• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ozraven

Practice Squad
Welcome back brother. You are absolutely right. Harbaugh is a decent guy and there are a lot worse coaches out there, but we absolutely have coaching issues that have cost us in close games. I do not trust him either. Harbaugh picks and hangs onto horrible coordinators like Pees, Trestman, and Cam Cameron. We are a better team than the results are showing. It is very frustrating!!!!

Truth....i like john. Maybe the hirings in other positions has been deplorable. But i rate john.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Also keep in mind any concerns about Lamar are fine if you want him to start right now. If you want to play Joe even just for the rest of the year even in tandem with Lamar to protect the young guy, and because you have concerns about run heavy offenses that ride a mobile quarterback... you’ll get pushback ranging from criticisms saying you’re unfairly trashing a rookie quarterback to ridiculously being called racist.
That's why I've stopped commenting on here too many people are getting butt hurt over the situation and using insults as a comeback instead of a logical argument and it's really annoying

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's why I've stopped commenting on here too many people are getting butt hurt over the situation and using insults as a comeback instead of a logical argument and it's really annoying
No one is right or wrong in this situation. They all have their point of view. Imo, I see the team playing better with Lamar than I do with Joe. We become too one dimensional with Joe, even if he is a better passer of the ball. Even in a loss we still almost rushed for 200 yards.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

You have some wild takes, and it is very clear you believe Joe is the best option for this team and completely ignore the stats of this team.

Disrespecting you is not the way to do it.

This team runs the ball and moves the chains a lot more consistently which gives our defense a rest which translates to better defense. After 4 games, you're wrong in your thinking that Joe is a better fit for this team right now.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

You specifically only commented on Lamar yesterday when he was making bad plays. The second he he throws a td to put the team up you, radio silence. Then the team loses and it's you magically show up again saying the team needs Joe, with no mention that he had put the team ahead.

Now far too many times I've had to sit here and hear, well Joe left us with a lead and the defense did him no favors, but I guess that narrative changes depending on which QB you like... At least @3-4ravdef509 has to heart to stand by what the say and show some kind objectivity. You, na. You're either a troll or strictly a Flacco fan.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
You specifically only commented on Lamar yesterday when he was making bad plays. The second he he throws a td to put the team up you, radio silence. Then the team loses and it's you magically show up again saying the team needs Joe, with no mention that he had put the team ahead.

Now far too many times I've had to sit here and hear, well Joe left us with a lead and the defense did him no favors, but I guess that narrative changes depending on which QB you like... At least @3-4ravdef509 has to heart to stand by what the say and show some kind objectivity. You, na. You're either a troll or strictly a Flacco fan.

On that train of thought, Lamar did play well enough to win yesterday by giving us the lead late. I’ll give him credit for that. The fumble hurts but that happens to every quarterback.

The only BUT I have is that if Joe was playing, I think he would have been able to score more on that chiefs defense than Lamar did, and Joe I think would have done better in the two minute drill.

On sundays though I’m rooting for purple. I love watching Lamar play but damn stop throwing at our receivers feet!

Lamar did have some good throws yesterday too. I was actually impressed by the throw to Moore in the end zone , if Moore had attacked the ball it might have been a touchdown.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
On that train of thought, Lamar did play well enough to win yesterday by giving us the lead late. I’ll give him credit for that. The fumble hurts but that happens to every quarterback.

The only BUT I have is that if Joe was playing, I think he would have been able to score more on that chiefs defense than Lamar did, and Joe I think would have done better in the two minute drill.

On sundays though I’m rooting for purple. I love watching Lamar play but damn stop throwing at our receivers feet!

Lamar did have some good throws yesterday too. I was actually impressed by the throw to Moore in the end zone , if Moore had attacked the ball it might have been a touchdown.

There's no problem with favoring one guy over the other. I get it, my point is, he's sitting there talking about all the bad plays and says nothing when we were in the lead. Then, just came back to basically say Lamar cost us the game. My thing is, bring that same energy because I know if Flacco was playing yesterday, and we lost the same way, all he would be speaking about is how the defense didn't do their job.

I agree, too. Lamar does need to improve throwing and no one will deny that. Missed some easy ones that could have kept drives alive and potentially left points off the board. That throw to Moore was good. Shocked he still couldn't come down with it and that we didn't see a flag for that, but did on Crab.

Side note, Mahomes is the goddam truth.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's no problem with favoring one guy over the other. I get it, my point is, he's sitting there talking about all the bad plays and says nothing when we were in the lead. Then, just came back to basically say Lamar cost us the game. My thing is, bring that same energy because I know if Flacco was playing yesterday, and we lost the same way, all he would be speaking about is how the defense didn't do their job.

I agree, too. Lamar does need to improve throwing and no one will deny that. Missed some easy ones that could have kept drives alive and potentially left points off the board. That throw to Moore was good. Shocked he still couldn't come down with it and that we didn't see a flag for that, but did on Crab.

Side note, Mahomes is the goddam truth.

If offense only got 24 against that bad Chiefs D and defense gave up only 24 to that amazing Chiefs O, I would still be saying Defense did its job and the offense shit the bed.

Flacvo, Lamar, RG3, it doesn't matter who plays QB so long as the job gets done. The job playing the Chiefs is to put up at least 30 if you expect to win and they did not get the job done. Is it all Lamar? Hell no, but a lot more of it is than people here want to say. There is no shortage of blame to go around after all.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
If offense only got 24 against that bad Chiefs D and defense gave up only 24 to that amazing Chiefs O, I would still be saying Defense did its job and the offense shit the bed.

