• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I’m not sure how I can spell this out for you bro, but again I have to give Lamar the benefit of the doubt because I can’t prove otherwise. He says he couldn’t play I have to accept that. All I’m doing is speculating about other possibilities, based on the information I have. And it’s not like fans were the only ones speculating about this. Hell, at least one of his team mates and many in the media were as well.

Also it has nothing to do with blaming anyone for anything. I’m just a fan bullshittin’ with other fans on a message board. Lol. Are you a fan? You speak as if you’re above the lowly flock fandom.

Any way, peace out. I see your point and I respect your opinion, but I don’t have to agree with you.

This is hilarious

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Agree, except Lamar isn’t a running back or wide receiver. Players always have to play at less than 100% literally every season, especially your franchise QB.
Look what happened to cam newton when he was going out there playing injure and lamar is much more mobile than him…panthers threw his ass away and so did the fans.. if im lamar, if i dnt wanna risk it, im not playing.. fans nor anyone with an opinion gonna take care of my family once those checks stop coming in

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Look what happened to cam newton when he was going out there playing injure and lamar is much more mobile than him…panthers threw his ass away and so did the fans.. if im lamar, if i dnt wanna risk it, im not playing.. fans nor anyone with an opinion gonna take care of my family once those checks stop coming in

Panthers destroyed Cam.

One day we are going to understand that playing "hurt" in the NFL is a terrible idea.

Tank

Hall of Famer
We’re just talking here and don’t know either way, but bottom line if your getting paid $23 mil. and you can play, even it’s at like 80%, you need to get yo ass on the field if you can and help the team win.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Panthers destroyed Cam.

One day we are going to understand that playing "hurt" in the NFL is a terrible idea.

Cam destroyed Cam. Reckless running ruined him, not the Panthers.

Don't think it was the running. Most actually look to a hit he took in the pocket against the Steelers where his decline started. He's hit as he was throwing and everything seemed to go downhill for him and the team after.

Mute for trash music

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Don't think it was the running. Most actually look to a hit he took in the pocket against the Steelers where his decline started. He's hit as he was throwing and everything seemed to go downhill for him and the team after.

Mute for trash music

Of course it was Watt’s bitch ass

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We’re just talking here and don’t know either way, but bottom line if your getting paid $23 mil. and you can play, even it’s at like 80%, you need to get yo ass on the field if you can and help the team win.
If he was healthy enough to play i think he wouldve.. even if he was 80% but was scared to take the risk, id still understand his decision to sit out..

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Circular reference though. The perception of not playing when you could causes teams to wonder if they want to write you checks to begin with.
There's no right or wrong answer.
His inability to get on the field, regardless of whether he could or couldn't, is impacting his paycheck today.

Hence the theme of the offseason. If you're concerned about how long you'll keep receiving paychecks, may be a smart move to get the biggest paychecks you can as quickly as you can. Basically the opposite stance he's taken.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Mute for trash music

That's the thing. Lamar's injuries happened during sacks. Lamar is very smart taking hits running the football.

Tank

Hall of Famer
That's the thing. Lamar's injuries happened during sacks. Lamar is very smart taking hits running the football.
Yeah, LJ for the most part avoids the big hits. Cam was a much different player, much bigger too and ran the ball like a RB often slamming into the line and into tacklers.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, LJ for the most part avoids the big hits. Cam was a much different player, much bigger too and ran the ball like a RB often slamming into the line and into tacklers.
Yes but that's not what took him out tho. Tebow was the same way and I see a lot of that in Josh Allen too. Flacco should have been that way too instead of that stupid slide he did lol.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's gotten to the point where we strictly blame GRo for Lamar's injuries but when has he got injured on a "designed run". The way he was used is brilliant. It's just the design of the offense with the heavy use of 22 and 21 personal and running Ricard on wheel patterns. Spread the fucking shit out. Try more timing passes with quick outside screen and slants. Stuff like that instead of using 22 personal lining Ricard out in the slot. That shit was stupid especially on 2nd and 3rd longs.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yes but that's not what took him out tho. Tebow was the same way and I see a lot of that in Josh Allen too. Flacco should have been that way too instead of that stupid slide he did lol.
No, neither of those guys ran/run the way Cam did. And not sure why you mention Flacco, there weren't really any designed runs in his offense. lol