• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yea they ran up the score and threw the ball up multiple scores until time ran out with starters the whole time, they threw nearly every play. Then Zac Taylor gas lighted and said we did the same to them, except what we did was put a backup QB in after halftime and run the ball nearly every play, and also score off a pick six.

Honestly with how much they complain about us complaining about injuries they got something coming
imagine after the game you go up to your opponents “ thanks for not running up the score”.. that sound so soft. It dnt matter if we losing by 47, i want a team to kick a fg with time expiring to make it 50..

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yea they ran up the score and threw the ball up multiple scores until time ran out with starters the whole time, they threw nearly every play. Then Zac Taylor gas lighted and said we did the same to them, except what we did was put a backup QB in after halftime and run the ball nearly every play, and also score off a pick six.

Honestly with how much they complain about us complaining about injuries they got something coming
When we beat them down the year prior Wink was calling them weak for kicking a fg to avoid the shutout.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I genuinely don’t know what you mean when you call those guys insufferable smug douchebags, do you just hate them because they’re good?

Allen is a bit annoying

Burrow is really smug (but for good reason and it hurts more because he’s a division rival - if he was our QB or in the NFC we’d probably all love him)

The only thing to hate about mahomes is how good he is…

Herbert’s so insular it’s tough to imagine anyone disliking him… only reason to get annoyed about him is everyone crowning him when his teams have done less than the ravens the last few years

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Allen is a bit annoying

Burrow is really smug (but for good reason and it hurts more because he’s a division rival - if he was our QB or in the NFC we’d probably all love him)

Herbert’s so insular it’s tough to imagine anyone disliking him… only reason to get annoyed about him is everyone crowning him when his teams have done less than the ravens the last few years
pretty spot on, I don’t find Allen annoying, but yeah burrow is just VERY confident and if you hate having to play him twice a year i guess you could find him smug. Mahomes been a bit whiny lately but cmon you can’t deny his dog status.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
imagine after the game you go up to your opponents “ thanks for not running up the score”.. that sound so soft. It dnt matter if we losing by 47, i want a team to kick a fg with time expiring to make it 50..
Me too. This is pro ball, not the wuss league.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Allen is a bit annoying

What about Allen do you find annoying?

Tank

Hall of Famer
There’s another popular school of thought that says if your winning and the score is out of reach you don’t purposely run up the score. You play your back ups as much as possible and still play competitively. Your kinda saying we beat your asses and really have nothing left to prove, until the next time. For me that’s a winners attitude and shows much more class than trying to set the record for the winning margin. It’s about showing confidence and class, not about being soft.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
There’s another popular school of thought that says if your winning and the score is out of reach you don’t purposely run up the score. You play your back ups as much as possible and still play competitively. Your kinda saying we beat your asses and really have nothing left to prove, until the next time. For me that’s a winners attitude and shows much more class than trying to set the record for the winning margin. It’s about showing confidence and class, not about being soft.
I just see no reason for me to hate a team because i got the shit beat out of me. In a perfect world and in movies is the only place where “ class” is consistently shown.. this is reality, where if you complain about getting your ass beat, you look really soft. Ravens and ravens fans are only people that care about it, rest of the world was laughing and mocking us cause we got beat so bad. At this point, we should just walk off the field if the score is out of reach

Tank

Hall of Famer
I just see no reason for me to hate a team because i got the shit beat out of me. In a perfect world and in movies is the only place where “ class” is consistently shown.. this is reality, where if you complain about getting your ass beat, you look really soft. Ravens and ravens fans are only people that care about it, rest of the world was laughing and mocking us cause we got beat so bad. At this point, we should just walk off the field if the score is out of reach
That wasn’t my point. Agreed, I would never hate a team just for running up the score, if your beat, your beat. You put it behind you and improve, it’s not the other team’s fault.

My point is it show’s little professionalism or class to run up a score on a team you’ve already crushed. It’s not a perfect world or movie scenario, it’s what good teams do that carry themselves like they’ve been there before. IMO running up a score when it’s out of reach is bush league and amateurish.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
That wasn’t my point. Agreed, I would never hate a team just for running up the score, if your beat, your beat. You put it behind you and improve, it’s not the other team’s fault.

My point is it show’s little professionalism or class to run up a score on a team you’ve already crushed. It’s not a perfect world or movie scenario, it’s what good teams do that carry themselves like they’ve been there before. IMO running up a score when it’s out of reach is bush league and amateurish.
But didnt we keep running the ball on them when the game was over to get the record? Or was that another team? Either way, im glad they did it and i hope any team that gets chance to do so, does it vs us.. especially If its gonna get our team and coaches upset

Tank

Hall of Famer
But didnt we keep running the ball on them when the game was over to get the record? Or was that another team? Either way, im glad they did it and i hope any team that gets chance to do so, does it vs us.. especially If its gonna get our team and coaches upset
Key words, "to get a (team rushing)record". Dude fell down out of bounds when the record was broken, had nothing to do with showing up the other team or running up the score. lol

Different cultures I guess. I've played a bunch of sports at lower levels, and coached a bunch of youth sports up through teens. None of our teams(and there were some excellent ones) ever thought of running up the score with the game well in hand. It's my experience it's an unwritten policy amongst gentlemen and to do it is classless and bush league. Act like you've been there before, not like your celebrating the SB! lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nah, fuck that, those plays translate to stats that can Justify millions come contract time, this isn’t high school.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That last line is key, run it up, piss our guys off, we’ll see y’all again

Tank

Hall of Famer
Nah, fuck that, those plays translate to stats that can Justify millions come contract time, this isn’t high school.
It’s not just high school. If there’s plays a guy needs for incentives they give them the chance. Seldom is that the case in a walkover.

Pity the fool that get’s his star WR a career ending injury trying to score when winning 48 - 7. lol

I will say there’s some exceptions. College football rankings at the top are pretty arbitrary and often justified by a top team scoring 60 on a meager opponent. Or in some soccer leagues ties in the standings are broken by goal differential.