• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just want the team to beat the Bucs and Browns who I can see giving the team fits and then hopefully trying to steal the game at LA but those cross globe games never favor the away team well. Plus the team needs to hope that the Colts, Titans, and Dolphins all drop a game in that time. The Colts schedule looks pretty easy and it scares me.... I can see them winning out and us dropping one game.

We’ve weirdly got a better chance at a division win than we do at the wild card because of the steelers schedule

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just want the team to beat the Bucs and Browns who I can see giving the team fits and then hopefully trying to steal the game at LA but those cross globe games never favor the away team well. Plus the team needs to hope that the Colts, Titans, and Dolphins all drop a game in that time. The Colts schedule looks pretty easy and it scares me.... I can see them winning out and us dropping one game.
I think the Cowboys beat the Colts this sunday

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wish you understood how much my blood boils having to give harbs credit right now, but is it rightfully earned to a degree? Hear me out and get ready for haters logic. This man was essentially forced into this current format of the team. Brown and Lamar might still be on the bench if not for injury. Same for Gus. This man might have Mr. Magooed his way into a new contract with us. For what it's worth the team never looked like they gave up and never have under him even if I think they have under performed. So I have to give him that. Good work, John.

Yuck
Yep, I feel the same. His entire Ravens tenure he makes required changes only when he's forced to make them. For that reason I don't want him past this season.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He didn't even call Kubiak initially - it was Dennison who suggested this.

I know that's the conspiracy theory, but the end to the part you are half quoting and Harbs was shocked he was even available. Which when you think about it makes sense. Kubiak seemed like would take a head coaching job somewhere or retire.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Chargers have been a better team on the road too lol

Basically do we want to face the chargers at m&t or the steelers at Heinz field...
I’ll take the Steelers at Heinz field all day. Chargers are the better team, and we are familiar and comfortable playing in Heinz field and the Steelers are gonna have to back into the playoffs at this point as they’re not gonna win 2 out of 3 and need to hope we drop some games that we shouldn’t. Theyre spiraling and I don’t think they have a shot to walk out of this season thinking they had a good run.

I’d rather face the team in total disarray, plus Philip rivers has a way of making us his bitch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’ll take the Steelers at Heinz field all day. Chargers are the better team, and we are familiar and comfortable playing in Heinz field and the Steelers are gonna have to back into the playoffs at this point as they’re not gonna win 2 out of 3 and need to hope we drop some games that we shouldn’t. Theyre spiraling and I don’t think they have a shot to walk out of this season thinking they had a good run.

I’d rather face the team in total disarray, plus Philip rivers has a way of making us his bitch.

so ironically - to get the easier matchup we kinda need both us and the steelers to win out - otherwise either we miss the wildcard or the steelers dont make the playoffs and we win the division

the paradox is that the steelers in their current form dont win the division and get into the playoffs with only 1 win unless we shit the bed (in which case we are out of the playoffs anyway)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
so ironically - to get the easier matchup we kinda need both us and the steelers to win out - otherwise either we miss the wildcard or the steelers dont make the playoffs and we win the division

the paradox is that the steelers in their current form dont win the division and get into the playoffs with only 1 win unless we shit the bed (in which case we are out of the playoffs anyway)
I’m all about the best seeding possible, if we fuck around and get the 4 seed, we are 2 upsets away from hosting a championship game. Also at that point, draft positioning comes down to playoff standings, I’ll take either matchup, thinking the Steelers are the easier, but I’d prefer the flex of being the north winners. It’s been a long goddamn time since we’ve made the playoffs and it would be nice to not sneak in

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m all about the best seeding possible, if we fuck around and get the 4 seed, we are 2 upsets away from hosting a championship game. Also at that point, draft positioning comes down to playoff standings, I’ll take either matchup, thinking the Steelers are the easier, but I’d prefer the flex of being the north winners. It’s been a long goddamn time since we’ve made the playoffs and it would be nice to not sneak in

just hosting a playoff game for the first time since superbowl run would be wild - that would be one way to hopefully get m&t loud again

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Totally agree. I want to win the goddamm division and it could very well knock the Steelers out of the playoffs. Now that would feel good

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This just tweeted by PFF:
QB rushing yards:

Josh Allen: 490 total yards
Designed runs: 89
Scrambles: 401

Lamar Jackson: 469 total yards
Designed runs: 418
Scrambles: 51

and all this tells me is that PFF has no idea how to grade or create stats for the zone-read because they are quite clearly including the zone-read in designed running which is crazy...

but it's also an accurate representation of how little lamar scrambles to run comparative to his actual rushing numbers

it also tells me that Josh Allen literally takes off at the first sign of trouble in the pocket

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This just tweeted by PFF:
QB rushing yards:

Josh Allen: 490 total yards
Designed runs: 89
Scrambles: 401

Lamar Jackson: 469 total yards
Designed runs: 418
Scrambles: 51

and all this tells me is that PFF has no idea how to grade or create stats for the zone-read because they are quite clearly including the zone-read in designed running which is crazy...

but it's also an accurate representation of how little lamar scrambles to run comparative to his actual rushing numbers

it also tells me that Josh Allen literally takes off at the first sign of trouble in the pocket
Which is why I like Lamar as much as I do. Even now he goes through his progressions before he initially takes off for a run. It's a real asset. If he did what Allen did he'd turn out as another Kaepernick. Eventually defenses are going to contain Allen and force him to throw, and to that I say, enjoy, and good luck to you.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Which is why I like Lamar as much as I do. Even now he goes through his progressions before he initially takes off for a run. It's a real asset. If he did what Allen did he'd turn out as another Kaepernick. Eventually defenses are going to contain Allen and force him to throw, and to that I say, enjoy, and good luck to you.
It’s a big reason I liked LJ in college. You could see him go8ng through his progressions and you could see his mechanics were fixable. Also I liked how he played in a pro style offense in college. The erhardt Perkins system with some spread is one of my favorite offensive systems and I’d love that for LJ. Include some rpos and we should be set.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s a big reason I liked LJ in college. You could see him go8ng through his progressions and you could see his mechanics were fixable. Also I liked how he played in a pro style offense in college. The erhardt Perkins system with some spread is one of my favorite offensive systems and I’d love that for LJ. Include some rpos and we should be set.
RPO based erhardt perkins(btw this system really needs a catchier name) would be brilliant with lamar, passing game is progression based but often with simple reads, it would really lower the stress on lamar in the pocket and hopefully keep a little more focus on mechanics so he can stop throwing ducks and turfing balls. The more comfortable he is I believe the less likely he’ll be to do that.

And running nearly a pure shotgun offense where every single snap contains the threat of a zone read should have WRs running wild

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
RPO based erhardt perkins(btw this system really needs a catchier name) would be brilliant with lamar, passing game is progression based but often with simple reads, it would really lower the stress on lamar in the pocket and hopefully keep a little more focus on mechanics so he can stop throwing ducks and turfing balls. The more comfortable he is I believe the less likely he’ll be to do that.

And running nearly a pure shotgun offense where every single snap contains the threat of a zone read should have WRs running wild
I agree it needs a catchier Adams than the two people who started the system. I’ve said it time and again than this will be the best system for him and it’s also why I’d be ok with McDaniels and this is all dependent on the reasoning he ditched the Colts.