situation. For Lamar. For the Ravens. For us as fans. The situation and the media in particular are insufferable

Simba

Staff Member
Teddy Bruschi has been saying for weeks now that Lamar is going to play disinterested this season if he's on the tag and will effectively milk out 32M. Won't play in games if he's even a little knocked up.

Idk I just hate this whole situation. For Lamar. For the Ravens. For us as fans. The situation and the media in particular are insufferable
And then Lamar just continues to hurt his own value if he goes that route. Ball is in his court on how he wants to proceed but it feels there are very few scenarios that get him what he wants at the end of the day.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
And then Lamar just continues to hurt his own value if he goes that route. Ball is in his court on how he wants to proceed but it feels there are very few scenarios that gets him what he wants at the end of the day.
I feel that it should have never gotten to this point between the Ravens and Lamar. This whole situation regardless of where cats want to place the blame is just pathetic to me.