• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
OK then why do we care if its a rookie or not? The SB window for a rookie QB or even this team isn't 1-2 years.
Never said it was but we have a team right now thats capable of winning it all with a little help at wr. A rookie qb will just set us back from winning in that time frame.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It's funny to read some of the comments on the general nfl board on reddit. Fans of every team are having a field day making fun of Lamar, Huntley, OBJ, and the Ravens in general.

And they're not wrong. A generally top class team that lurks in the shadows quietly is on center stage making a fool of itself.

It will be glorious when all this is behind us

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's funny to read some of the comments on the general nfl board on reddit. Fans of every team are having a field day making fun of Lamar, Huntley, OBJ, and the Ravens in general.

And they're not wrong. A generally top class team that lurks in the shadows quietly is on center stage making a fool of itself.

It will be glorious when all this is behind us

I would love to know who they root for. If Lamar doesn’t fall early we make playoffs the year before and probably beat these Bengals.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I would love to know who they root for. If Lamar doesn’t fall early we make playoffs the year before and probably beat these Bengals.
Oh you can see their preferred team tags. I'm sure I saw every single one of the other 31 teams just taking shots at us.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Think about what you are saying here, don't think you really mean it. lol
His point is even the best passers in the league like Mahomes couldn't pass their way out of this absolutely non conventionally set up and coached (coordinated) offense.

The point is probably moot though because had we drafted Mahomes instead of Lamar, the offense would not have looked like this in the first place.

Tank

Hall of Famer
His point is even the best passers in the league like Mahomes couldn't pass their way out of this absolutely non conventionally set up and coached (coordinated) offense.

The point is probably moot though because had we drafted Mahomes instead of Lamar, the offense would not have looked like this in the first place.
Right. The offense would have been constructed much different if Mahomes were the QB. GRo's scheme and the roster was specifically set up to take advantage of Lamar's strengths.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

OR WOULD IT?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Right. The offense would have been constructed much different if Mahomes were the QB. GRo's scheme and the roster was specifically set up to take advantage of Lamar's strengths.
Right but this is what Deebo was trying to say is his Deebo way.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Just like how if lamar was in kc, the offense would be very different lol..to be fair, gro scheme has been the same with niners and tyrod lol so to think he was gonna change or had the ability to change cause of pat….wouldnt happen lol.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar’s QB rating in the playoffs is in the 60’s.
Beyond bad.

Don’t think for a minute that this hasn’t been noticed by teams that might make a play for Lamar

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
I 100% mean it.. you just dnt like lamar. You insert any qb in lamar position and no one wins a SB with the offense we had
Yeah, no, not true at all. I actually like Lamar the guy, especially prior to all this contract crap. Think he is a stand up, humble person at heart but money does strange things to folks. Also, he's one of the most phenomenal and exciting athletes the the NFL has seen in the last 5 years, but have to state the obvious, he just hasn't been a consistently good passer.