• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because they feel we have a better chance to win with Flacco.

Now, why would they feel that? The Ravens were last 0-3 with Flacco and now they have become 3-1 with Lamar. Interesting.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I find it interesting that when I used to point out Flacco's W-L record, people would say that is not a QB stat and football is a team sport. Now all I hear about is Lamar's 3-1 record.

I also find it interesting that people used to try to say that Flacco wasn't a leader, when he clearly was; and how Lamar just seems like one of the guys.

This isn't a 'shit on Lamar' post. Just pointing out the inconsistencies.

My gripes with Lamar aside from his passing abilities is that he just does not seem like the brightest star in the galaxy. That's very concerning, given that the QB position is just as much about mental acumen as it is about physical talents. It makes me have serious concerns about whether he'll ever be successful as a passing QB. But hey, as long as the W's keep coming, I don't care how it is achieved. If we win when he is in, he needs to stay in.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Started out 3-1 with Flacco. Who’s to say Lamar won’t ever have 0-3 stretches. I’m just saying that’s not a great way to analyze it

It's my way of analyzing it and it serves me well! Flacco was 0-3 before the bye. Lamar comes in and is 3-1. No one is saying that Lamar won't or can't go 0-3 but the team is better with him than Flacco at the moment. Tough pill for you and others to swallow but it's a reality!

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
It's my way of analyzing it and it serves me well! Flacco was 0-3 before the bye. Lamar comes in and is 3-1. No one is saying that Lamar won't or can't go 0-3 but the team is better with him than Flacco at the moment. Tough pill for you and others to swallow but it's a reality!

It’s not tough to swallow being 3-1 since Lamar. But it’s ridiculous to suggest it’s just as simple as Lamar came in and that was all the difference. We also had a bye week and an easier schedule.

flynismo

Practice Squad
It’s not tough to swallow being 3-1 since Lamar. But it’s ridiculous to suggest it’s just as simple as Lamar came in and that was all the difference. We also had a bye week and an easier schedule.

Agreed. It was a combination of things.

However, I do tend to agree with the others when they say that Lamar has played the biggest role in our turnaround. He may not be an upgrade at the QB position (maybe he will prove to be over time), but the rest of the team sure as heck looks a lot different and has played a lot better since he took over. And Lamar is a big reason for that. I'll take a downgrade at one position if it benefits all the others!

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Agreed. It was a combination of things.

However, I do tend to agree with the others when they say that Lamar has played the biggest role in our turnaround. He may not be an upgrade at the QB position (maybe he will prove to be over time), but the rest of the team sure as heck looks a lot different and has played a lot better since he took over.

Right, and there’s also no reason for me to believe Joe wouldn’t also be 3-1 in the same stretch is my point. That said I’m not unhappy that Lamar is playing. I just don’t see his success as a slight against Joe.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I find it interesting that when I used to point out Flacco's W-L record, people would say that is not a QB stat and football is a team sport. Now all I hear about is Lamar's 3-1 record.

I also find it interesting that people used to try to say that Flacco wasn't a leader, when he clearly was; and how Lamar just seems like one of the guys.

This isn't a 'shit on Lamar' post. Just pointing out the inconsistencies.

My gripes with Lamar aside from his passing abilities is that he just does not seem like the brightest star in the galaxy. That's very concerning, given that the QB position is just as much about mental acumen as it is about physical talents. It makes me have serious concerns about whether he'll ever be successful as a passing QB. But hey, as long as the W's keep coming, I don't care how it is achieved. If we win when he is in, he needs to stay in.
He’s poorly spoken and might not be book smart.

Has nothing to do with on field smarts, which he seems to have.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Also, just look at Big Ben and Gronk for further proof that you can be a dumb brick and still be one of the best at your position.
He’s poorly spoken and might not be book smart.

Has nothing to do with on field smarts, which he seems to have.

I'm okay with him not being well spoken, or not being book smart. Neither of them have anything to do with intelligence, or has any effect on his ability to do his job.

I'm just saying he doesn't seem very bright in general. Does that translate to the football field? As a QB, it could. Or maybe it won't. Time will tell. As I said, it is a concern that I do have about him, and I hope that he will ease those concerns as he plays more.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Right, and there’s also no reason for me to believe Joe wouldn’t also be 3-1 in the same stretch is my point. That said I’m not unhappy that Lamar is playing. I just don’t see his success as a slight against Joe.
many of us disagree that Joe would be 3-1 within those stretches, but you are allowed to have your opinion and it's useless continuing this discussion as it's gone round and round.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'm okay with him not being well spoken, or not being book smart. Neither of them have anything to do with intelligence, or has any effect on his ability to do his job.

I'm just saying he doesn't seem very bright in general. Does that translate to the football field? As a QB, it could. Or maybe it won't. Time will tell. As I said, it is a concern that I do have about him, and I hope that he will ease those concerns as he plays more.
Well, Flacco seems intelligent, but he can't read a defense to save his life, so...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Will apologists follow their God when he's cut or traded to a different team in the offseason?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I love how you're either a Lamar hater or a Flacco hater....

Seriously. I'll always be thankful for the SB, and I'm optimistic for the future. I'm not calling Lamar elite or anything, he has a lot to learn. Flacco needs a run game to succeed. With our interior there is no way he can have that.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I love how you're either a Lamar hater or a Flacco hater....

Seriously. I'll always be thankful for the SB, and I'm optimistic for the future. I'm not calling Lamar elite or anything, he has a lot to learn. Flacco needs a run game to succeed. With our interior there is no way he can have that.
I'm thankful for it too, but apologists have to realize that was 6 years ago. He's been absolute trash since, minus when he had Kubiak. Flacco has never had good football IQ.