• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer
You must not read much or pick what you want to remember I've praised Lamar many times I think we have a future with him I dont think he has thrown the ball well that's my opinion he has more bad throws then good ones yes he is a rookie but I think if we want to make a push in the playoffs this style of play wont last and we need Joe THIS YEAR maybe I'm wrong we may never know i dont care either way as I've said 100 times we all root for the same team and i want to win i think Joe is our best chance to win this season I'm definitely not a troll I've been on these boards since back on BR.com i love this team i just have a opinion different them yours and that's okay yesterday I didn't comment on any of lamars plays that were "good" because nothing wowed me that td to max William's is nothing special all I saw was him missing multiple easy throws and throwing behind receivers all day he made some good plays but he just isnt a better passer than Joe and we dont know if with these running backs if the run game will be efficient or not when Joe was playing none of the current RBS were playing.... now obviously it wont be as good as with Lamar simply because yes he is a threat to run but Joe is a better passer so I believe with the RBS we have now it's fair to say we would be better set with Joe that's just MY opinion though and I'm more than willing to admit when I'm wrong it just hasn't not been proven yet
Punctuation and P breaks could be your friend. lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If offense only got 24 against that bad Chiefs D and defense gave up only 24 to that amazing Chiefs O, I would still be saying Defense did its job and the offense shit the bed.

Flacvo, Lamar, RG3, it doesn't matter who plays QB so long as the job gets done. The job playing the Chiefs is to put up at least 30 if you expect to win and they did not get the job done. Is it all Lamar? Hell no, but a lot more of it is than people here want to say. There is no shortage of blame to go around after all.
Bullshit. The point isn’t to try to score with the chiefs, because all but 2 teams are gonna lose that game. The point is to slow the game down and make the chiefs grind it out with you and force them to play at your pace. The job of the offense and defense both is to keep it in reach and then finish strong. Offense kept it in reach by scoring with them, defense kept them in check most of the game, with the offense taking a lead late needing only one more stop on 4th and 9, and they give up a fucking bomb and completely blow it. As they have done time and time again, and again, and again.

One side of our team scored 3 TDs in arrowhead, kept mahomes off the field for huge chunks of time, and the other side had a lead to protect for just one more play and gave up damn near 40 yards on it.

After seeing this for 3 straight years how can you do anything but blame the defense at this point? I get it, you’re one of those people who wanna be overly objective and act as if a random first quarter drive that didn’t end in points is just as much to blame as 4th and 9, but that’s simply not true. If Mosley bats that ball it’s game over and both sides are to thank, but Mosley slipped and missed it and jimmy was trailing by a mile with a lead to protect, the defense takes the blame here. Just as they should have vs the bengals and Steelers last year, and the Christmas game vs the Steelers the year before.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bullshit. The point isn’t to try to score with the chiefs, because all but 2 teams are gonna lose that game. The point is to slow the game down and make the chiefs grind it out with you and force them to play at your pace. The job of the offense and defense both is to keep it in reach and then finish strong. Offense kept it in reach by scoring with them, defense kept them in check most of the game, with the offense taking a lead late needing only one more stop on 4th and 9, and they give up a fucking bomb and completely blow it. As they have done time and time again, and again, and again.

One side of our team scored 3 TDs in arrowhead, kept mahomes off the field for huge chunks of time, and the other side had a lead to protect for just one more play and gave up damn near 40 yards on it.

After seeing this for 3 straight years how can you do anything but blame the defense at this point? I get it, you’re one of those people who wanna be overly objective and act as if a random first quarter drive that didn’t end in points is just as much to blame as 4th and 9, but that’s simply not true. If Mosley bats that ball it’s game over and both sides are to thank, but Mosley slipped and missed it and jimmy was trailing by a mile with a lead to protect, the defense takes the blame here. Just as they should have vs the bengals and Steelers last year, and the Christmas game vs the Steelers the year before.

a much more fair criticism of our offence yesterday was that we didnt shorten the game enough by having a few too many short drives that took no time - we werent quite as good as against previous teams at making sure our drives took the maximum amount of clock - obviously you hope that your offence scores every drive but outside of the saints going absolutely crazy for about 3 games in a row earlier in the year that's almost impossible

basically we were let down by our 2 minute offence before the half, before the end and in OT - if our 2 minute offence functions more effectively vs teh chiefs we win the game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
a much more fair criticism of our offence yesterday was that we didnt shorten the game enough by having a few too many short drives that took no time - we werent quite as good as against previous teams at making sure our drives took the maximum amount of clock - obviously you hope that your offence scores every drive but outside of the saints going absolutely crazy for about 3 games in a row earlier in the year that's almost impossible

basically we were let down by our 2 minute offence before the half, before the end and in OT - if our 2 minute offence functions more effectively vs teh chiefs we win the game
This is true, and it wasn’t just those drives but there were multiple drives where we would shut ourselves down, most notably early on the one where Dixon was going absolutely apeshit and then we ran ty Montgomery twice in a row for no gain and the drive stalled, then the few drives that were starting strong on the ground and then we just decide it’s working too well and it’s time to pass on all 3 downs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is true, and it wasn’t just those drives but there were multiple drives where we would shut ourselves down, most notably early on the one where Dixon was going absolutely apeshit and then we ran ty Montgomery twice in a row for no gain and the drive stalled, then the few drives that were starting strong on the ground and then we just decide it’s working too well and it’s time to pass on all 3 downs

