• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer
Wahl hair clipper since 1994. lol Original $19.99 Wahl Clipper lasted from maybe June 94 until May 2022. I think that works out to be less than $0.02/cut. Just got a new one last year to replace it, $69.99. I don't think I'll be alive to see the same return. ;)
Not sure when I bought mine, but put new blades on it in 2017. lol

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unfortunately, some waste it assuming that the money is going to flow forever. Then, there are quite a few black athletes who understand that their skills have opened up the door for them to change the lives of their families for generations to come that actually know how to manage, invest and make their financial portfolio work for them in the long run. Unfortunately, most in the black community are more consumed with buying the latest pair of $400 Jordans instead of learning how to invest in the stock market, obtain rental properties, buy land, etc.
Probably still more financially prudent than options trading the way wallsteetbets does it

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Aldridge was acting like a bitch because he wasn't getting the same shine as Lillard. Aldridge wasn't as marketable as him. So he goes from wanting to retire as a Blazer to wanting go home to Texas.

As for CJ, bruh.......it wasn't working in the playoffs with these two over the years. Playing with two guards who don't play defense can only get you so far. If you notice, when we lose in the playoffs, we typically get swept or lose in 5 in large part because one of them would shoot like shit and the ball movement was virtually nonexistent.

So if something isn't working (CJ) you trade him for something worse?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So if something isn't working (CJ) you trade him for something worse?
Oh I didn't think we got a good return at all (it was shit), but it was clear that it was time for a change. Either way, I'll direct any conversation like this to the NBA thread.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gone on and find you a barbershop and sit in that chair one time for the time.. do it for me and @rmcjacket23
Naw man! I haven't been in an official barber's chair since 92'.
Well I shave my own head so not only would that be a waste of time, it would also be a waste of $.
Exactly!
Barbershop would have you looking much nicer.. Your significant other will be very happy, especially if its been a while since youve had a nice clean cut.. shit you might even walk around smiling for no reason all day
As I mentioned earlier, my wife shaves my head and trims my beard. She has been doing it since 92'. She learned how to do it from one of our friends who owns her own barbershop. The shops can't make me look nicer than her. She uses the straight razor to edge and line me up as well. My beard is tight and on point.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
None of it or anyone are going to make you look nicer than her. lol
My use of the word "nicer" was slang as in, sharp! None of the barbers can make me look nicer or "sharper" than my wife does cause she's been shaving my head and trimming my beard since 92'. I didn't mean it as being better looking than Mrs. Militant. :lol:That's not happening no way no how; period! :cool:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So sick of this Burrow vs Mahomes storyline.... guess it's the new Brady vs Manning which means Lamar is Joe and his Super Bowl run will be beating both Burrow & Mahomes en route to a Super Bowl.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
So sick of this Burrow vs Mahomes storyline.... guess it's the new Brady vs Manning which means Lamar is Joe and his Super Bowl run will be beating both Burrow & Mahomes en route to a Super Bowl.
As much as I love Lamar and loved Joe, I wouldn't call or have called either of them one of the top 2 QBs in the AFC

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
As much as I love Lamar and loved Joe, I wouldn't call or have called either of them one of the top 2 QBs in the AFC

Prior to his injuries and including his MVP season, he is up there.

Joe coming off the superbowl performance I think got a bump into the top 5 for a short while lol

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Prior to his injuries and including his MVP season, he is up there.

Joe coming off the superbowl performance I think got a bump into the top 5 for a short while lol
For sure, but I still think it's valid for Burrow and Mahomes to be talked about as the matchup to watch without disrespecting Lamar.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve never seen more disrespect towards the Ravens and Lamar and it may feel even more vindicating for Lamar to win a Super Bowl than it did for Flacco. However, one thing that does scare me a little is that Lamar didn’t get hurt running the last two seasons, they were normal plays, I’m not sure if I buy the wear and tear argument from running since he doesn’t usually take leg shots while running. Just seems like the general consensus outside our fanbase is he won’t last the season, and that scares me a little too, we’ve been snake bit by injuries