• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler

it’s been so long it seems like since we’ve seen this team in action this offseason is going to be killer.... just rewatched this and man I love LJs reaction the dude gets me fired up lol

Reactions: cdp

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-wr-...ous-members-of-ap-all-pro-team-174948413.html

It’s no surprise that Jackson, the Ravens’ dynamic star, was the quarterback on the All-Pro team. It would be a shock if he’s not named MVP. The surprise might be that Jackson wasn’t a unanimous pick. Jackson got 47 of the 50 votes. Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson got the other three.

————

I’m starting to feel like there’s a contingent in the press that wants to award things to Russell Wilson just because he’s been close before and they think he’s entitled to it. 47/50 ain’t bad but voting for Wilson is ridiculous given the season 8 has put together.

I shudder to think what would have happened if the Seahawks had managed to beat the Cardinals or the Rams and not finished the season going 1-3 over their last 4.

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Of course. He and “two of his colleagues” at Sirius. Wilson loses to the Rams and Cardinals and goes 1-3 to close the season but he’s the all-pro for Bill.
now I have good reason to cancel my subscription to Sirius, well atleast never to listen to these guys. Not that I have been anyway.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Best reply I've seen under this tweet: (also their voting jury must get younger. No offense, but too many of these "old" guys missed the evolution of the game and the world in general)
tenor.gif

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
live footage of bill polian right now:

Kirwin is apparently best friends with Pete Carrol and his co-host, the third Wilson vote, is a former steeler. They should be stripped of their voting rights. Kirwin is same guy that kept Manning from being unanimous MVP in 2013 by voting for Tom Brady.

I had read the quote where Lamar told the Browns they need to “chill out” there n interviewing our OC cause we got stuff to do so you can wait. So I was wondering if he said that kind of tongue in cheek or what.

Then I watched the press conference and man he sounded serious like not joking around. I thought that was interesting

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-wr-...ous-members-of-ap-all-pro-team-174948413.html

It’s no surprise that Jackson, the Ravens’ dynamic star, was the quarterback on the All-Pro team. It would be a shock if he’s not named MVP. The surprise might be that Jackson wasn’t a unanimous pick. Jackson got 47 of the 50 votes. Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson got the other three.

————

I’m starting to feel like there’s a contingent in the press that wants to award things to Russell Wilson just because he’s been close before and they think he’s entitled to it. 47/50 ain’t bad but voting for Wilson is ridiculous given the season 8 has put together.

I shudder to think what would have happened if the Seahawks had managed to beat the Cardinals or the Rams and not finished the season going 1-3 over their last 4.
I heard that Bill Polian was one that didn't vote for Lamar Jackson as all pro... is that true or just a rumor? Does anybody know? If true that is a despicable human being...

Edit: I just saw all the previous posts that confirm it. What a insulate piece of garbage this old fart must be! He just wanted to rub it in because he lost all credibility as a football guru! He is trash that was made entirely by riding Peyton Manning's coat tails who he got by virtue of having the #1 overall pick. How shallow this man must be is amazing. Who are those morons that voted alongside him at Sirius I wonder? Hopefully it isn't that Philly scout turned idiot analyst whose name I can't recall right now who was nodding his head in agreement when Polian declared Lamar should be a WR....

Last edited:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

————

There's almost an undercurrent of hate led by old white dudes like Polian of undermining Lamar Jackson's candidacy. I cannot imagine how they retain the vote frankly. Polian must not only have the privilege of an AP vote but he must be stripped of his HOF credentials as well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I had read the quote where Lamar told the Browns they need to “chill out” there n interviewing our OC cause we got stuff to do so you can wait. So I was wondering if he said that kind of tongue in cheek or what.

Then I watched the press conference and man he sounded serious like not joking around. I thought that was interesting
Nah, that was like a ryan reynolds serious, like that was clearly dry humor to me lol.

but, there’s a little truth behind every jk and there was clearly truth there. I haven’t spoken up on this, but I think it’s total bullshit that Roman is doing that, and if I was harbaugh I’d have a real problem with it, I’d hope that harbaugh gives him something along the lines of “I’m happy for ya, we’re gonna allow the interview, but I’m pretty disappointed that you’re not more focused on this special run we got going here”

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I got the complete opposite impression watching the presser - seemed pretty much like he was joking around to me -

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I heard that Bill Polian was one that didn't vote for Lamar Jackson as all pro... is that true or just a rumor? Does anybody know? If true that is a despicable human being...

Edit: I just saw all the previous posts that confirm it. What a insulate piece of garbage this old fart must be! He just wanted to rub it in because he lost all credibility as a football guru! He is trash that was made entirely by riding Peyton Manning's coat tails who he got by virtue of having the #1 overall pick. How shallow this man must be is amazing. Who are those morons that voted alongside him at Sirius I wonder? Hopefully it isn't that Philly scout turned idiot analyst whose name I can't recall right now who was nodding his head in agreement when Polian declared Lamar should be a WR....

The 2 Sirius guys - 1 is a friend of Pete Carroll’s I think and the other is a steelers fan

Cannot confirm but I think that’s what’s going on with the other 2

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Nah, that was like a ryan reynolds serious, like that was clearly dry humor to me lol.

but, there’s a little truth behind every jk and there was clearly truth there. I haven’t spoken up on this, but I think it’s total bullshit that Roman is doing that, and if I was harbaugh I’d have a real problem with it, I’d hope that harbaugh gives him something along the lines of “I’m happy for ya, we’re gonna allow the interview, but I’m pretty disappointed that you’re not more focused on this special run we got going here”
Every coach can say he'll interview after the season is over for his team. If the team requesting the interview won't wait, they haven't been all that serious to begin with. In Roman's particular case, accepting CLE's request and interviewing now feels a little desperate, having in mind it's Cleveland and it's the only interview he got so far.