I almost feel like we should dare teams to stop the zone-read on first down almost every time we get into 1st and 10 because we know we can get 10 yards in 2 downs almost guaranteed with lamar under centre - so if we get 4+ yards on 1st down then we basically have a free play on 2nd down and if it works we reset and start again and if it doesnt work we're still in 3rd and manageable and with lamar 3rd and 5 is still just about a potential running down

and tbf to marty we've run more on 1st down since lamar came in as the starter than the vikings have all year (although that probably tells you just as much about the vikings offence and john defilippo as it does about our offence)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I almost feel like we should dare teams to stop the zone-read on first down almost every time we get into 1st and 10 because we know we can get 10 yards in 2 downs almost guaranteed with lamar under centre - so if we get 4+ yards on 1st down then we basically have a free play on 2nd down and if it works we reset and start again and if it doesnt work we're still in 3rd and manageable and with lamar 3rd and 5 is still just about a potential running down

and tbf to marty we've run more on 1st down since lamar came in as the starter than the vikings have all year (although that probably tells you just as much about the vikings offence and john defilippo as it does about our offence)
But deFilippo had Dalvin Cook injured for most of the season and he has Cousins throwing to Diggs and Thielen - can't really compare or tell what would he do with our offense.

Icy

Practice Squad

i still have absolutely no idea why he did that

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

The only time we shouldn’t read option on first down, is after an offsides, or in very specific momentum swing moments, like after getting a turnover in opponents territory, or a good return, etc. and even then it should sparingly be used as a play action bomb with an option to either pass deep or scramble effectively. We did it one time and it failed and I’m pretty sure it resulted in a 3 and out, and I didn’t hate the call, but I didn’t like the timing either.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Lol yeah my bad... I was typing on my phone taking a shit at work lol
HelpfulAnchoredGermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But deFilippo had Dalvin Cook injured for most of the season and he has Cousins throwing to Diggs and Thielen - can't really compare or tell what would he do with our offense.

oh i 100% agree - ive just been watching him and LaFleur's playcalling as much as i can given that they are such big HC candidates for this offseason and thought it was an interesting thing to note

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
oh i 100% agree - ive just been watching him and LaFleur's playcalling as much as i can given that they are such big HC candidates for this offseason and thought it was an interesting thing to note
I'm not sold on him to be honest. Feels like they haven't improved much from last season - Keenum had not looked much worse than Cousins with these same guys. I'd rather bring Thielen and keep Marty, if that was somehow possible.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Joe or Lamar it doesn’t matter. If it’s a big game and the offense gets a game winning drive, the defense will blow it

4th and long against teams in red scare the shit out of me. And we have the Bucs fuck.

If we win the division we didn’t win it pitt tried hard to lose. I see them beating the pats and losing to the saints and us losing to the chargers

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad
One thing I can say about Joe is at the end of the game there is no way he would come out if he hurt his ankle. And why was Lamar not clutching it instead of laying out prone on the ground. Most everybody on here thought he had a back injury at the time. Something not kosher here.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
One thing I can say about Joe is at the end of the game there is no way he would come out if he hurt his ankle. And why was Lamar not clutching it instead of laying out prone on the ground. Most everybody on here thought he had a back injury at the time. Something not kosher here.
Having rg3 right there on the sideline was a cruel reminder of why you don’t force mobile QBs to play injured when you have the future of the franchise riding on them

rossihunter2

Staff Member

This here... this is the worst take I’ve seen since the game ended - and I’ve seen some bad ones

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Funny thing is, Lamar got injured on a passing play because he wasn't mobile enough.
Believe me... I’ve noted the irony... and put it in the faces of all those who say running QBs are bound to get injured.

Bruh, you got rg3, and who else? Vick got hurt a few times but his career wasn’t derailed by injuries. There isn’t even a precedent for it, aside from guys breaking down rapidly once they hit a certain age like McNair, Ben, Cunningham, but no real evidence that rushing QBs all have their careers just fucking derailed because they get hurt running, however, the mightiest of QBs have been sidetracked for 1-2 years due to what seems like a routine hit in the pocket.