• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lol why end it with the giraffe but okay lol

Anyways does OBJ really only count add 1 million to the cap? Where does this leave us with cap space?
I was so weak at the giraffe lol. I have so many questions

rossihunter2

Staff Member
lol our social media presence is pretty great when they aren't shitting on Lamar or EDC about this contract.

yeah man - like i get why everyone's gone crazy but ravens twitter with the injuries and other things going wrong over the years has been so much fun lol

since the lamar deal became front and centre it's become a cesspool - id like to go back to that pre-contract era of ravens twitter lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah man - like i get why everyone's gone crazy but ravens twitter with the injuries and other things going wrong over the years has been so much fun lol

since the lamar deal became front and centre it's become a cesspool - id like to go back to that pre-contract era of ravens twitter lol

I mean it's a contract negotiation, RELAX.

No need to shit on the Ravens/EDC/Steve or Lamar/Mom.

Things will sort themselves out whether it's a trade or an extension

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
What if the Ravens, EDC, Lamar are playing 6D chess this whole time. Staged the entire controversy between Lamar & Ravens to do some epic Draft Day Mind Game where people think we will take a QB because of the Lamar thing but instead we get our guy we hoped to get and everyone else gambles wrong?

I can dream, I know.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
What if the Ravens, EDC, Lamar are playing 6D chess this whole time. Staged the entire controversy between Lamar & Ravens to do some epic Draft Day Mind Game where people think we will take a QB because of the Lamar thing but instead we get our guy we hoped to get and everyone else gambles wrong?

I can dream, I know.

I’m rolling

Attachments

• DC3F9965-B7A4-4B57-920E-B6F992E23BEB.jpeg
    DC3F9965-B7A4-4B57-920E-B6F992E23BEB.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 42

JAAM

Hall of Famer
C544230A-FF30-4C81-980B-C1C8272C1407.jpeg

JAAM

Hall of Famer
we're a high draft pick at WR and a new starting OG from having one of the most talented offensive groups in ravens history if they can stay healthy - huge "if" though
Imagine Lamar throwing to:

Odell, Bateman, Addison/Flowers, Agholor

Didn’t even mention Mark and Likely with a healthy Dobbins and Gus in the backfield

My god. Monken would be in heaven

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So I think it's pretty clear that this is what has happened this offseason

1) Lamar doesn’t get his contract
2) Lamar requests a trade behind the scenes to apply pressure
3) EDC uses that trade request to his advantage by applying the nonexclusive tag
4) No one come to rescue Lamar
5) Lamar makes the trade public as a desperation move
6) No one comes to rescue Lamar
7) Lamar realizes his best bet to get the contract he wants is to have a really good year in 23
8) Lamar starts recruiting OBJ
9) PROBABLY : Lamar simply plays on the tag in 23.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So I think it's pretty clear that this is what has happened this offseason

1) Lamar doesn’t get his contract
2) Lamar requests a trade behind the scenes to apply pressure
3) EDC uses that trade request to his advantage by applying the nonexclusive tag
4) No one come to rescue Lamar
5) Lamar makes the trade public as a desperation move
6) No one comes to rescue Lamar
7) Lamar realizes his best bet to get the contract he wants is to have a really good year in 23
8) Lamar starts recruiting OBJ
9) PROBABLY : Lamar simply plays on the tag in 23.

sounds like lamar's been recruiting OBJ since before he had the franchise tag slapped on him

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
sounds like lamar's been recruiting OBJ since before he had the franchise tag slapped on him
His actions are so weird then. That isn't novel though lolol.

Dude asks for a trade but then is still totally negotiating but then comes out public with the trade. Doesn't want to be here but has been recruiting OBJ for awhile. It just makes such little sense as he loses millions of dollars

Tank

Hall of Famer

Dude asks for a trade but then is still totally negotiating but then comes out public with the trade. Doesn't want to be here but has been recruiting OBJ for awhile. It just makes such little sense as he loses millions of dollars
Right. Asking for a trade had zero to do with not wanting to be in Baltimore and everything to do with trying to win the biggest pecker contest. Odd negotiation tactics no doubt and has lost a lot of dinero in the process. Definitely weird all around.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

im guessing the tweets and trade request announcement were negotiating tactics in this scenario

also, because, as tom pelissero said to rich eisen... lamar's been negotiating with the ravens since early march anyway lol

as exhausting as the situation is, not sure the relationship is as broken as people maybe thought after the liar's luncheon

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
im guessing the tweets and trade request announcement were negotiating tactics in this scenario

also, because, as tom pelissero said to rich eisen... lamar's been negotiating with the ravens since early march anyway lol

as exhausting as the situation is, not sure the relationship is as broken as people maybe thought after the liar's luncheon
I don't think the relationship is broken at all lolol

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

It looks like the trade request was a poker bluff . Lamar lost . DeCosta called it then went all in with the Beckham signing .
This was a masterstroke by DeCosta and pretty much guarantees Lamar is here for at least one more year .