• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

redrum52

Hall of Famer
View attachment 5339

Rodgers + 1st + 5th
for
1st + 2nd + 6th + (1st, or maybe a 2nd)

I dunno, if I'm the Jets,I think I would just rather have signed Lamar. It must have just simply come down to Crazy contract demands.

IMO the deal is good for the Jets.

It's Rodgers, a pick swap (13 to 15), 2nd, and basically a late 1st next year. You already have Rodgers paid. An OC and QB who know each other. If you stay healthy and don't waste your draft you have a damn good chance to compete for a championship.

Old Bay

Veteran
Lamar would cost way more. Both in trade assets and in $ assets.
Yeah, as I mentioned, the contract would be way more, but trade assets didn't seem too far off. In this deal they are swapping firsts, swapping a fifth for a sixth, leaving two second round picks, one of which is most likely going to become a first. But yeah, the contracts each quarterback would have are very different. No clue what the Jets cap space is like, so I'm not even sure if they could even afford lamar. It would be funny to see him wind up with the Jets considering how many guys from Baltimore end up there. I wonder if Rogers is going to finally embrace the mentor role for Zach Wilson

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, as I mentioned, the contract would be way more, but trade assets didn't seem too far off. In this deal they are swapping firsts, swapping a fifth for a sixth, leaving two second round picks, one of which is most likely going to become a first. But yeah, the contracts each quarterback would have are very different. No clue what the Jets cap space is like, so I'm not even sure if they could even afford lamar. It would be funny to see him wind up with the Jets considering how many guys from Baltimore end up there. I wonder if Rogers is going to finally embrace the mentor role for Zach Wilson
Right but I don't think the Ravens would even entertain trading Lamar today for a 2nd rounder this year and a first next year. They'd get way more than that from anybody.

Old Bay

Veteran
Right but I don't think the Ravens would even entertain trading Lamar today for a 2nd rounder this year and a first next year. They'd get way more than that from anybody.
No I agree with you there. Baltimore isn't making that deal. I was thinking from the perspective of the jets. I would rather have Lamar on a long-term deal at the cost of two first round picks than an old Rodgers for a 2nd and 1st ('24). But I guess they are thinking more short-term.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
No I agree with you there. Baltimore isn't making that deal. I was thinking from the perspective of the jets. I would rather have Lamar on a long-term deal at the cost of two first round picks than an old Rodgers for a 2nd and 1st ('24). But I guess they are thinking more short-term.
I think the Jets wanted Lamar but his fully guaranteed demands turned them off .

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Until seen otherwise, I'll consider this tweet to be a troll, clickbait if you will.

B78F800C-B838-47DA-B0A4-99B217D4D30F.gif

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Gonna be nuts when we announce an extension with Lamar tomorrow and trade for Hop on Thursday