Flacvo, Lamar, RG3, it doesn't matter who plays QB so long as the job gets done. The job playing the Chiefs is to put up at least 30 if you expect to win and they did not get the job done. Is it all Lamar? Hell no, but a lot more of it is than people here want to say. There is no shortage of blame to go around after all.

Completely get that. The defense did a great job, but 4th and 9. 4th and fucking 9. Not only did we not get the stop, but gave up about 50 yards. Missed opportunities to get points early too.

The sad part is I said I wanted this close. Now that it was close I'm pissed, especially with the Steelers taking the loss and feeling kind of robbed by the refs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it's situational though - and in every game lamar plays the scores will naturally be lower because he uses up so much clock that both teams have fewer drives in the game

the average number of possessions in an NFL game is just under 25 - vs the Chiefs quick-fire offence and with overtime included the Ravens-Chiefs had 21 - that also included 4 2-minute drills... and this wasnt even the most ball-controlly game lamar's played

Lamar shortens the game so every team (including the Ravens) should naturally score fewer points

now we probably should have scored more than 24 but the Chiefs dont get held like that without the clock running all game

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

@RavensFan419 isn't a troll, but he does believe in Flacco, without a doubt.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler

You must not read much or pick what you want to remember I've praised Lamar many times I think we have a future with him I dont think he has thrown the ball well that's my opinion he has more bad throws then good ones yes he is a rookie but I think if we want to make a push in the playoffs this style of play wont last and we need Joe THIS YEAR maybe I'm wrong we may never know i dont care either way as I've said 100 times we all root for the same team and i want to win i think Joe is our best chance to win this season I'm definitely not a troll I've been on these boards since back on BR.com i love this team i just have a opinion different them yours and that's okay yesterday I didn't comment on any of lamars plays that were "good" because nothing wowed me that td to max William's is nothing special all I saw was him missing multiple easy throws and throwing behind receivers all day he made some good plays but he just isnt a better passer than Joe and we dont know if with these running backs if the run game will be efficient or not when Joe was playing none of the current RBS were playing.... now obviously it wont be as good as with Lamar simply because yes he is a threat to run but Joe is a better passer so I believe with the RBS we have now it's fair to say we would be better set with Joe that's just MY opinion though and I'm more than willing to admit when I'm wrong it just hasn't not been proven yet

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You must not read much or pick what you want to remember I've praised Lamar many times I think we have a future with him I dont think he has thrown the ball well that's my opinion he has more bad throws then good ones yes he is a rookie but I think if we want to make a push in the playoffs this style of play wont last and we need Joe THIS YEAR maybe I'm wrong we may never know i dont care either way as I've said 100 times we all root for the same team and i want to win i think Joe is our best chance to win this season I'm definitely not a troll I've been on these boards since back on BR.com i love this team i just have a opinion different them yours and that's okay yesterday I didn't comment on any of lamars plays that were "good" because nothing wowed me that td to max William's is nothing special all I saw was him missing multiple easy throws and throwing behind receivers all day he made some good plays but he just isnt a better passer than Joe and we dont know if with these running backs if the run game will be efficient or not when Joe was playing none of the current RBS were playing.... now obviously it wont be as good as with Lamar simply because yes he is a threat to run but Joe is a better passer so I believe with the RBS we have now it's fair to say we would be better set with Joe that's just MY opinion though and I'm more than willing to admit when I'm wrong it just hasn't not been proven yet
Teams were stacking the box even when Joe was playing because we weren't completing many passes downfield. He has been innacurate on long passes since Torrey left the building. I know you didn't bring this up and he's not much more accurate than Lamar. As a matter of fact, it seems as though Lamar is hitting his RB's in stride more than Joe. I could be wrong with that, but it certainly looks that way. Yes Lamar misses some passes, but Joe does as well and he very rarely goes through his progressions. Something that Lamar Jackson does better as a rookie than Joe does as an 11 year veteran, imo

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Let me also say we only put up 23 against the Saints AT HOME. At the time their pass defense was in the 20s I think, but the story was the defense gave up a 10 point lead and Tucker missing the PAT. but you dont hear me tho...

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel like I remember bitching about the offense that day to. I can't remember if that was when they ran like crazy and it kept falling or when players got a case of Crab hands, but I remember being all around pissed at the offense that game

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Let me also say we only put up 23 against the Saints AT HOME. At the time their pass defense was in the 20s I think, but the story was the defense gave up a 10 point lead and Tucker missing the PAT. but you dont hear me tho...

I feel like I remember bitching about the offense that day to. I can't remember if that was when they ran like crazy and it kept falling or when players got a case of Crab hands, but I remember being all around pissed at the offense that game

If I remember correctly, the offense didn’t actually see the field a whole lot in the second half for one reason or another.

I do remember Joe coming through in the clutch though.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Ah I just looked and remembered.

The offense didn’t have the ball hardly at all in the first quarter.

So we scored on 4 out of 8 drives , only one three and out , three punts and 1 turnover on downs.

We only had 8 drives which is pretty low compared to what the average is which is I think like 12 or 13. The offense moved the ball on the drives that didn’t score (minus the 3 and out) but just stalled right outside FG range.

Tank

Hall of Famer
. when players got a case of Crab hands

upload_2018-12-10_17-54-53.jpeg